Next PNW Tourney?

manYo

I was chatting with Randy about some other tournament ideas, and he had some interesting ones that got me to thinking about something like this:

Instead of a live console tournament, we use an NES emulator (Nestopia) on computers to play. We could do original ROM, current season, past seasons, whatever we want. Basically what we could do, given the the advantage of using an emulator, is draft our teams ahead of time, create a ROM (the virtual game cartridge) with our modified/drafted teams, and then we get together and basically play an entire season in one day, complete with playoffs and all. It would last about as long as the PNWTC, but we'll be able to keep all the stats from our games and easily upload them to a website.

I was thinking we could do this toward the end of summer, or perhaps in the fall, whenever is good for everybody. Gorilla Games in Seattle offered to host a tournament for us, or Another Castle might be interested as well.

Sounds like a great idea.

It was great to meet you guys and play some tecmo!

I'm going to remember my big wins over Craig, Kyle, and Stu while trying really hard to forget the heartbreaker loss to Derek and my weak display with Jose Manya.

- Jeff