Drummer's NFL TECMO SUPER BOWL 2K13

drummer4god

Final Carolina season recap :cool:

Ok so next playoff game was Carolina at Detroit and early on Stafford ran the ball and is injured,lol. That was enough of an edge to win, I choose all run defenses forced a couple of punts and stayed ahead, final Carolina 35 Detroit 21. Will have a screenie included.

Next game NFC champ. Carolina at the Giants, tough match-up on paper and it played tough as well.recap Carolina drives C Giants drives G

C1---Cam rush td--------------------------------------G1---Nicks rec td

C2---int(Rolle)-------------------------------------------G2---Punt

C3---INT(Rolle)-----------------------------------------G3-punt

C4---Halftime--------------------------------------------G4---INT time expires

7-7 at half

C5---int(aku?)-------------------------------------------G5---Cruz td rec

C6---Cam td rush---------------------------------------G6---Bennent td rec

C7---INT (Rolle 3rd)-----------------------------------G7---punt

C8---Punt return time expires

Final Carolina 14-----Giants 21 :cry:

Well, They covered everything, usually in tecmo you will catch a few wide open guys down field, the few times I had something close to open it was picked. The last Rolle int I thought Steve Smith was well ahead(he was) both players do that giant leap thing and guess who gets the ball. I maybe should have run more but giants de was really fast. Cam had a great rushing game, without that , I would have lost bad. That kinda game tempts you to do a replay, but I wont to give credit to the Giants, they earned it. Good season though.

Giants end up playing Texans in 2013 Superbowl, screens included. Great job on the rom, yeah rbs are really fast and qbs, will give this another go at some point.

post-8583-0-76112600-1354260911_thumb.pn

post-8583-0-72952800-1354260922_thumb.pn

post-8583-0-90393400-1354260936_thumb.pn

post-8583-0-56546200-1354260957_thumb.pn

post-8583-0-18948600-1354260971_thumb.pn

post-8583-0-76510300-1354260986_thumb.pn

Drummer,

I was trying to use your rosters with the fantasy draft mod and it seems that the NFC west always gets screwed up. Is it possible to use your rosters or is this common.

Thanks

Jim

if using the 32 team rom open up a hex editor and, Offset / Jump to... / x3C010 / Ok

on the menu, Selection / Select Block... / x4000F (Select up to and including offset:) / Ok

on the menu, Selection / Copy / Ok

click on the hex area so it unhighlights

on the menu, Offset / Jump to... / x7C010 / Ok

It will fix the problem you have.

on the menu, Selection / Paste / Overwrite and Paste Data how many times: 1 / Ok

on the menu, File / Save or Save As...

done

I figured it all out.

Assuming dolphins lose today to 49ers, this is how Browns can make playoffs.

Of course, Browns must win out.

Jets must lose just 1 game over final 3 weeks. They play Titans, Chargers and Bills to end season.

Bengals and Steelers both must lose twice. Obviously Browns play Steelers, so Steelers would need one additional loss. Best scenario would be for Cowboys to beat Steelers and then Steelers defeat Bengals.

In that scenario, Bengals would need a loss to either the Eagles or Ravens. Bengals play Eagles on a short week this Thursday.

If these scenarios play out, Browns could potentially be playing Steelers for final playoff spot in the final week!!

Yes it's a long shot..but it's very exciting to even be possible!!!!

drummer,

I dont post often, but I wanted to take the time to thank you for creating and updating this rom...It's great work!

Thanks tl! It means alot that you take the time to thank ppl for their,and others hard work. There is a new update coming out of my rom that has 2 that's right 2 new things never before put into a rom................. Got ya thinking now!

I am asking anyone,and everyone to please help! I am supposed to start physical rehab soon so i can get back to walking. But i don't even have the money i need to pay for my ride to take me. I have been bedbound since the 15th of september! It took every dime me and my wife recieved to pay rent,utilities,groceries,and my wife's meds. We just don't have it. I DON'T ASK FOR HELP UNLESS I NEED IT! If it's only a buck you can spare plz donate it,every penny,dime,and dollar adds up. I don't want to continue to not be able to walk,and just have to exist. I have done all i can,we have nothing left to pawn. So i ask you to help if you can. Thank you to any and everyone that helps. I need some help badly......rick A.K.A. drummer4god

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about all your problems Drummer. I hope things get better.

I'm new to the site and software and have been playing the "featured" rom on this site -- Preseason -- for about a week now. I love it, though I'm curious to how your rom is functionally (not graphically) different from that one. I've played yours once, and the one difference I did notice was the computer kickoffs can still be really short, whereas in the Preseason version, a computer kickoff will at least get to the 10 yard line, unless it's an onside kick of course. I like the more realistic version of the kickoff implemented in the Preseason edition.

I also noticed that some defenses are 4-3 instead of 3-4. Other than those two things, can you briefly describe how yours is different?

Thanks for the all the work you've done, especially considering your circumstances.

Sorry to hear about all your problems Drummer. I hope things get better.

I'm new to the site and software and have been playing the "featured" rom on this site -- Preseason -- for about a week now. I love it, though I'm curious to how your rom is functionally (not graphically) different from that one. I've played yours once, and the one difference I did notice was the computer kickoffs can still be really short, whereas in the Preseason version, a computer kickoff will at least get to the 10 yard line, unless it's an onside kick of course. I like the more realistic version of the kickoff implemented in the Preseason edition.

I also noticed that some defenses are 4-3 instead of 3-4. Other than those two things, can you briefly describe how yours is different?

Thanks for the all the work you've done, especially considering your circumstances.

I use my own ratings system,i've been tweaking it for a few years now. i take madden ratings and convert them to tecmo numbers. all my ratings numbers are taken from the original tsb. mine plays a lil faster i believe. i gave wr' db's and safety's their real speed,some wr's are fast but can't catch a cold lol. And i'll see if there i a fix for short kickoffs. Thanks for posting what did you think of my rom?

I use my own ratings system,i've been tweaking it for a few years now. i take madden ratings and convert them to tecmo numbers. all my ratings numbers are taken from the original tsb. mine plays a lil faster i believe. i gave wr' db's and safety's their real speed,some wr's are fast but can't catch a cold lol. And i'll see if there i a fix for short kickoffs. Thanks for posting what did you think of my rom?

I really like it. I've played 4 or 5 of the roms on here and yours and "Preseason" are the best of the lot.

I've also been reading the "Hacks" board to see what other currently available options you might implement to make it the best rom available for 2014. Most of the hacks I've read are uninteresting to me, but I do have four recommendations:

(1) the "quickness as a coverage" hack, though I think you might have already implemented that one

(2) 2 point conversions, though I don't think anyone has completed that one yet (something about a bug if you score a TD at the end of a half). If it can't be done, then it can't be done.

(3) very small issue . . . changing the red text back to white in the menu screens. Makes it easier on the eyes and feel more like an "official" game, for some reason to me.

(4) big issue (to me). . . editing the rosters to make Running Power a relevant stat on offense. Basically, it amounts to acceleration, right? Well, how about fast RBs (in particular) who aren't very good RBs otherwise, have great MS ratings to reflect their real-life attributes, but poor Running Power to reflect their real every-down ability. For instance, I downloaded TSBSupremeTool and experimented with Reggie Bush by giving him a 75 MS, but only a 6 Running Power and I really like how that came out. His first five yards were very mediocre (at best), but he was awesome if he broke into the open, much like in real life. I think I might have busted him down a notch or two in Running Speed too. Does that sound feasible?

Anyway, those are just my two cents. Thanks for responding.

I really like it. I've played 4 or 5 of the roms on here and yours and "Preseason" are the best of the lot.

I've also been reading the "Hacks" board to see what other currently available options you might implement to make it the best rom available for 2014. Most of the hacks I've read are uninteresting to me, but I do have four recommendations:

(1) the "quickness as a coverage" hack, though I think you might have already implemented that one

(2) 2 point conversions, though I don't think anyone has completed that one yet (something about a bug if you score a TD at the end of a half). If it can't be done, then it can't be done.

(3) very small issue . . . changing the red text back to white in the menu screens. Makes it easier on the eyes and feel more like an "official" game, for some reason to me.

(4) big issue (to me). . . editing the rosters to make Running Power a relevant stat on offense. Basically, it amounts to acceleration, right? Well, how about fast RBs (in particular) who aren't very good RBs otherwise, have great MS ratings to reflect their real-life attributes, but poor Running Power to reflect their real every-down ability. For instance, I downloaded TSBSupremeTool and experimented with Reggie Bush by giving him a 75 MS, but only a 6 Running Power and I really like how that came out. His first five yards were very mediocre (at best), but he was awesome if he broke into the open, much like in real life. I think I might have busted him down a notch or two in Running Speed too. Does that sound feasible?

Anyway, those are just my two cents. Thanks for responding.

1. It's already in there.

2. 2 pt conversion..me and every other person to ever play tsb wants it. But it's buggy as you pointed out. (maybe someday between CXROM and JSTOUT) ;-)

3.I make my background the colors of previous season superbowl champ. White idk may be easier,it might look cool for christmas. My rom is never "official" im rogue lol

4. The 69 Rp is a lock on OG TSB if im not mistaken, only other number and highest in OG TSB is 75 RP. I stay within OG rom numbers. So it's something u can toy with i'm not touching it. lol

1. It's already in there.

2. 2 pt conversion..me and every other person to ever play tsb wants it. But it's buggy as you pointed out. (maybe someday between CXROM and JSTOUT) ;-)

3.I make my background the colors of previous season superbowl champ. White idk may be easier,it might look cool for christmas. My rom is never "official" im rogue lol

4. The 69 Rp is a lock on OG TSB if im not mistaken, only other number and highest in OG TSB is 75 RP. I stay within OG rom numbers. So it's something u can toy with i'm not touching it. lol

For #3, don't forget that the Giants have white in their official colors too. In fact, in their early days, I think they were ONLY white and blue. Maybe just do the triangular cursor in red?

For #4, please forgive my ignorance with all these acronyms (I'm getting better at deciphering them every day), but what does "OG" mean? Maybe "original game"? Actually, now that I think about it, that has to be it.

One last thing: it's annoying to have a defender waiting on a pass, only to have an offensive player dive on the ground and catch it. It seems like the receiver's chance of catching the ball is actually better if he dives into a waiting DB, then if he is already standing there waiting on it with the DB. I'd like to see to that kind of catch get eliminated -- very unrealistic in how often that kind of play is completed.

Also, on a related note, when there are two or even three defenders defending a pass, I believe that the computer probably just calculates what happens by using the BEST defender there, and not by adding all the Interceptions ratings of the two or three of the defenders present. So, I'm just saying that it's also really unrealistic to see completed passes when multiple defenders are draped all over the receiver.

Anyone have hacks for this?

Edited by Tecmonster

One last thing: it's annoying to have a defender waiting on a pass, only to have an offensive player dive on the ground and catch it. It seems like the receiver's chance of catching the ball is actually better if he dives into a waiting DB, then if he is already standing there waiting on it with the DB. I'd like to see to that kind of catch get eliminated -- very unrealistic in how often that kind of play is completed.

Also, on a related note, when there are two or even three defenders defending a pass, I believe that the computer probably just calculates what happens by using the BEST defender there, and not by adding all the Interceptions ratings of the two or three of the defenders present. So, I'm just saying that it's also really unrealistic to see completed passes when multiple defenders are draped all over the receiver.

Those two things are also present on the original TSB. The unrealistic diving catch has always been part of the game.

And if I recall, the computer accounts for only the 1st two defenders when calculating the completion of a pass.

What makes TSB great is the fact that it's often not realistic to actual football whatsoever.

Those two things are also present on the original TSB. The unrealistic diving catch has always been part of the game.

And if I recall, the computer accounts for only the 1st two defenders when calculating the completion of a pass.

What makes TSB great is the fact that it's often not realistic to actual football whatsoever.

I do realize it was part of the original -- that wasn't a complaint about Drummer's rom. I had just forgotten about that issue that was always a sore spot with our group of players. I personally don't think that just because it was in the original, that means it shouldn't be changed. After all, that's what hacking is all about, right?

Since I know zilch about hacking though, it's just a thought and it will probably remain that way into perpetuity. Can't wait to see Drummer's new version. Thanks.

OK guys after sweatin bullets,the rom is done! Special thx to JSTOUT for helping get this update out! The kickoff hack trashed the rom i had for the update,and jstout had only other copy of the rom. I trolled aim for him yesterday to no avail but he came on today!So thx to j for helping me get this out to you,without his help no update!! I added a lil BIG thing to this release. For the 1STTIME EVER in a tecmo super bowl rom,i introduce to you....You Wanted The Best,You Got The Best,The hottest band in the world NFLTECMOSUPERBOWLXLVII2013RU7_001_zpsfb970d2e.png Thanks and merry christmas to everyone! I want to take this time to thank some people. A big thank you to all those that have gave donations,and helped when all seemed lost. Thanks to JSTOUT for always helping when i ask for it,and for always making these ideas come to fruitition. Thanks to knobbe for this site,that has grown to be very big,in OUR eyes anyways,not only the merging of puretecmo,and tecmobowl.org. But the new members that have came in QbVikings, YoungCarmello, ElRey,and Cather to name a few. And infused new life into the community,with rom releases,and posts about how to hack tsb. Also thanks to Kamphuna for keeping the USFL league goin... 155479_163460280361169_5052692_n_zps7d286b43.jpgit's the best ever! And thanks to all of us for keeping the memory of tecmo super bowl alive! Ok i also added to the new update RU7 all defensive players real quickness(madden ratings converted into tecmo numbers). And i changed the background menu numbers to whiteNFLTECMOSUPERBOWLXLVII2013RU7_001_zps93eca88e.png, thanks to Tecmonster for suggesting it,and to Jstout for implementing it,and the kickoff depth hack. I also tweaked player ratings,team sim ratings,fixed some OL,added a few players.This update is huge,it covers weeks 10 thru 16. Enjoy,be safe get a DD,love family,and most of all play tecmo! Merry christmas to all,and too all a good night. Update 1st post of this thread as usual!.

Merry Christmas drummer! Thanks for this. I began playing a season on this latest version and in game 1 in the 3rd quarter I accidentlly onsides it and the ball went out of the endzone and the game just kind of froze on that screen in the end zone saying onsides kick at the top. Am I misssing something?