Drummer's NFL TECMO SUPER BOWL 2K13

drummer4god

Finally guys after much hard work, pain, and hospital wi-fi here is my 2013 nfl tecmo super bowl!

This rom is intented for man vs cpu/man vs man/and coach mode also!
Also thx to the following people in no particular order...
Bad Al-supreme editor!
Cxrom-32 team rom!
JStoudt - various error fixes in the rom, gameplay hacks,helmet graphics, goodyear logo, NFLPA Logo, Superbowl Trophy on leaders screen,stats logo (j you are the man!)
Elway-Graphics (nfl network logo,start screen,and nfl shield logo!)
knobbe-for this wonderful site so the tecmo players,and tecmo people have somewhere to keep this game alive!
xplosive-stats screen after each qtr!
bruddog for quickness for intercept hack/jstout for applying it!
To my many fans known and unknown, thanks for playing the rom!
And anyone else i forgot.
Plz post any wrong players names,jersey numbers,etc...

*Changes* 9-17-12 To 1-28-13
GRAPHIC AND TEXT
Cinema screen changed to Kapernick, Peterson, and Ray Lewis
Menu screen is blue, letters white, and season schedule screen is grey to commemorate the world champion Giants!
official 2012 nfl schedule!Rookies are on the team if they are a projected starter. If Player is a rookie you will see word ROOKIE across Shadow Face!
2013 year implemented into menu screens.
Ball has laces!
Multiple changes to in game text (BOUNTY!-injury screen) (interception!) (p.a.t.) (i am back!....injury return screen) (Let's Go!..start screen) (POST QTR STATS instead of tecmo sports news) between quarters (BEASTMODE) instead of excellent for player condition
NFLPA Logo
Background menu letters changed from red to white
KISS now plays superbowl halftime show!
ROLLING TEXT at end of cinema screens now reads DRUMMER'S NFL 2K13 (THX J!)
New ESPN logo i drew it myself!
New STATS INC logo (thx J!)
Screen between quarters where txt was "Tecmo Sports news" now reads NFL GAME STATS (THX J!)
Goodyear logo on blimp at halftime!!!!
KR/PR position moved back to fix safety's in endzone on returns.
Team Sim ratings have been tweaked, player sim ratings tweaked,team playbooks/formations tweaked, team uni colors tweaked. Quite alot of changes from last rom,plz post any problems, corrections needed.
Lots of graphic tweaks/changes

HACKS
Dedicated punt,and kickoff returner (players use their max speed for the return)
Adjustable Quarter Length
More accurate fg's
Ability to change playbook in game anytime
Ability to change quarter length
Punt coverage boost cut ( to allow better returns)
Dedicated fumble and interception returner (players use their max speed for the return)
Stats screen after each quarter!
Juiced!!!!!!
4-3/3-4 defense hack
PC/PA hack
HP hack (tweaked)
Ultra Logic hack(cpu plays better defense!)
Quickness for interceptions (self explainatory)
Kick-off depth hack for more deeper kickoff's
Also tweaked ints by man controlled players! You should get more now with a good defender!(thx to jstout for fixing!)

Hope i didn't forget anyone,or anything.

Update SB covers To the superbowl. New opening Cinema, Tweaked player,and team sim code. Fixed Buffalo Bills Helmet to white,fixed ravens to SB oline.Enjoy!

NFL TECMO SUPER BOWL XLVII 2013SB.zip

Edited by drummer4god

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Drummer, I'm a huge fan of your roms. You put a lot of time into them and it shows. B) My friend and I get together every week to battle it out in the newest edition of TSB on my old NES.

A few question/suggestions for the 2K13 update - I might be alone on this, but the standard TSB playbook has a number of borderline worthless plays in it. I think in your 2010 version you included some wildcat type plays right? I was wondering if you planned to do something similar again with the 2K13 version. Or is it possible to even add new plays into the master game playbook (without removing existing ones), so players have an even greater choice of which 8 plays to choose from? Some of those roll-out and flea-flicker pass plays just don't really cut it.

Anyways, keep up the good work!

Hey Drummer, I'm a huge fan of your roms. You put a lot of time into them and it shows. B) My friend and I get together every week to battle it out in the newest edition of TSB on my old NES.

A few question/suggestions for the 2K13 update - I might be alone on this, but the standard TSB playbook has a number of borderline worthless plays in it. I think in your 2010 version you included some wildcat type plays right? I was wondering if you planned to do something similar again with the 2K13 version. Or is it possible to even add new plays into the master game playbook (without removing existing ones), so players have an even greater choice of which 8 plays to choose from? Some of those roll-out and flea-flicker pass plays just don't really cut it.

Anyways, keep up the good work!

Oh yea my rom for this year,its goin to have new plays. That hopefully will make the rom even better. And glad your like my work. I puts months of work into them. And that's no lie.

I shall be camping this with extreme interest. Doubly so if buck declines to return in time for the '13 season. What hacks are you using for 2013, and what will the differences be from '12?

Well for starters new plays! All new graphics of course,and more than a few surprises graphic,and text wise such as.... NFLTECMOSUPERBOWLXLVII20130004.png and that's all i'm going to give for now. I know you like the bounty screen! B) And as far as hacks,the one's that have been in my roms the last 3 season's. And i'm looking at 2 more hacks to possibly add..but i'm not telling. that bounty pic will have to hold ya till my post draft rom releases. I know 100% my rom i am doing for this season will be better than any of my previous roms...scary huh?

• 3 weeks later...

Outside of some of the player rates, and the red font color on the menu screens (difficult to see), I am loving the rom so far! I love having the OG playbooks/colors being a part of this version, and the field looks great too. Keep up the great work DRUMMER!

Outside of some of the player rates, and the red font color on the menu screens (difficult to see), I am loving the rom so far! I love having the OG playbooks/colors being a part of this version, and the field looks great too. Keep up the great work DRUMMER!

Thx i wished more people would comment on field as to whether they like change,or not. This was a rough 1st round rookies rom. none of the ratings are final and none of teams depth charts are done.Just something to tide people over till later this season. alot of work to do,just to get depth charts somewhat correct. nothing in this rom is done ....yet....back to work....drummer

Last season I played HIGHSPEED almost exclusively, so readjusting to a more Tecmo-normal play style is still a little jarring. The field looks great to me!

Is the punt coverage hack active for this ROM? I had a couple unusually excellent (30+ yds) returns that I think must have been due to the coverage hack.

Any chance you'd implement the "No auto-coverage-dive" hack? That's a residual tecmo frustration. Cant wait to see more of those new plays!

Last season I played HIGHSPEED almost exclusively, so readjusting to a more Tecmo-normal play style is still a little jarring. The field looks great to me!

Is the punt coverage hack active for this ROM? I had a couple unusually excellent (30+ yds) returns that I think must have been due to the coverage hack.

Any chance you'd implement the "No auto-coverage-dive" hack? That's a residual tecmo frustration. Cant wait to see more of those new plays!

Yes punt coverage hack is in the rom. The no-auto hack.....idk i would have to put it in and see how gameplay is affected.But i will try it,and i'll let you know if i implement it in the final release. By the way i got ALL team depth charts completed. as well as all 1st round correct ratings done, i got ahold of them early B). the cpu plays tough,and fast that's for sure

You know, I kind of like the auto-dive aspect to the game. I mean I hate when it happens to me but when you're playing against a friend and they do it, it's a great feeling. What makes Tecmo so fun is all the little nuances that can totally change the game.

Although I have noticed that sometimes when you're passing from the end zone and your pass is blocked it counts as a safety. That's a little too flukey.

It only happens when you're standing at the very back of the endzone and throw a blocked pass that goes out of bounds in the very back of the endzone as well. It only happens once in a blue moon though. So I wouldn't really worry about it.

• 2 weeks later...
Weird bug on end of half stats screen:

eegQY.jpg

It looks like it might have something to do with your new clock border.

Ok thats weird,i've not had this happen in any of games i've played on it. Has anyone else had this happen? I'll see if i can recreate it,using same teams. Thx for post tho i am checkin it out .

It looks like Drummer did a good job with the Tebow simulation. A 28% completion rate for 117 yards with 2 picks is just about the prototypical Tebow game.

I was curious to see how next season's Patriots vs. Jets would play out with Tebow instead of Sanchez as the starting QB.

And, I used Drummer's latest rom. Thanks Drummer! B)

Vzmm_3i62Uo

• 1 month later...

Rom is coming along nicely. All graphics are done. rosters current of now,just so i don't have to do a 100% roster update just ratings,and sim. Be patient you will like what i've brewed up this year. just waiting on madden 13 ratings. i have tweaked ratings formula's more so hopefully there will be more disparity between players average good very good,and elite.