CoachK - The official project thread

TecmoTurd

The just picks any random play and ignores the default ones? 

I don't have the play names in front of me, but let's say they are named:

Travis (Autopick) if you choose this it picks a random play from the travis plays

Travis1

Travis2
Travis3

Knobbe (Autopick) random play from the knobbe plays

Knobbe1

Knobbe2

Knobbe3

Knobbe4

Witchita State = 00 00 00 would give Travis (A)

That would give them a playbook of:

A Play - Travis (Auto)

B Play - Travis1

C Play -Travis2

Duke = 04 05 06:

A Play - Knobbe (Auto) 

B Play - Knobbe2

C Play - Knobbe4

But if one of those teams is a COM player, they will call the play in the "A" slot most of the time?  I'll have to play around with this more tonight and see what I can come up with for an editor...

Much appreciated, and thanks for being responsive.  The little bit of pain we'll go through this first round will be negligible the next go at this...this is filling a hole that many people wanted filled with large peni...I, uh, er game, uh, stuff.  What were we talking about?

Could be in the minority again, but have been playing the game for 20 years and have never called an offensive play - just defensive to get your guys back so you don't get dunked on at the other end. So if it was me, I wouldn't stress too much on the plays.

ltrain, I don't want to do anything half-ass.  If we're going to do it, we're going to do it right...

P.S. Does anyone else have any interest in doing some rosters for some teams? 12 players per team...I'll get you the info if you are interested.

Here are teams not in the top 25 that are in the "others receiving votes" area:

Texas

Virginia Commonwealth

UCLA

Gonzaga

Kansas State

St. Joes

Ohio State

Green Bay

Stephen F. Austin

Pittsburgh

Southern Miss

I'm putting Texas in there for drunken, miami in for hurr...

Here are the teams that will be included in the ROM so far.  The bold ones are not currently on the existing ROM so they need to replace another team. 

1. Florida
  2. Witchita State
  3. Arizona
  4. Duke
  5. Virginia
  6. Villanova
  7. Syracuse
  8. Kansas
  9. Wisconsin
  10. SD State
  11. Louisville
  12. Michigan
  13. Creighton
  14. North Carolina
  15. Cincinnati
  16. Iowa State
  17. St. Louis
  18. Southern Methodist
  19. UCONN
  20. Memphis
  21. New Mexico
  22. Mich St
  23. Oklahoma
  24. Iowa
  25. Kentucky
  26. St. Mary's
  27. Virginia Commonwealth (editor's choice)
  28. Miami (editor's choice)
  29. Texas (editor's choice)
  30. Kansas St. (orv)
  31. Gonzaga (orv)
  32. Indiana (editor's choice)
  33. UCLA (editor's choice)
  34. Ohio St.
  35. Harvard (orv)
  36. St. Joe's (orv)
  37. Green Bay (orv)
  38. Oklahoma St (editor's choice)
  39. Marquette (editor's choice)
  40. Stephen F. Austin

Teams on the base 2010 ROM that need to be replaced
Empty - Maryland.
Empty - Butler
Empty - Purdue
Empty - Tennessee
Empty - Baylor
Empty - Cornell
Empty - Washington
Empty - Xavier
Empty - Georgetown
Empty - Texas A&M
Empty - NIU
Empty - Vanderbilt
Empty - W. Virginia
Empty - Pittsburgh
Empty - Temple
Empty - Wake Forest
Empty - Georga Tech
Empty - BYU
Empty - Nebraska
Empty - California
Empty - Richmond

Edited by TecmoTurd

Hurricane, it'd be cool to have logos done, but for ease of updating (and in case you get hit by a bus, even though I can draw them too) I'd like the ability to have them blanked out, which I guess I could do in TLP myself  I just think it's easier to crank out a game that way since the logos would likely change a lot year to year, unlike the NFL.  Even though the logos do look cool...

also, i can do a randomizer for the first rom, basucally rank all the players after the ratings are done, and assign teams via "draft". best team. fla gets first pick every round. until rosters are done. just an idea. 480 players shouldnt take long.

Where are you putting that? Any changes you make to rom locations will break my in progress code. I wouldn't worry about that extra flair until after we have a good base rom to work with.

Also, let's talk more about this randomizer. It might be a good way to fill rosters. I'd like to discuss it more.

To anyone offering to do teams, remember to shoot me an email.

Today I did a little coding on my editor...the first phase is a web based one with no security and the ability to edit one ROM only.  The goal is to shore this up at a later point in time, but right now it serves to make the yearly ROM edit easier to do.

I sorted through MT's docs, and as of right now I have the full uniform editor working, complete with the teams that share uniforms/courts, and the one team that shares only courts but not uniforms...

I'm going to go through this and start adding the base teams to the ROM, replacing ones that aren't in it this year as we discussed a few threads up...

And what cane55 was talking about is the team related info that runs before the game. He hacked it so each team will have 4-5 random things that will run. This includes the coaches name, their tourney history, and fun facts or style notes. Each team has these and im not sure you want to add it to an editor but they are availableto be edited.

ratings can be subjective. ideally we need the stats for the top 12 players on each team, then rank by category. jump, speed, str are subjective though, so that is why i say randomize and draft.

the info is already ingame. the pointers as well. i can just make the character limits universal. yes a last priority, but not complicated. shouldnt effect the editor.

i can write an excel one....but someone would need to import to hex....i can even have the hex string, but it gets jarbled when cut and paste from excel to cygnus. some ascii characters arent recognized by excel (carriage return,etc....) so it assigns closest character when pasting.