THE TOP '10' offensive players in SUPER Tecmobowl

Gill the Thrill is the best LCB.  can't just sit here and talk about RCBs only.  

and Lott is more valuable than Waymer (and Deion, of course), because of where he's at (on top) and the HP.

and I'm taking Woodson over Dick Johnson any day.  HP.

Edited by buck

OK, I'll bite. Here's my take on the top 10 offensive players by position (in no particular order):

QB:

Cunningham (QB Eagles) - Would still be a top ten QB without his max speed. The fact that he's faster than more than half the RBs in the game makes him dominant (and the Eagles playable).

Moon - Just the right amount of passing speed IMO along with other attributes. Also better at scrambling than Marino and  Montana

RB:

Bo Jackson: Fastest offensive player in the game

Barry Sanders: One notch slower than Bo, but a better receiver.

Thurman Thomas: One notch slower than Barry, but also a good receiver.

Neal Anderson: Speed. Decent power, and a good receiver.

Okoye: The Nigerian Nightmare is awesome. Acceleration, power and decent speed. Can you say "Popcorn"?

WR:

Jerry Rice - best WR in the game

Henry Ellard - Where's the love for Henry?! Only other WR in the game with 81 receptions. Doesn't have the speed that Rice has, but he's the 2nd best IMO

Drew Hill - I notch slower and one notch less receptions than Rice. Not bad.

If we're talking about singular players (not tandems), the QBs and DBs rule.

Top 10 offense:

QB Eagles, Montana, Bo, Barry, Moon, QB Bills, QB Browns, Marino, Neal Anderson, Rice

Top 10 defense:

Haddix, Fulcher, Richard Johnson, LT, Woodson, Carrier, Deion, DT, Byrd, Waymer

You got a picture of Butts but he's not on your list???  Why not?  He's DEFINITLY better than Kosar.

I agree. Woodson deserves that honor.

No he doesn't........Johnson will blow through Woodson like nothin'.........When people use the Steelers vs me (wich is seldom) they over persue with Woodson thinking they got him in the backfield, then they get tossed and don't try that anymore..............Johnny is WAY more valuable to the Cardinals than Woodson is to the Steelers.  (Woodson can't even return kicks yet)

No he doesn't........Johnson will blow through Woodson like nothin'.........When people use the Steelers vs me (wich is seldom) they over persue with Woodson thinking they got him in the backfield, then they get tossed and don't try that anymore..............Johnny is WAY more valuable to the Cardinals than Woodson is to the Steelers.  (Woodson can't even return kicks yet)

Woodson is the best CB in the game, while Johnny Johnson is just an above average RB. While I appreciate your enthusiasm for your favorite team and player, I think almost everyone would agree that Woodson is a much better player in the game than J.J. (except for you of course). The best player on the Cards is Lonnie Young IMO.

We all need to give love to Henry Ellard like stated before the only other receiver to have an 81 in receptions besides rice ive had amazing seasons with henry he should be respected

Definitely.

He would have been #11 on my list.

I still think Drew Hill gets the edge over Ellard for #2 WR.  A WRs receptions is only as good as his QBs PC -  and since Moon is a couple notches higher than Everett, Hill is not only faster, but also has a better chance of catching the ball.

Definitely.

He would have been #11 on my list.

I still think Drew Hill gets the edge over Ellard for #2 WR.  A WRs receptions is only as good as his QBs PC -  and since Moon is a couple notches higher than Everett, Hill is not only faster, but also has a better chance of catching the ball.

Are we talking about the players individually, or also the QBs that throw them the ball? That's the question. Otherwise RIson should rank right next to Drew Hill because they have the same attributes (but drastically different QBs).

Are we talking about the players individually, or also the QBs that throw them the ball? That's the question. Otherwise RIson should rank right next to Drew Hill because they have the same attributes (but drastically different QBs).

I'm in no position to tell anyone how to think or come up with their own ratings.  Difference of opinion is the beauty of it.  Personally, when talking about a WR's receptions, I always factor in the QBs PC.

You got a picture of Butts but he's not on your list???  Why not?  He's DEFINITLY better than Kosar.

Butts is my RB in one of the online leagues, that's why I have his picture :)

He and all the 63 MS RB's are studs, but a QB with 75 PC and 25 MS is more valuable...

I'll agree that Sterling Sharpe has a huge impact on his crappy Packers team, but Rice, Ellard, Drew Hill, and Rison are all significantly better than Sharpe.

I'm always annoyed when the "Magic Man" would just throw up a prayer to a coverd Sharpe, and he'd come down with it. He has the ability to bail out that terrible team.

• 2 weeks later...

But seriously.... A more realistic top ten would probably be...

WR's: Jerry Rice SF, Shannon Sharpe GB

RB's: Bo Jackson Oak (should not be able to play until week 8 when baseball is over), Thurman Thomas Buff, Barry Sanders Det.

QB's: Joe Montana SF, Dan Marino Mia, Warren Moon Hou, Jim Kelly Buff.

All-Around: If you want the best PR/KR/Pos player in the game perhaps Dave Meggett NYG or Mel Gray DET or Herschell Walker MInn

Best White Guy who was suppossed to be black but the Japs didn't do enough research to get this right; Johnny Johnson Phx.

I would have to strongly disagree with some facts. Prof. Goal-line lesson of the day, as far as KR the best in TSB is Ironhead! the programmers reverted the KR Maxspeed to the teams RT for all teams. And guess which teams RT has the most MS? saints and with heywards HP well forget about it.(try it) PR same thing except it reverts to the teams SS MS, and fulcher has the highest MS for a SS which makes ickey a beast at PR(try it). Class dismissed

Edited by ~Goal-line land-mine~

Sterling Sharp anyone???  He seems to be very good at going up and gettin' it in my personal experience.

I have to agree.

To me, Ellard, Sharpe and Carrier (TB) all seem to have an incredible ability to bail their teams out of trouble with what you folks refer to as "JJ's".

Side Note: Might be speaking sacrilege here but JJ's has got to be the stupidest term that is often used in this Tecmo vernacular. Just F^%$ing stupid.

I have to agree.

To me, Ellard, Sharpe and Carrier (TB) all seem to have an incredible ability to bail their teams out of trouble with what you folks refer to as "JJ's".

Side Note: Might be speaking sacrilege here but JJ's has got to be the stupidest term that is often used in this Tecmo vernacular. Just F^%$ing stupid.

^^^Agreed............Every one knows the initials J.J. should only stand for one thing...........I'm goin' to the board of directors and gonna demand they outlaw that term unless it's ONLY used in the right context.  As in, "Did you just see J.J. rush for 327 yrds & 6 TD's in the Seattle Tourney final???...I think J.J. just broke a record!" 

^^^Agreed............Every one knows the initials J.J. should only stand for one thing...........I'm goin' to the board of directors and gonna demand they outlaw that term unless it's ONLY used in the right context.  As in, "Did you just see J.J. rush for 327 yrds & 6 TD's in the Seattle Tourney final???...I think J.J. just broke a record!" 

I was thinking more like: I don't think JJ is going to be drafted again this season.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...