Madison's 8th Annual Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament

holzy11

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(4) The winning player must report every game to the information desk. As soon as a game is completed, be sure to report the outcome to the information desk where the central computer is located. This ensures that no mix-ups occur;

Speaking as a guy who works the information desk during the session that I am not a particpant in, a few things to help speed this along:

1. Most of the info desk workers have no idea who most people are at the tournament. There are going to be upwards of 100+ people watching the great Tecmo action from the moment of the first kick thorugh the final 0:00 of the last game per session. Please, please, please do not walk up to the information desk and say "I won."

2. There are 44 groups, 22 per session. When you report, please, please, please remember your group first and wait for one of us to find it in our database. Then we can continue with the process of recording your games.

3. Please, please, please remember both teams, who called the matchup, the score, and who was using which team. With this much talent in the room, some of the groups are going to be decided on the thinnest of margins. Knowing exactly what occurred to everyone in your group will help us run a smooth tournament and make sure the players who have earned their victories keep their victories.

4. Please, please, please let us do our jobs without comment. We're attempting to run a 176 person video game tournament at a bar while adding as much fun stuff on top of the Tecmo. Small errors will occur. We are not going to be perfect. We also will catch and rectify all the errors in a timely manner.

5. Finally, pay attention to your group results. We have had people go missing who though that they had not advanced when they did because of a random field goal in the final group play game. We have had people lose by upwards of 30+ points in their first game advance by blowing out the last two opponents. We don't want to have to track you down at Qdoba to let you know you advanced.

Although, Logan's food was pretty good if I do remember correctly.

I'm going to have to go ahead and lower expectations for everyone about the food. The burger is decent. Nachos and chicken sandwich are not-so-good...

Are you suggesting a liquid dinner?

Although, Logan's food was pretty good if I do remember correctly.

I'm going to have to go ahead and lower expectations for everyone about the food. The burger is decent. Nachos and chicken sandwich are not-so-good...

Had the burger last year and it wasn't bad. Liquid diet may be the way to go this year.

i plan on being strung out on enough stimulates to make LT blush

So more high quality bar coffee for you to start the tournament? Or are you going to start the tournament much the same way LT started his memoir--buying coke and almost getting robbed at gunpoint?

How much of the entry fee goes towards...t-shirt, cash prize, etc. Just curious.

Typically this forum is reserved for people who are actually attending the tournament. But to answer your question, this is a not-for-profit tourney. All entry fees that don’t go to running the tournament or payouts are donated to the TOA (Tecmo Orphan’s Association), or are donated to Lawrence Taylor's legal defense fund.

How much of the entry fee goes towards...t-shirt, cash prize, etc. Just curious.

Typically this forum is reserved for people who are actually attending the tournament. But to answer your question, this is a not-for-profit tourney. All entry fees that don’t go to running the tournament or payouts are donated to the TOA (Tecmo Orphan’s Association), or are donated to Lawrence Taylor's legal defense fund.

Now that that is taken care of, on to more important and relevant topics:

Had the burger last year and it wasn't bad. Liquid diet may be the way to go this year.

Is your wife not coming with to chaperone you this year psycho? That may bode well for your tecmo skills...or the liquid diet is just going to cause you to crash and burn like I do every year.

Is your wife not coming with to chaperone you this year psycho? That may bode well for your tecmo skills...or the liquid diet is just going to cause you to crash and burn like I do every year.

If nothing else you can hang in the GaitherGarbage Zone if the liquid diet doesn't pay off.

If anyone is looking to share a hotel room, I'm booking my flight and hotel in the next day or two. I'm looking for a way to save a little bit of money. I'm arriving Friday night and leaving Sunday.

Hit up Jackson Rose

she will not be attending this year

That's too bad. Of course this reduces the number of women who are at the tournament to actually watch Tecmo to like 3. Still way better than our first 2 or 3 tournaments, but way lower then that year we had like 5.

176:3 m/f ratio. Same kind of odds you get in places like North Dakota and Nebraska. Right, Rod?

she will not be attending this year

That's too bad. Of course this reduces the number of women who are at the tournament to actually watch Tecmo to like 3. Still way better than our first 2 or 3 tournaments, but way lower then that year we had like 5.

176:3 m/f ratio. Same kind of odds you get in places like North Dakota and Nebraska. Right, Rod?

Seems a little low

Hit up Jackson Rose

Who is Jackson Rose and how do I get a hold of him?

A.K.A Homer A.K.A. brhomerfu though nevermind as he is out

BTW, I can vouch for the fact that Bad Moon is a nice guy and won't kill you in your sleep.

Hit up Jackson Rose

Who is Jackson Rose and how do I get a hold of him?

A.K.A Homer A.K.A. brhomerfu though nevermind as he is out

BTW, I can vouch for the fact that Bad Moon is a nice guy and won't kill you in your sleep.

Does he like to cuddle though? If so hit me up Chaos.