TSB II Tourny East Texas - Oct 15, 2011

Jimmy1996

Hello, My name is Jimmy and I am having a Tecmo Super Bowl II Tourny at the Cinema in Carthage Texas in October 2011. This is an in-person tourny full of all the old smash mouth football you were use to hearing when playing Tecmo back in tha day.This is going to be a double elimination tourny. Players in this tourny will play one quarter of football against a computer team I select with a weaker team that I also select. During this quarter of football each player will try to score as many points as they can against the computer team. Each player will recieve a power ranking based on the number of points scored with yardage gained being a tie breaker. The player ranked 1st due to points will get to pick the first team and the player ranked 2nd gets the second selection and so on and so forth... When players become eliminated then an active player can take their team. Admission for this tourny is $15.00 and the winner takes all. If anyone is interested in playing please email me at [email protected].

I own 6 copies of TSB II for SNES. So we can have up to 6 consoles running at once. Everyone around here likes TSB II because you cant just dive through the line with a DL. It seems to also be a littler harder to run kickoffs back and just a little tuffer game all around. We all own the original on NES and of course and I, and III on SNES, but we just prefer TSB II on SNES. This is the first tourny I've tried to sponsor so we will see how this goes. If you know of anyone in my area be sure to hit them up. We are close to Sherveport and fairly close to Dallas.

We like TSB II for a handfull of reasons. First off you cant dive throught the line with a DL when the ball is hiked like you can on all other copies of the game. Secondly, it is harder to run and score on the game espcially when playing the COMPUTER. Finally, it just appears to follow more realistic guidelines when it comes to pics and returns. Simple put its a harder game. We love it.

Now as far as the tourny goes we are either looking at the 8th or 15th of October depending on how my schedule falls here in a few days. As soon as I know I will post it. Both those dates are on a Saturday.

How many of you are seriously thinking about making the drive to Carthage Texas for this Tourny??

• 3 weeks later...

Well we are moments away from Tecmo Mud Bowl I. There has been mucho smack talking going on as the guys arrive in town. Has anyone ever heard of PookieX9 or Ashman from OTFL? They claim to be seasoned Tecmoers.. Anyhow we shall see. I will post pics on here after the big show!

Yeah... It was very clear bgboud... RSVP by OCT 1,2011. YOU DIDNT MAKE THE DEADLINE. ENOUGH CRYING ABOUT IT!!! GEEZZ! Im real sorry bro maybe get on here more often if you want to play in tournaments. Anyhow PookieX9 and Ashman owned most everyone in our tournament. They played each other in the Super Bowl with Pookie edging out the Ashman in overtime 17-14. We played the ProBowl following the Super Bowl and Ashman edged out Pookie 17-14. Pookie won a Lombardi like trophy and Ashman won an autographed ProBowl Helment signed by Dree Brews and Steve Smith from the 2006 ProBowl! Those guys made out like bandits. We also a large tournament sign and Tecmo shirts made for the tournament! It was alot of fun!

These are some pics of Tecmo Mud Bowl I in Carthage Texas. You can see the front portion of the cinema lobby in this picture with the tournament board and a few of the TV's with game consoles.The players gather to this area of the cinema to check the tournament board to see who has not been eliminated from the Super Bowl and Pro Bowl.

post-11677-1341373027011_thumb.jpg

post-11677-13413730272892_thumb.jpg

post-11677-13413730276301_thumb.jpg

Well we are moments away from Tecmo Mud Bowl I. There has been mucho smack talking going on as the guys arrive in town. Has anyone ever heard of PookieX9 or Ashman from OTFL? They claim to be seasoned Tecmoers.. Anyhow we shall see. I will post pics on here after the big show!

I've heard of Ashman I believe.