Madison's 8th Annual Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament

holzy11

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the invite. We're staying at the DoubleTree. You guys going to Plaza Tavern Friday night? I'll be the guy wearing some sort of Chiefs shirt. My buddy will most likely be wearing a Billy Volek Titans jersey or a Yeti costume (or both). We'll teach you guys a drinking game we play in DC. It's called "Chase some Georgia Home Boy with some Everclear".

Staying at DoubleTree as well. Also good to see some East Coast guys!

513 is on the road and we'll be there in a bit! Excited to see everyone.

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

you're racing against the weather I think.

Goodspeed....Stanley Goodspeed

goodspeed.jpg

Can we push this thing back to Sunday? My preparations for this tournament is a little behind schedule. I still have to find 22 virgins to sacrifice who share initials with the starting lineup of the Seattle Seahawks.

Can we push this thing back to Sunday? My preparations for this tournament is a little behind schedule. I still have to find 22 virgins to sacrifice who share initials with the starting lineup of the Seattle Seahawks.

If you get to town early I can find you 22 virgins that are the size of the starting lineup of the Seattle Seahawks

Odell. I'd love to make that chicago warmup but we only have a brief layover here. its almost over at the time of this post. As for the party we need to do some massive pregaming. I like where lillefty's mind is at. only drawback of the traIn was I could not load up my trunk with 5 dollar cases from certo's.

I went to the airport and tried flying out this afternoon and discovered my connecting flight was cancelled. There wasn't another one until tomorrow.

I seriously feel sick to my stomach.

Are you still going to try to make it? Do you need to be bumped back to the afternoon session?

I know Dave Murray also got bumped back to tomorrow if you're coming into Milwaukee..i think he might be as well

North Dakota three here. We're going to hit up the livestock auction quick and cruise the 4-H babes, but would have a few with the rest of the Te mo crowd later, assuming we don't get (too) lucky.

For the tecmoers who are near logans right now, 513 crew are getting some tecmo action in right now at the Best western on carroll street. Hit us up if you wanna throw some back and play some tecmo. There's another bar literally right across the street from our hotel we will probably hit up later tonight. 513 382 9946 is my cell.

While we are mere minutes from Tecmo VIII, there is no better time than now to reflect on the Hoss Whisperer with a video retrospective. The ND crew talks, at length, about the what-nots at Hoss Whisperer.

Jim Jensen and his brother make an appearance.

http://youtu.be/XGwtLZscjCk

Thanks to all who came and took part in another successful tournament. The Final Four finishers:

1. Chet

2. Kyle Miller

3. Troy Hansen

4. Matt Miller

Chet defeated Kyle, Vikings over Chargers, in championship game. After winning the Louisiana, Chicago, and Ohio (twice) tournaments, Chet finally gets the monkey off his back and wins his first Madison tournament. In terms of prior Madison tournaments, Chet had finished fourth in Tecmo I, and Troy Hansen finished fourth in Tecmo VI. This was the first Madison Final Four for the Miller brothers.

In addition to cash prizes for these finishers, Matt gets to enjoy the chocolate-and-nooget-circa-1989 goodness of the Randall Bar, and Troy gets to savor Andre Reed's "Over The Middle All Purpose Sauce" for months to come.

In the unofficial "juice off" between Adam Garbage Gauthier and Kyle Miller, Adam won the best of seven series 4-to-3. This event war marred by Adam's inability to run past the line of scrimmage without running into an offensive lineman. No one ever accused him of being a finesse player.

Unfortunately, none of the players whose exploits were being chronicles by NFL Films (Sobhi, Rik, Mort, the Vogts) made the Final Four, or even the Elite 8. Lefty was ousted in the Round of 64, Chris Vogt/Sobhi/Rik in the Round of 32, and Mort/Matt Vogt in the Sweet 16. It was our most stacked field to date....the single elim bracket was a war zone littered with bad beats, curse words, what-ifs, and promises of retribution in Tecmo IX.

Great tournament. Lost to Erik (Arncoem) in the round of 32.

I would also like to say thanks to whoever took my system/controllers/cart. Figured it would be fine over there, when I went to check, there was just two TVs with no systems around. Hopefully it was just grabbed by one of the Madison guys or something, not stolen.

Instead of writing up a huge reply, I'm going to just cut and paste what I tweeted throughout the day for those that aren't subscribed (@flofanclub). I start to sound like a drunk asshole towards the end (I was a drunk asshole towards the end).

9:37 AM--Tecmo Madison coverage starts NOW. First beer down, lots of nerds are packing in.

10:08 AM-- NFL films doesn't want to mic me. I just have to yell loud enough to be heard in the background.

10:43 AM-- Game one in the books. QB browns pulled his dick out in a 42-7 victory over the packers.

11:32 AM-- Game two 35-21. Almost another blowout, he gave me the Niners. Jerry rice slipped some date rape drugs into the opposing teams Gatorade.

11:38 AM-- I'm getting married at a Tecmo tournament. #TecmoVIII

12:35 PM-- Final game of group play, big win against the pecan sandies to clinch the group. 21-14 moon showed his ass #TecmoVIII

3:20 PM-- Tired from waiting for my next game. $4 vodka redbulls to the rescue. #TecmoVIII

3:58 PM-- Talking shit to NFL films. Why isn't Nick Saban here? #VodkaRedbull #TecmoVIII

4:42 PM-- 64 remain. This is where boys become men. If Sandusky was involved boys would be touched by men. #TecmoVIII

5:06 PM-- Round of 64. Floyd Dixon 4 catches, 4 TDs. Primetime with the shutout. 28-0. One step closer towards ultimate glory.

6:20 PM-- Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fumbled punt for a TD, missed field goal. Shit just didn't go my way. GG arnc. #TecmoVIII

6:21 PM-- Enjoy tweets about tequila shots from here on out. Assholes. #TecmoVIII

6:34 PM-- I'm going to pee on the NFL films cameraman when he is trying to tape a game. #TecmoVIII

8:17 PM-- It sucks being the best tecmoer in the bar. @TecmoVIII

8:25 PM-- Final four. None of them are me. Who cares #TecmoVIII

9:31 PM-- Tournament over. Someone beside me won. Fuck him. #TecmoVIII

Someone doesn't take losses well!

Flo: did you have your NES labeled? We found an extra one w/out any labels on it, and I'm hanging on to it for now. Your tweets above are hilarious. Some day I may sit down and write the closing stanzas of the ballad of Muster's Last Stand.

No label. It looks filthy, like someone spilled their jack and coke on it after losing in Tecmo. It looked like that before I brought it to the tournament.

I thought you guys would probably have it even after asking you when I first noticed it was gone.

No label. It looks filthy, like someone spilled their jack and coke on it after losing in Tecmo. It looked like that before I brought it to the tournament.

I thought you guys would probably have it even after asking you when I first noticed it was gone.

Yes, we've got it (or one like it). Let us know the best way to get it to you. In the future, be sure to label all your stuff as "Tecmo Ryder Cup I MVP" so the systems dont' get mixed up.

Thanks to everyone who helped make Tecmo VIII our best tournament yet. Accommodating both an NFL Films crew and 176 of the country’s best players was a daunting task that required a collaborative effort from everyone, namely QB_Browns, Erin H, Garbagetsbplayer, Jamie M, the Child of Destiny, and Larry. Also, special thanks to Knobbe (“Godfather of Tecmo”) and Dave Murray for their efforts in showcasing the tournament to those unable to attend.

The tournament itself was an absolute blast that culminated in a champagne-spraying celebration, lost trophy, and several shots at the Plaza. Thanks to everyone for their congratulatory remarks following the tournament. I am honored to be your TecmoVIII Champion. Long live Tecmo!

Thanks from the DC Crew for such an awesome time. If there is any doubt in any future particpants' minds whether it's worth the trip, I want to strangle those future participants for even doubting the power of Tecmo Madison.

Seriously, though. Everybody there was awesome. I lost but didn't feel bad about it at all. And there was a lot of great games to watch.

Also, I think I left my liver at Visions strip club. If you see it, tell it that I regret nothing.