Tecmo Bowl Kickoff *Updated*

ombada

Is this the code where you hold the right and left trigger buttons at the same time? Or something like that.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

no i already had that one. That gives you max attribute points. The one i made gives you max special skill points. IE: now i can give P. Manning 'Hot potato' and stat increase in the final 2 minutes. I call them characteristics, but they could also be called perks or traits. I can give all the stars of the games these perks so they can do special stuff like they would in real life. Michael Vick, for instance, will have the rocket pass and some sort of sack dodging or rushing trait.

EDIT - The trigger for the code is UP+L, i can upload the cheat pack later.

Edited by ombada

unfortunately, no. But you can download a DS emulator here: http://www.ndsemulator.com/

I wanted to let you guys know that i have started changing ratings on AFC QB's (the ones who belong to rosters ive finished) There are 8 QB stats in this game... I list them and how i used the Madden stats to make it work.

Run Speed - Direct copy from Madden stats

Rush Power - Trucking+Toughness+Strength divided by 3

Max Speed - Direct copy of Acceleration from Madden stats

Hit Power - Direct copy from Madden stats

Pass Speed - Direct copy from Madden stats

Pass Control - Throw Accuracy Short+Throw Accuracy Medium+Throw Accuracy Long divided by 3

Pass Accuracy - Direct copy from Madden stats.

Avoid Rush - Elusiveness+Awareness+Agility divided by 3

Ive completed the Pats, Steelers, Texans and Broncos QB's and ive got to say Brady feels like brady, same with the rest. They are a little too good at running out of the backfield, but im going to wait until i have the ratings for defensive players to see how much it will alter that.

nice work! And glad to see someone other than myself uses madden ratings,as a base also.

nice work! And glad to see someone other than myself uses madden ratings,as a base also.

Thanks for the compliment! Its really awesome to get compliments from such revered people of the community.

On the Madden ratings, i thought it would be the most logical way to update the players. I couldnt create my own ratings unless i was doing only starters. Even then, there are some guys out there that i just am not familiar with. This way i could create something solid and mathematical. Hopefully it works as well as i imagine it too in my head :)

I forgot to add the update... where is my mind?

NFC NORTH preseason roster COMPLETE!

next up NFC South. I would really like to get these last two rosters out of the way fast, so i can start working on QB ratings again. The RB's still need to be formulated and the WR's will be out in 2 days. Time is against me.

Edited by ombada

I finished the Ravens and Bengals today.

Note: Ed Dickerson is now Ed Dikerson. The language filter on the game wont let me put his name in properly.

His name is Ed "DICKSON".....(TE).......He played for the DUCKS, so I know.......You must be thinking of ERIC DICKERSON...He's a LEGEND who doesn't play anymore.

His name is Ed "DICKSON".....(TE).......He played for the DUCKS, so I know.......You must be thinking of ERIC DICKERSON...He's a LEGEND who doesn't play anymore.

yeah, i put in Ed Dickson on the game and wrote Dickerson on here. Sometimes im doing these rosters into the early morning and my mind is jumbled. there is a big time difference between Thailand (where i am) and the US.

I know who eric dickerson is, he played for my colts. Anyone who plays and loves TB knows who eric Dickerson is. No need for the caps lock on your post. it makes you sound patronizing.

Edited by ombada

Alright, Finished the NFC West preseason rosters today!

All thats left is the NFC South.. I should have it finished tomorrow and i can get to work on ratings. the Madden ratings for WR drop tomorrow, so i really need to finish the QB's. Im thinking about only doing the first string RB's and WR's because the depth chart can change, then later on (preseason week 3 or 4) i can rate the back-ups.

Its really coming along. I keep tweaking the Unis to make sure i get them where i want them. I changed the rams to their Throwbacks because A - I like them and B - the regular unis didnt match up for home and away and i hate having all white unis on this game, (Rams have white pants, blue jerseys, blue helmet, but the jerseys are white for away games) I thought about changing the Jags for the same reason, but i like the home look too much. Unfortunately nothing i can do for the Jets on this front, their away jerseys are actually all white.

Edited by ombada

Ok guys, quick update... Finished ALL preseason rosters. Will update them weekly until the last season on the preseason. Im hoping to have this out by then, maybe first week of the season.

Up next... Finish QB ratings... finally. Then i can move on to RB's and WR's. The RB's should be fairly easy as the base stats formuas are already calculated and they only have 2 extra stats.

Wish me luck!

Don't sweat it. The dude REALLY LOVES ERIC DICKERSON to the point that any talk of him requires the emphasis.

Because he's the best! But if I was talkin' about some shmo country hick player from Nebraska, I'd probably use lower case for the whole name............except for MIKE ROZIER!!! Ha hA Ha!!! He was the best thing to ever happen to that school.

That is pretty good. Except for WR, chad Johnson is #1, Brian hartline will be opposite him and Devone Bess will play slot. Naanee will prob be the 4th guy.

For cb, it's Vontae Davis and Sean Smith. The rookie Richard Marshall is a project.

Hey all. You have probably figured this out by now, but I wanted to correct the above statement. I am a huge Dolphins fan, and keep up almost daily on the team. Richard Marshall is not a rookie; he is a multi-year player that the Phins acquired from AZ in the offseason. Marshall had a decent season last year, and is regarded as an up and coming nickel CB. Currently, Vontae has fallen off a bit, so Marshall is currently the starting CB along w/ Sean Smith. Word from the coaches is that Marshall and Davis may split time, or alternate between nickel CB and boundary CB. Anyway, that is probably too much detail, but just wanted to note about Marshall's status.

cc

Edited by CheapCatch

Hey all. You have probably figured this out by now, but I wanted to correct the above statement. I am a huge Dolphins fan, and keep up almost daily on the team. Richard Marshall is not a rookie; he is a multi-year player that the Phins acquired from AZ in the offseason. Marshall had a decent season last year, and is regarded as an up and coming nickel CB. Currently, Vontae has fallen off a bit, so Marshall is currently the starting CB along w/ Sean Smith. Word from the coaches is that Marshall and Davis may split time, or alternate between nickel CB and boundary CB. Anyway, that is probably too much detail, but just wanted to note about Marshall's status.

cc

Thanks for the info. Ill check on it to make sure i get it right. When i go in to do my defensive ratings ill make sure i have the depths charts as close as they will be for week 1.

Sorry for being lazy the past couple of days. GF's only day off on sunday so obligations to that are first priority.

anyway... Finished ALL QB ratings!!

its actually moving along a little faster than i thought. With other player positions there will be less stats to calculate, but more players per most positions, so it should go even faster for OG, C, OT, DT, K... etc

Next up are RB's and all receivers. This looks to be on track to releasing on time, right around the first week of the season. I need to do a check on roster updates for this week. Once the season starts, the rosters are set. I shouldnt have to update big trades or make small updates because its so easy to do that yourselves in this game.

Update #2 for today.

I formulated the RB stats... its was difficult getting a proper balance so that FB's and power runners would be effective in a different way. Speed kills in this game, but having Vontae Leach in front of Ray Rice should make a difference in blocking and ultimately how many yards he picks up.

so here it is...

Run Speed - Direct Copy

Rush Power - Strength + Toughness+ Trucking /3

Max Speed - Direct Copy

Hit Power - Strength + Blocking Impact + Hit Power /3 (For QB's this stat is a direct copy, but this was a major stat in FB and power runners game, so it had to be changed a bit to make the strong runners stronger)

Ball Control - Awareness + Carrying + Ball Carrier Vision /3 (awareness and carrying are obvious, but i added ball carrier vision to nerf the stat, or enhance it depending on the player and their real life ability to see the field and players trying to tackle them)

Receptions - Direct Copy

The offense is really coming together, As of right now faster backs can be hell to try and tackle. But that should all change once the defensive stats come in. Im hoping this also helps against fast QB's. Vick and Cam Newton are monsters on the ground, but their hit power is low, so they get tackled pretty easily once they are caught. With faster DB's and stronger Linemen it should be more of a chore to pick up yards on the ground from the QB position.

*Side Note* Ive finished the AFC North RB's but am not doing 4th stringers until rosters are closer to final.

Edited by ombada

ok so a little extra info, today i started messing around with the actual ROM to see if i could learn to hack it and alter a few things that really bug me.... i think i stumbled across how to get rid of the language filter!!!!! if this works i will be really happy. BTW, the 'profanity' they have nixed in this game is listed... it is extensive... it is hilarious!

a few examples of interesting 'profanity'

Footjob

Gobontheknob

cornhole

circlejerk

cameljockey HAHA!!!

hairpie

Hentai (really? the word hentai is profanity?)

jap

jiggaboo

Manloaf ...what?

spankthemonkey

teabagging

whipitout

and my personal favorite... Jewboy. :D being jewish makes me love this even more

Ill report back to let you guys know if this works.

*EDIT* It Worked!

Edited by ombada

Mini update: Finished all AFC RB's (except for the few whos roster spots might not be there) defensive stats come out in 2 days, then i will be able to put full offenses up against the D to see how it balances out.

ill be trying some of the best defenses vs worst offenses and vice versa. ill be running a lot of balance tests in COA mode.

Edited by ombada

*Update*

The defensive ratings came out... i was curious to see how the whole thing would play once teams were together, so i went ahead and completed the Colts and Texans ratings.

Theres some good news and some bad.

The good news is that it plays fast and it plays fun. RB's cant break off huge runs, QB's will have a hard time running as LB's are tough SOB's and CB's are fast. You can still pick up good chunks of yardage on offense.(I played in preseason mode, so there was no juicing)

The bad news is that offensive lines were dominated by their defensive counterparts. CB's and LB's blitzing went over well, but when it came down to it, i could select a DE and blitz easily through their line every play. Also EVERY punt was either stopped or blocked.

So my immediate attempt at a solution will be to pump up every OL 5 points in every category. If this doesnt work i will have to pull down ALL defensive players stats. Nothing major, maybe 3 points in every category. That would give the OL an 8 point handicap. If nothing else ill decrease just the Hitting Power and Rushing Power on the defensive players in order to keep their speed in tact. Hopefully i wont have to take it too far.

so i think i had it all wrong... There is enough time to punt if you are a player... the computer likes to wait til the second time the line fills... dont know why... also i think two players playing against each other or a season this would be much more competitive. In preseason mode vs. computer i am constantly thrashing the opposing team. I think all i really have to do is take down the DL and LB speed ratings a bit, that should give opponents enough time to throw or punt or whatever. Further testing will ensue.

• 3 weeks later...