Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jstout

Use Quickness For Pass Incompletions

Recommended Posts

The code below should use the defender's pass interception ability to intercept passes and the defender's quickness ability to cause incomplete passes. The following is loosely tested.

x29D8F:
4C BA BF JMP FIRST
EA NOP

x29DA2:
4C CA BF JMP SECOND
EA NOP

x29DB7:
4C DA BF JMP THIRD
EA NOP

FIRST: ; x2BFCA
A6 DD LDX $DD
A5 E6 LDA $E6
20 ED BF JSR CHECK
A4 E6 LDY $E6
C9 50 CMP #$50
90 23 BCC EXIT
4C 83 9D JMP $9D83

SECOND: ; x2BFDA
A6 DD LDX $DD
A5 E7 LDA $E7
20 ED BF JSR CHECK
A4 E7 LDY $E7
C9 50 CMP #$50
90 13 BCC EXIT
4C 96 9D JMP $9D96

THIRD: ; x2BFEA
A6 DD LDX $DD
A5 E8 LDA $E8
20 ED BF JSR CHECK
A4 E8 LDY $E8
C9 50 CMP #$50
90 03 BCC EXIT
4C A9 9D JMP $9DA9
EXIT:
4C EE 9D JMP $9DEE

CHECK: ; x2BFFD
86 43 STX $43
2A ROL
30 0B BMI NEGATIVE
6A ROR
29 8F AND #$8F
20 8D DD JSR $DD8D
A0 87 LDY #$87 ; USE QUICKNESS ABILITY INSTEAD OF INTERCEPTION
4C 83 9E JMP $9E83
NEGATIVE:
4C B1 9E JMP $9EB1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand exactly what this hack does compared to the default INT mechanics - because I thought that INT had an effect on completions (as well as interceptions). Is there a quick and dirty explanation...or could you give an example of a player (or team) for which this hack would be applicable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
could you give an example of a player (or team) for which this hack would be applicable?

I actually have a great example. The Pats 2010 secondary. Most INTs in the league, but I also think they had the worst completion rate in the league as well (meaning opposing QBs TORE THEM UP!).

I don't understand exactly what this hack does compared to the default INT mechanics - because I thought that INT had an effect on completions (as well as interceptions).

I'm actually confused about this as well.

Great find by both jstout & bruddog....now explain!! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't understand exactly what this hack does compared to the default INT mechanics - because I thought that INT had an effect on completions (as well as interceptions). Is there a quick and dirty explanation...or could you give an example of a player (or team) for which this hack would be applicable?

This was mostly for Bruddog so I wouldn't forget some stuff again.

The short is the hack has the defender use their Interception skill for figuring out Interceptions and their Quickness skill for figuring out Completions and Incompletions. The example would be a shut down corner that has few INTs but allows few catches could be set with a low INT rating and high Quickness so he gets few INTs but doesn't allow many CCs during game play. Currently a player with a low INT rating would get few INTs and allow a lot of CCs during game play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I actually have a great example. The Pats 2010 secondary. Most INTs in the league, but I also think they had the worst completion rate in the league as well (meaning opposing QBs TORE THEM UP!).

Using Bodom's example, you could set the defenders to a high INT rating and low Quickness rating. The players would have a good chance of interceptions but would allow a lot of catches when they don't get them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@bg that guide still works just use int to check for int percentages and the quickness value for comp/deflection percentages

@buck ya that would ruin that hack. You would have to rely on MS in that case which isn't that big a deal.

@ bodom exactly! Or look at the Jets very low completion percentage and yards per attempt but not a lot of interceptions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so what happens on a pass play when INT = 100 and COVERAGE = 0 ?

can a defender with 0 INT still get a stand-still interception (not on a misthrow)? can a defender with 100 COVERAGE still get CC'd on?

maybe I need a refresher on INT/Completion/Drop calculations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please help me further understand...

QB with 50pc to receiver with 50rec against defender with 63int on the original chart is 2-26-72 for completion, interception, incompletion, and if 38 int then its 20-15-65

So it checks for interception first right?

Then against 38int 63qui you'd have 15% chance of an interception while the completion,incompletion would go to 2%, 83%?

Alternatively, 63int, 38qui would be 26% chance of interception then completion, incompletion is 17%, 57%?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bruddog - It would be nice if you would upload a new spreadsheet with the new 'coverage' variable.

here's the code in TOOL SET commands (untested):


SET( 0x29D8F, 0x4CBABFEA)
SET( 0x29DA2, 0x4CCABFEA)
SET( 0x29DB7, 0x4CDABFEA)
SET( 0x2BFCA, 0xA6DDA5E620EDBFA4E6C95090234C839D)
SET( 0x2BFDA, 0xA6DDA5E720EDBFA4E7C95090134C969D)
SET( 0x2BFEA, 0xA6DDA5E820EDBFA4E8C95090034CA99D4CEE9D)
SET( 0x2BFFD, 0x86432A300B6A298F208DDDA0874C839E4CB19E)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anybody got data (stats or links to data) that helps rate defenders with this new "coverage" variable?

I mean, one could use "passes defended", but that doesn't tell it all because one would need to know how many throws were attempted at them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
anybody got data (stats or links to data) that helps rate defenders with this new "coverage" variable?

I mean, one could use "passes defended", but that doesn't tell it all because one would need to know how many throws were attempted at them.

ok, here's what I did - keep in mind I had already rated the team OG style for INT only:

got a list of TEAM PASS DEFENSES (from football outsiders) from 2010, ranked 1-32.

after the teams were sorted, I put them in groups of 8

1 thru 8 - COVERAGE equals 1 NOTCH BOOST over INT

9 thru 16 - COVERAGE equals EQUALS INT

17 thru 24 - COVERAGE a 1 NOTCH DECREMENT over INT

25 thru 32 - COVERAGE a 2 NOTCH DECREMENT over INT

this rule is applied to everyone on the defense.

if there needs to be exceptions to certain players, I will make them on an individual basis.

---------

So, in summary, I'm using this 'coverage' variable based off of initial INT rating (plus 1, even, minus 1, minus 2). Applied globally to a team defense, based on where the team pass defense ranks overall. So, it's pretty close to original INT and I don't feel too bad or good about it, yet. Must test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
anybody got data (stats or links to data) that helps rate defenders with this new "coverage" variable?

Profootballfocus used to keep stats like this for every player. Thrown at, completions, completion %, INT% etc...

They started charging for the site last year though.

Not sure if anyone here has a membership...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used proffootballfocuses stuff to help me rate defenders

For a base team coverage variable I used yards per attempt, a modified version of advanacednfl stats team success rate, and prof-football-focus player ratings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I use the SET commands on my 28 team rom the game freezes as soon as the kick returner gets the ball. I haven't implemented the "no fumble in endzone"-hack...

I think I read a thread (can't find it now...) some time ago about using quickness for return speed that said something about a HEX-value changed from 82 to 87... but I'm quite sure that I have used the KR & PR MS-hacks, instead of the "quickness for return speed"-patch...

Any thougts on what it is that causes the freeze?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess that it is the "Quickness Controls INT / Fumbl Return Speeds"-hack that causes the problem.

Other hacks I have used:

- Defense: 3-4 or 4-3 Team Formations

- Grappling: HP Hack

- Grappling: COM vs COM Differential

- Player-2 Condition Fix

- QB Split PC / PA Ratings Hack

- Turn On Preseason Injuries

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×