Sign in to follow this  
Maynard_G_Krebs

TSB Instruction Image Template

Hey All,

I've been promising this for some time. I spent today cleaning up the TSB Instruction Booklet to my original ROM series for everyone's usage. It's a stripped down, better organized foundation to building your own instruction pages / images. Included in the .ZIP package below is a Photoshop .PSD layered file, labeled and tiered for ease of editing, an example image of how this template can be utilized, and the font files necessary to preserve the .PSD file integrity. NOTE: I cannot guarantee font spacing will look good if you change the fonts used.

I made this, particularly, for TecmoBowl.org's custom ROM makers.

Additional Notes:

> If you want to use a different on-field background image, take a screen shot with your emulator. Open that image file up in Photoshop and stretch it to fit the pre-determined black background space.

> This is the first draft of this instruction image template. I plan to add more symbols, text, graphics to the file as our combined ideas help expand it.

> I also intend to eventually include the instruction pages denoting game changes and whatnot, as seen below (not yet included in the .ZIP download).

Rough Example Instruction Image:

example_dime.jpg

Preview Contents Image (old image):

preview_contents.jpg

instructions_template.zip

The problem is that this doesn't necessarily make putting together a manual less overwhelming....it just makes it look a heck of a lot better with less effort.

However, when someone does put together something that is complicated enough to need a manual for, this will be awesome...assuming they have photoshop.

The problem is that this doesn't necessarily make putting together a manual less overwhelming...

I disagree entirely. I think that duplicating a layer (arrow) and dragging it into the position you need to or changing some text (or a colored coverage zone, or what-have-you-graphic) is about a thousand times easier than making something like this yourself. Never mind that it's polished and pretty. :) If you know how to use Photoshop and understand what your custom offenses or defenses do, you could crank out instruction images for each in under an hour. Likely less.