Kickoff touchbacks

Bodom

That's a good question. I would think since punts can, then a kickoff should be able to as well. Along that thought, would it be possible to modify punts so you can "angle"? that would be a useful tool as well. Possibly kick out of bounds so you can't get burned on a punt return. Just a thought.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

These set commands will take care of kickoff touchbacks: SET(0x2411C,0x205790) SET(0x248A4,0x207090)

So now kickoffs out of the endzone will be touchbacks. Also, if u get tackled in the endzone on a kickoff it will be a touchback. Finally, if you walk out of bounds while in the endzone it will be a touchback.

• 2 months later...

"SET(0x2411C,0x205790) SET(0x248A4,0x207090)"

Just so I'm clear on this, do you mean set the line at 0x24111C to match the line at 0x205790? And the same with 0x248A4 and 0x207090?

So the "SET" command is a handy little feature found in TSB TOOL SUPREME editor, by BAD_AL.

Anyways, answer to your question is No. What the SET command is doing is taking the actual code "205790" and inserting it into the ROM (overwriting what is there) starting at the ROM location 2411C. Same for the other command.

it goes: SET (0x"LOCATION to put code", 0x"CODE to put at location")

So, if you don't want to use TSB TOOL, you could always just go to location 2411C and start typing 205790 (overwriting the code that's there). Then go to location 248A4 and start typing 207090. Then save the file.

Edited by buck

I downloaded Bad_Al's TSB Tool Supreme. It says on the download page that it's for editting the 32 team rom. I'm using a 28 team rom. I don't think that should make a difference, but I wanted to be sure to mention it just in case.

I still have a few questions, as I want to assure I'm doing it right before I mess something up.

If I use the bad al's, how to I access this "SET" feature, do I just type the text somewhere above the listed teams or below the schedule or something? Or is there some way of accessing the feature from the menus at the top?

If I don't use the tool, you're saying to do the typing in a hex editor at line x2411C? And do I type it as hex values, or on the actual text side? I'm using "Translnextion".

It will work with either 28 or 32 team.

Basically you can paste in a "SET" command and it will know what to do.

Otherwise the commands he gave you were in hex. Thus you'd want to use the hex side for manually keying in the changes.

These set commands will take care of kickoff touchbacks: SET(0x2411C,0x205790) SET(0x248A4,0x207090)

So now kickoffs out of the endzone will be touchbacks. Also, if u get tackled in the endzone on a kickoff it will be a touchback. Finally, if you walk out of bounds while in the endzone it will be a touchback.

Would it be possible to set it up so if the ball goes 5 or 6 yards deep or further into the end zone it is an automatic touchback? Somehow move the line that makes the game think the ball went past the back of the end zone to the middle of the endzone?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Greetings,

Someone asked me about setting kickoffs to automatically become touchbacks when they go into the endzone.  Using Bruddog and Xplozv's information I was able to figure out that setting @25108 to 205790 and @25117 to 207090 achieves this.  However, the game freezes at this point and won't loop back to game play.  (The screen goes black after the touchback animation and stays there).  Fixing this is over my head.  Does anyone know how to get this done?  Take care.

Edit:  if the change is to 4c5790/7090, then this will work, but then every time you go into the endzone it's a touchback.  @24114/2489c control what happens when the ball carrier is tackled.

Edited by quince3800
additional information