Changing defender during the play?

keirre21

I've been spending more and more time of late sharpening my skills in NCAA Football 2012 and I had an idea (not sure if it has been brought up before). Since the A Button serves no purpose on defense when not engaged in grapples, I was wondering if it would be possible to make a hack where you can change defenders in the middle of a play. At first, I was thinking of a nearest defender switch, like you see in later football games, but that would seem too difficult. On the other hand, I thought that maybe you can cycle through defenders like you can cycle through receivers.

The one big snag, I would see, is the need to grapple. I don't know how gaming logic works, but I guess there would need to be something in the code that would prevent cycling when engaging a defender. Just wondering if this would at all be possible (using either the A,B, start or select buttons).

Tecmo Psycho may be right. I do think it would give the defense an enormous advantage and I'm already bad enough on offense. :D I'd love to try it out and if someone can create the hack then why not?! I like the idea.

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

Every idea is worht exploring. Even if it ends up not accomplishing what it should, sometimes the collateral effects can be used. We found out how to color the field with the home teams unies by accident when trying something else entirely out, and that enhanced our visuals ten fold. Same thing with the background during team select. I could see some use if it were done with some thought, like after the ball has crossed the line of scrimmage, after the completion, or on kick coverage. If it is not accesable right away, then you still get "punished" for selecting the wrong guy on the play, and having to play catch up.

when is the "quick kick" hack going to happen? before snap, press SELECT for QB to "quick punt" the ball.

but seriously, I think a feasible hack would be to make COM Defenders NOT DIVE so damn much. Like SNES defenders.

I toyed with this idea a few years ago. I got stuck on reassigning an ai script to the player that was vacated, so it ended up just continuing to do whatever I was doing before I switched. Its very rough (...it'll let you switch while you're the ball carrier), but here's the rom. Select will cycle to the next player after the ball has been snapped.

change.zip

I toyed with this idea a few years ago. I got stuck on reassigning an ai script to the player that was vacated, so it ended up just continuing to do whatever I was doing before I switched. Its very rough (...it'll let you switch while you're the ball carrier), but here's the rom. Select will cycle to the next player after the ball has been snapped.

Select works the kickoff (while returning) and totally screws up the game. But it doesn't seem to work on defense

• 4 years later...

Although it would change the whole concept of Tecmo...I really think this would be one of greatest hacks ever. Tecmo is an offensive juggernaut and this would maybe make it a lot more level playing field. Tough to see this possible though. Insane!

If one of the great hackers put their mind to it, I'm   sure this could be done. Maybe not 5 yrs ago but now, definitely . 

Everyone talks about it changing the game but over these last 4-5 years most of the hacks done never see the light of day anyways

2 hours ago, toolie said:

I think it would give good tappers more of an advantage.  Kind of like how everyone in the matrix is a possible agent, now every drone on your opponents squad is an elite tapper!

Actually this would help poor tappers more because  once you get tossed from an iso grapple you can grab the the nearest drone to engage a ball carrier with more help along the way.