Pre-Madison Warmup, Friday 3/2 - CHICAGO!

bob sacamano

Pre-Madison Tourney Tecmo all evening Friday! We basically have our own big room, with 9 - '46 LG TVs, where we are more than welcome to hook up our consoles to for some Tecmo action Friday evening.

Place: HI-TOPS, 2462 NORTH LINCOLN AVE, CHICAGO, IL 60614. (773) 549-3232

When: Friday, March 2, 4:00PM CST - around 9:00PM CST, or later as long as the bar allows.

They don't open until 5:00, but O'Toole, Ciafani, and myself will be there by 4:00PM CST to start hooking up NES'. Please bring whatever you can, so we can get as many consoles going as possible, including NES' ac adapter, rf/av cords, TSB carts, etc.

Friday night drink specials include:

$10 Domestic Drafts, Wings (6:30-9:30)

$5 Car bombs

Drop me a line, or post here if you plan on attending: eodell42 at gmail dot com

Can't wait guys!

So I think I've locked up a place to hold a little Pre-Madison Tourney Tecmo all evening Friday! We would basically have our own big room, with 9 - '46 LG TVs, where we are more than welcome to hook up our consoles to for some Tecmo action Friday evening.

Place: HI-TOPS, 2462 NORTH LINCOLN AVE, CHICAGO, IL 60614. (773) 549-3232

They don't open until 5:00, but I have been told by the manager, that we can get in there at 4:00 if we want.

Friday night drink specials include:

$10 domestic drafts - pizza, 6:30-9:30

$4 Sky

$5 Car bombs

Drop me a line, or post here if you plan on attending: eodell42 at gmail dot com

If you bring your laptop I'll send you a link for the Madison pre-tourney broadcast warmup. (I'll be the handsome one)

So, just confirmed our arrival time. We will definitely be at the bar, setting up shop at 4:00pm cst. We should have enough Nintendo's but if you are able to please bring whatever you can to help out, including consoles, ac adapters, rf or av cords, tsb carts, etc - that would be awesome. Anything helps! So far this seems to be who are confirmed as joining for the Madison pre-party festivities:

regulator

ones11

Bradbears

psycho

daboys

luckytool

tecmodell

ciafani

Flo

toph..?

Looking forward to it guys!

It looks very likely that me (Ryan K, "Hoigaard2," Group GG on the TecmoMadison list) and my buddy Kevin M (Group Y) will be stopping by. Looking forward to it and meeting everyone. Any idea if it's going to be a string of "pick-up games" or will there be a mini tourney of some sort organized?

You guys should have some pickup games followed by mini tourney. It's the Madison way.

Yeah, pick up games are likely to kick it off, followed by a mini tourney I'm sure. Kevin and Ryan, we would love to have you! Hope you can make it out!

Kweh, will you be in Chicago on Friday!? You MUST swing by man!

Yeah, that was definitely one thing that was absolutely overlooked last time around. The parking situation was terrible at best. This won't be much different either, but I will say this bar is a good number of blocks north, and hence in a better/safer neighborhood. Meter parking is the only thing I'm aware of just outside, and nearby - but I'm sure there is a parking structure nearby. DePaul University is about a half mile south of the bar (just south of W. Fullerton, so I imagine there are parking structures there. Also, between 4:00PM-5:00PM CST, we shouldn't have much trouble finding a meter spot just outside the bar.

On the train. Can't wait to shake some cobwebs.

Why am I so damn excited about a 20 year old game? I've been to at least 10 tournaments and I still get a chubber.

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png