Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament NES Texas 8/18/2012

Jimmy1996

Tecmo Mud Bowl V - Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament NES

Date: Saturday 8/18/12

Time: 9:30 A.M.

1120 W. Panola St.

Carthage, TX 75633

Contact Number to Register: (903) 754-7257 (Please Register as we are only taking 30 Players)

Cost: $25.00 to enter

This tournament shall be played on Tecmo Super Bowl on NES.

What you get for playing - Shirt - Drink - Popcorn - Guaranteed 3 Games Played - A chance at Trophy

Rules>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1. Played on Original Nintendo Cartridge of Tecmo Super Bowl, no outside games allowed.

2. Played with Original NES Controllers, No Other Controllers Allowed, No Turbos, No Outside Controllers.

3. Coin Flip decides what teams are picked to play with. This means Coin Flip winner picks both teams to be played with.

4. Coin Flip Losers get to pick either, which team they want, or which controller. If they pick a team then the other player gets to choose which controller.

5. If a play happens that causes a game messup, such as blocked pass called sack, then you must just play it out. This is not the only example of what can happen.

6. No taking DL men and diving in on the QB.

7. No pressing buttons during coin toss.

8. You are allowed to sub players for other positions.

9. You are allowed to modify playbooks before the game.

10. You are allowed to coach other players during a game.

12. Players will break up into groups of four and play each other once during a robin-round style matchup. Each player shall be ranked after this from 1-20 based on Most Wins, with Points Diff as first tie breaker, and Total Yardage as second tie breaker.

11. Players will fill out a score sheet during the robin-round matchups to keep track of the Person they Played, Points Diff, and Total Yardage.

12. The top 20 players will play in a double elimination bracket.

13. First Place gets a trophy and money.

14. Second Place gets a trophy and smaller amount of money.

15. Third Place gets smallest amout of money.

16. First, Second, and Third place get automatic invites to the next tournament and shall not have to play robin-round.

17. Each player can only call the same matchup once. Example: Player 1 calls Bills at Niners, then Player 1 can never choose these two teams ever again in the tournament. However, if Player 1 is playing another player that decides to call that matchup then that is allowed.

18. Third Place gets to pick the two teams played with in the Super Bowl. Coin Flip winner in the Super Bowl gets the first choice of which team or which controller first.

This post has been promoted to an article

Guys here is a look at the "Tecmo Mud Bowl V" trophy and the official Marino Autographed Dolpins helment that will go to the winner of the Pro-Bowl following the Super Bowl Game! Check out the pictures attached to this post! We also have a nice 2nd place trophy that is not pictured here.

post-8569-0-23002400-1344490847_thumb.jp

post-8569-0-69893400-1344490881_thumb.jp

Also, If you notice in that picture I placed a quarter at the base of the trophy to give you an idea of it's size. It's a pretty massive trophy as you can also see it's as high as the brick fireplace in the background. This well be a very squared away tourny to participate in!!

Dear Jack... That is.. the Jack that's the recent champion of the LA SW Tecmo Tournament...I know this is short notice... but... PookyX9 (Pookie Pookums) says if you bring your Cajun A** over here to Texas he is going to paste you and your boy Tommy! He said you won't last two quarters with him because he is the undisputed Three Time Champion of Carthage and all you have played against is LA scrubs. He said please dont be dumb enough to bring any of your other "Pipe Dragging LA No Playing Homies" with you either...That they wont even make it through the Robin Round with him.. Deepest Regards, Jimmy

P.S. He said he's not even going to mention BG Boud (Brent) because he thinks his game is really weak!

Well it was definitely a fun tournament. This tourny had more twisted endings than a Tom Clancy Novel. In the end it came down to Jack and the Ashman for the Super Bowl. The Ashman selected the Miami Dolphins(how fitting due to the Marino Helment) and Jack took the Cincy Bengals. 1st half was pretty close as the Ashman took two FGs and Jack scored a TD making it 7-6 Begals at the half. 4th qtr Jack takes the Begals on a long drive and gets held at 5 yd line and settles for a FG and its 10-6 Bengals with about a minute left in games. Ashman puts Mitchell in the game and lofts. JJ to Clayton at the Bengal 5 yd line. Marino comes back in the game and two playa later throws a strike again to Clayton and thats ballgame 13-10 Ashman wins! Jack played very good!

Dear Jack... That is.. the Jack that's the recent champion of the LA SW Tecmo Tournament...I know this is short notice... but... PookyX9 (Pookie Pookums) says if you bring your Cajun A** over here to Texas he is going to paste you and your boy Tommy! He said you won't last two quarters with him because he is the undisputed Three Time Champion of Carthage and all you have played against is LA scrubs. He said please dont be dumb enough to bring any of your other "Pipe Dragging LA No Playing Homies" with you either...That they wont even make it through the Robin Round with him.. Deepest Regards, Jimmy

P.S. He said he's not even going to mention BG Boud (Brent) because he thinks his game is really weak!

Looks like SnookieX9 put his foot in his mouth! Ask him how that leather taste eeerrrrr ask him how that Louisiana Hot Sauce tasted, LOL! SnookieX9 got drummed by Jack 37-3! LOL! Maybe Jack should have brought some of those scrubs with him so SnookieX9 could beat someone.

Oh yea, I heard Brent Boudreaux, with his so called weak game, beat him also! Awesome!

I can't wait to get my thumbs on SnookieX9 and show him how good he is not, lol!

All fun and games though, have a great week!

That's actually Dave Ashman Twin Cinema using Jimmy's screen name, and pookie hadn't seen me play before unless there was some online game years ago that I don't recall.

I came in third though I went 2-1 on the day against Dave who won it. This was triple elimination! Two games of pool play decided the 8 who go to play in the bracket. I played pookie and another guy in pool play to be the third seed. The first and second seeds earned their spots because they had 50+ to 0 games against a female player.

I think I started 4-0 in the real bracket deal then lost my first game right after I ate lunch to Dave and lost to Jack right after. I was back on track with another win vs. pookie and a win vs. Jimmy. I beat Dave in an epic Cardinals vs. Falcons battle where I had to stop at the 1 on 4th and goal. I had another win against Dave with Chiefs on Bengals. I don't recall the order of these...my third loss was to Jack in a Bucs/Chargers matchup which might have been the most called matchup of the day. You have to know that both Dave and Jack are clock bleeders whereas I run out of bounds as much as I can. They'll use up the whole damn quarter tacking tackles inbounds and I hassled them on it. Sure enough in this game Jack took up the whole first quarter taking tackles to drive for a TD. What happens next? I fumble the kick return. Down 14-0 like that and not able to score before the end of the half I played too desparately and it got away from me.

So, out of all this triple elimination craziness, I went 2-1 vs. the champ Dave, 1-2 vs. Jack, and 3-0 vs. pookie.

Dave has won twice with Colts vs. Browns this year. He did it to me in Lake Charles and did it to Jack here. I guess he's the king of Trudeau JJs and getting the key fumble with the defense.

Disappointing day for me as I was the fastest tapper there but still got stifled most of the time on playcalling. Dave and Jack would make their presence known in Madison though and I hope we get a trip together!