Nebraska Tournament - Sat Jan 28th 2012

Knobbe

TecmoSwag.jpg

What: Tecmobowl.org Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament

Where: Lincoln, Nebraska @ Luckies Lounge - http://www.luckieslounge.com/ - Near the Lincoln Airport

When: Saturday, Jan 28th, 2012 @ 11 am CST

***Expanding to 40****

***You can register by replying to this thread or emailing [email protected]***

Registered

(1)Knobbe (Lincoln) +3 NES + 8 controllers

(2)Rolf (Lincoln) + 1 NES + 2 Controllers

(3)Art Vandeley (Omaha)

(4)Tick (Lincoln) +1 NES + 2 Controllers

(5)Buck (Kansas) +1 NES + 2 Controllers

(6)Rehawl (Kansas)

(7)Palek (Lincoln) +1 NES +2 Controllers

(38) Mike West (Lincoln, NE)

(39) Travis Reinsch (Lincoln, NE)

(10) Paul Edie (Omaha)

(11) Bomar (Lincoln, NE)

(12) Ira (KC)

(13) Paul B (Nebraska)

(14) James N. (KC)

(15) Randy W. (Omaha)

(16) Scott W. (Omaha)

(17) Vonn M. (Omaha)

(18) Hubie (Cedar Rapids, IA)

(19) Don Haps (Cedar Rapids, IA)

(20) Smoolorf (Cedar Falls, IA)

(21) John w/ Art (Omaha, NE)

(22) Chet H (Madison, Wi) +2 +4 controllers

(23) Josh H (Madison, Wi)

(24) Tim McEwen (Lincoln, Ne)

(25) Chad Mohl (Lincoln, NE)

(26) Greg Frought (Lincoln, NE)

(27) Tyler Jay Collier (Lincoln, NE)

(28) Hank Woods (Lincoln, NE)

(29) FRAZ (Lincoln, NE)

(30) Tyson (Lincoln, NE)

(31) Tom Mahony (Lincoln, NE)

(32) Brandon Woodhead (Lincoln, NE)

(33) Ryan Martin (Lincoln, NE)

(34) Anthony Wortman (Lincoln, NE)

(35) Doug Salak (Lincoln, NE)

(36) Tony Price (Lincoln, NE)

(37) Nick Liesemeyer (Lincoln, NE)

NES Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament

Limit of 40 contestants - advance register here or at [email protected]

Rules/Details

Check-in between 11-11:30 am

There will be a championship belt and t-shirt drawing for all entries

Format: Players will be paired up in pools and play in a round-robin format for seeding. Afterwards a tournament will be played.

Rules (Thanks Tecmo Madison!)

Procedural & Gameplay Rules

Team Selection & Coin Toss: A manual coin-flip will precede each game. The coin-flip winner will choose the matchup (i.e. the two teams). The coin-flip loser then selects either (a) one of the two teams or (:) his preferred controller. If the coin-flip loser selects his preferred controller, the coin-flip winner selects a team first.

“One Matchup Once” Rule: The coin-flip winner can only select a particular matchup once throughout the entire tournament. For instance, if Player A wins the toss and selects Packers-Browns, Player A cannot call that exact matchup for the rest of the tournament. Player B, however, is free to select that matchup later in the tournament.

Customizing Playbooks and Lineup Changes: Customizing playbooks is permissible. You can access your “change” screen (screen where you check player conditions and make substitutions) only twice per half. This helps speed up the games.

No WR/TE in a running play: The Jerry Rice-Drew Hill rule. The rule doesn't apply to WR reverses

Ties: Although ties are permitted in the tournament’s “group play” portion, such are not permitted in the single-elimination portion of the tournament. If a game ends in a tie after overtime, a new game will begin, and the first player to score in the new game is the winner.

Lurching: Lurching is prohibited. If you want to rush with a DL, you must either go outside the offensive tackle or “popcorn” someone on the offensive line. You cannot simply go around your blocker and dive. Note that this rule does not apply to LBs.

Nintendo Malfunctions: If there is an equipment failure in the first half, games will be replayed from the start. If equipment malfunctions in the 2nd half, only the second half is replayed. In that event, the scores from each half are added together to obtain a final score. If the game was uncompetitive or the equipment malfunctioned due to human error, the tourney organizers reserve the right to declare a winner without replaying any portion of the game.

how about The Nebraska Non-Invitational Tecmo Bowl Tournament Extravaganza sponsored by TB.org or something like that. Whatever you decide to call it you can count me in. I haven't played tecmo in almost 2 years. Its about time I dust off the ole thumbs and get back into it.

how about The Nebraska Non-Invitational Tecmo Bowl Tournament Extravaganza sponsored by TB.org or something like that. Whatever you decide to call it you can count me in. I haven't played tecmo in almost 2 years. Its about time I dust off the ole thumbs and get back into it.

Hey! Great to see you back!

• 4 weeks later...
Calling it the TB.org Invitational would be cooler, but considering it's not invite only, it's not accurate. Any suggestions for a kick ass name would be great.

I say you call it the "TB.org Invitational only if your name rhymes with Barry Fultz, otherwise come on down for some Tecmo fun Tournament"

Or the "TB.org Memorial I got banned Tournament"

Or the "TB.org BYOI Invitational Tournament" with BYOI = Bring Your Own Invite

Or just give in and call it the "TB.org Madison Tournament Warm-up in cold place Tournament" or the "Nebraska Madison Tournament Icebreaker sponsored by TB.org"

• 3 weeks later...
We'll be doing this up in Lincoln once again at Luckies.

When it came down to it, having a house 5 minutes from your house >>>>> having a couple extra guys.

Name FORTHCOMING!

again, lock me IN. and while you're at it, put REWHAWL in. I'll get him to come this year.

I am from northeast iowa and would love to head to omaha for some super tecmo, i know some guys I that would be down to travel and play. I could bring some nes's controllers cartriges and a tv. Please let me know how to get signed up or registered!

How many people are going to be in it? I am upset cause i signed up 5 days after the madison one started signups and i am currently the 22 alternate. I am so pissed at myself, i had no idea it was going to fill up so fast. I may be open to coming to lincoln cause i need to play some competitive tecmo, i have been waiting all year.

How many people are going to be in it? I am upset cause i signed up 5 days after the madison one started signups and i am currently the 22 alternate. I am so pissed at myself, i had no idea it was going to fill up so fast. I may be open to coming to lincoln cause i need to play some competitive tecmo, i have been waiting all year.

It will probably be in the 30s sort of range. We'll see how we draw this year considering I haven't even officially started advertising yet.

I'll make sure you're in though. 8)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't wait, gentlemen. I exiled myself from TSB almost exactly a year ago after a pathetic showing at the last Lincoln Tourney. But I've had an NES console sitting under my 46 inch TV ever since, and it stares at me like it's mad at me, like I let it down. It's sort of like the Mona Lisa- if you're in the same room as "it", you can feel "it" looking at you...

Am I the only TSB player in the world who struggles on offense??

See you in 3 weeks :wink:

Can't wait, gentlemen. I exiled myself from TSB almost exactly a year ago after a pathetic showing at the last Lincoln Tourney. But I've had an NES console sitting under my 46 inch TV ever since, and it stares at me like it's mad at me, like I let it down. It's sort of like the Mona Lisa- if you're in the same room as "it", you can feel "it" looking at you...

Am I the only TSB player in the world who struggles on offense??

See you in 3 weeks :wink:

When in doubt....air it out...especially if Sterling Sharpe is on the other end.