Save with 2012 rosters

Bomborolo

Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm working on a file with this season's rosters. I have been doing it all manually. The teams that I have completed so far are Baltimore, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Pitsburgh, Buffalo, Miami, New England and New York Jets. I plan on doing Denver, Kansas City, Oakland and San Diego today if I have the time. If anybody is interested, let me know and I'll post the file when it's finished.

Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm working on a file with this season's rosters. I have been doing it all manually. The teams that I have completed so far are Baltimore, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Pitsburgh, Buffalo, Miami, New England and New York Jets. I plan on doing Denver, Kansas City, Oakland and San Diego today if I have the time. If anybody is interested, let me know and I'll post the file when it's finished.

Awesome. Which site are you using? I've found that NFL.com depth charts are always outdated.

Is there any way to load that back on the DS?

Get something like an Aceckard that can play DS roms on a DS, and it'd be quite possible. Theoretically someone could rename the ROM's so you could have a roster set for every year.

Not sure that there's a way otherwise though.

Is there any way to load that back on the DS?

I've wanted to do this since I got an R4 like 3 or 4 years ago so I looked everywhere and you can't with a slot-1 flash card. There is no nintendo emulator for the DS on a DS flashcart. The only way is to get one of the Gameboy Advance flash cartridges and put the nintendo emulator on that. So there is only emulation through slot-2 for nintendo DS.

I've wanted to do this since I got an R4 like 3 or 4 years ago so I looked everywhere and you can't with a slot-1 flash card. There is no nintendo emulator for the DS on a DS flashcart. The only way is to get one of the Gameboy Advance flash cartridges and put the nintendo emulator on that. So there is only emulation through slot-2 for nintendo DS.

Not at all true. Acekards, for instance, work in Slot 1 (the mian DS game card slot). I know this because the Acekard 2i was designed for DSi's, and DSi's have no Slot 2 (nor do they have the ability to run/emulate GBA games). You pop a microSD card into the Acekard gamecart and it'll run any DS roms contained on the SD card. Supposedly they've made Acekards work on 3DS's now as well, though I can't confirm myself.

I've used my Acekard both on my DSi, and on my son's DS Lite (had to once use it to grab and flash newer firmware after a borked DSi firmware update). No problems at all.

Not at all true. Acekards, for instance, work in Slot 1 (the mian DS game card slot). I know this because the Acekard 2i was designed for DSi's, and DSi's have no Slot 2 (nor do they have the ability to run/emulate GBA games). You pop a microSD card into the Acekard gamecart and it'll run any DS roms contained on the SD card. Supposedly they've made Acekards work on 3DS's now as well, though I can't confirm myself.

I've used my Acekard both on my DSi, and on my son's DS Lite (had to once use it to grab and flash newer firmware after a borked DSi firmware update). No problems at all.

Wow!!! Dude I can't even tell you how long I spent looking for a NES emulator for the DS. I looked like 2-3 months ago and I went everywhere and every site (including GBAtemp.net and many similar sites) I went to said that the was no such thing and you needed a slot-2 flash cart. Hell nesDS may have came up and the sites were still telling me that nothing at all worked. Thank you for steering me in the right direction because I've wanted to play the NES Tecmo Super Bowl on there forever.

I've heard good things about Acekard's but I've been very happy with my R4. I haven't had any problems with it and it plays every game I've ever downloaded and newer titles that have really good anti-piracy is easily overcome by using woodR4 and booting up the games that way. I play 90% of my games off my r4. I very rarely buy games for my DS because most games aren't worth more than $5 in my opinion and $30 for those games to me is a huge rip off. I also use my R4 as an MP3 player so it saves me from having to buy an ipod because I already have a 4GB system to do it on that sound great. I also have a program that can convert normal movie files (avi, mpg, mov and many more) and watch a movie if I really wanted to on my DS but I haven't done that yet cause I'm lazy I guess lol.

• 6 months later...

I know this is an old thread but I managed to get this save working on my actual DS via a super card lite and microsd card.

I had to convert it to a .sav file and then name it the same as my rom, which after patching has a .dsq extension.

Works well.

Game still has issues but now I can at least have teams I know.

• 1 year later...

Hi! I just want to deeply thank Bomborolo for editing and sharing the savegame. It's actually the only edited savegame I found on the internet.

I managed to get this on my legit Tecmo Bowl Kickoff cardridge so I can play on the 3DS :D

• First I had to convert and rename the savegame into a format which my flashcart accepts using a converter ( http://aspspider.info/uniquegeeks/nds.aspx -> from desmume to X - Supercard in my case).
  • Then, after putting it on the Flashcart in the same folder as the ROM, I could load the edited game on my DS Lite.
  • After that, I connected the DS Lite with my 3DS with the original game in Wireless multiplayer mode and trade the teams.

Now I will play Tecmo Bowl Kickoff with both machines and a friend in multiplayer until the Superbowl :D