Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
davefmurray

MUSIC - Share Your Favorites! - Friday Jams

775 posts in this topic

TITLE CHANGE - I will now be posting what I am listening to on Fridays at work or when being awesome. I encourage you to do the same.

I'm always curious to know what everyone listens to.

Hurricane55 is jamming Jay-Z.
TDO is probably listening to Boy George.

What about the rest of you?

I've been cranking Young Widows, Young Widows – Old Wounds , and Thrice, Thrice – The Artist In The Ambulance , today.

Edited by davefmurray
Title change

Usually I have my collection on shuffle but have been listening to select tracks from the new offspring album, new 12 stones, grouplove, the classic crime

My music tastes are all over the place...electronic, rock, pop, rap, r&b...just about anything but country

Usually I have my collection on shuffle but have been listening to select tracks from the new offspring album, new 12 stones, grouplove, the classic crime

My music tastes are all over the place...electronic, rock, pop, rap, r&b...just about anything but country

Listening to Hayseed Dixie made me figure out what I don't specifically like about country....the numbingly simplistic lyrics. A country song is like reading See Spot Run.

They were semi-famous back in the early 2000s for making an AC-DC tribute album. I just recently rediscovered them again on spotify.

Quite frankly, I don't really get into a lot of new music. Like Munford and Sons is playing in Lincoln...sold out right away. I don't really know who this is nor do I care. OLD GUY!

nowadays I go easy listening:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oKbozv43qo

but if you really like to "jam", I would highly recommend:

Six Finger Satellite - The Pigeon, Severe Exposure, Paranormalized, Law of Ruins

the Jesus Lizard - any album, but I prefer Head/Pure, Goat, Liar, or Down.

then again, from the looks of OP and responses, my jam recommendations will probably fall on deaf ears.

Mississippi John Hurt is good stuffs! Some of the best blues there is!

I remember Six Finger Satellite from the 90s. They were on Sub Pop, right?

Jesus Lizard really isn't my thing.

They put out Mississippi John Hurt's complete recordings again in 2006. Remixed and remastered too - if you have Spotify here is a linky.

Jesus Lizard really isn't my thing.

eh. it's been my thing for like 18 years.

don't get me wrong, he's a nice guy - I like him just fine....but he is a mouthbreather

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIERMxKaKCQ

here, try this classic track:
/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DWNsRolVdY

Jay Z is me. I listen to just about everything. Depending on my mood. I like rap not hip hop, texas country music... Not nashville. Love willie, love live recordings. Love sad bastard music.. The sappier the better. Conway twitty :)

I find that Ennio Morricone's "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" score goes well to some Tecmo (Tecmo volume turned off).

Edited by ToonSpielmanODFaves

Jay Z is me. I listen to just about everything. Depending on my mood. I like rap not hip hop, texas country music... Not nashville. Love willie, love live recordings. Love sad bastard music.. The sappier the better. Conway twitty :)

Jay-Z videos on Hurricane's Youtube channel fooled me again!

Ghostface Killah ties with A Tribe Called Quest for my favorite. So different, yet so good.

Ghetto Boyz lol - two mentions in this thread already!

Very old school metal.

singer kinda sounds like axl rose after he's hit a whipit.

I like good music in general. But if you twist my arm, then its The Underground Kingz....or betta known as U G K. Bun b is a metaphor monster, and Pimp C.......i'll use his words...."What ya'll know about dem Texas boyz."