Drummer's NFL TECMO SUPER BOWL 2K12

drummer4god

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait for the next update, I haven't played the Steelers at all out of superstition. I think it worked. :D Also, from what I've seen, you might want to increase Ed Dickson's reception rating.

C'mon now moose that was 1 game. He may play like crap next week. If the next madden update gives him a boost he will get one. If not then he won't ,i stay true to what i use for ratings,if not every browns player would be a god.

Drummer, are you still alive? Quick, somebody check on Drummer. I know that he must be heartbroken that his Browns dropped one to the awful Bengals at home, but it's no reason to go into isolation.

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

I've worked him too hard and now he's sick. He'll be up and running like a champ in no time. Too bad we can't say that about his Browns. :wink:

I finally tried my hand at this ROM, and I have to say I found it extremely difficult. I decided to choose the Bengals to make the experience trying, but often it was virtually impossible to win. I went 9-7.....9-7.....against computer opponents. Playing against Pittsburgh was a lost cause. I lost count of the number of times Cedric Bensen fumbled the ball. While it was nice to have a challenge playing a TSB game, I do have to say INTS occured at a rapid rate- perhaps it was my horrible pair of QBs. Sometimes I felt as though I was playing Tecmo Bowl (the one with 12 teams), since it seemed anyone covering a player would pick it off, even players with low INT ratings. I felt like Howie Long was going to make his way on the field and corral 5 INTS.

The most annoying feature was the number of times computer controlled RBs would take it to the house. I mean once the first tackle was missed RB after RB would scamper 50, 60, 70 yards without even a possibility of catching the guy, especially with the computer "help" diving far too soon in an attempt to bring the RB down. Greg Little (a rookie WR from Cleveland) is breaking tackles against LBs and Safeties, and running 40 plus for a TD. I mean c'mon. Vonta Leach, a fullback, was like Emmitt Smith in terms of speed and elusiveness. With his HP, none of my LBs or Safeties could bring him down at first tackle, and then there he is, running untouched down the sideline, as if he is a star halfback. The game was great, and I am admittedly more inclined to the ways of TSB III, so perhaps I have some bias, but I felt like every game I was in the middle of a sprinting track meet. There were hardly any in between runs- of the four to five yard variety. Either I would dive at the RB and get him at or behind the line of scrimmage, or he would bust a tackle and zoom for an enormous chunk of yardage. Maybe the original TSB has always played like that, and it could be I just haven't played it in awhile, but the experience definitely drew me further toward the feel and style of TSB III, where WRs, will almost never break the tackle of a LB. TSB is too much of a button mashing game for my liking.

That being said, I appreciate the hard work that went into the ROM....

I finally tried my hand at this ROM, and I have to say I found it extremely difficult. I decided to choose the Bengals to make the experience trying, but often it was virtually impossible to win. I went 9-7.....9-7.....against computer opponents. Playing against Pittsburgh was a lost cause. I lost count of the number of times Cedric Bensen fumbled the ball. While it was nice to have a challenge playing a TSB game, I do have to say INTS occured at a rapid rate- perhaps it was my horrible pair of QBs. Sometimes I felt as though I was playing Tecmo Bowl (the one with 12 teams), since it seemed anyone covering a player would pick it off, even players with low INT ratings. I felt like Howie Long was going to make his way on the field and corral 5 INTS.

The most annoying feature was the number of times computer controlled RBs would take it to the house. I mean once the first tackle was missed RB after RB would scamper 50, 60, 70 yards without even a possibility of catching the guy, especially with the computer "help" diving far too soon in an attempt to bring the RB down. Greg Little (a rookie WR from Cleveland) is breaking tackles against LBs and Safeties, and running 40 plus for a TD. I mean c'mon. Vonta Leach, a fullback, was like Emmitt Smith in terms of speed and elusiveness. With his HP, none of my LBs or Safeties could bring him down at first tackle, and then there he is, running untouched down the sideline, as if he is a star halfback. The game was great, and I am admittedly more inclined to the ways of TSB III, so perhaps I have some bias, but I felt like every game I was in the middle of a sprinting track meet. There were hardly any in between runs- of the four to five yard variety. Either I would dive at the RB and get him at or behind the line of scrimmage, or he would bust a tackle and zoom for an enormous chunk of yardage. Maybe the original TSB has always played like that, and it could be I just haven't played it in awhile, but the experience definitely drew me further toward the feel and style of TSB III, where WRs, will almost never break the tackle of a LB. TSB is too much of a button mashing game for my liking.

That being said, I appreciate the hard work that went into the ROM....

Thx for the input. My rom has a hp hack in it so it's more of a challenge to bring the runner down. I made my rom the way i did for it to be challenging......every game,and every down. Now on the int's side of it i am more than likely goin to have another hack put into my rom that uses the players quickness for int's. And i am also working on a few other things ratings numbers wise that will balance out the lb's and safety's ability to bring down rb's a lil more frequent. But all in all with the hp hack it's all about how fast is your tap,as i had jstout the hex,and hack god of tsb roms adjust the hp hack to a level that was more fair to the man player vs cpu. But yea thx for the input,but just remember my rom does have hacks in it,and i documented them all. I tried to create a rom that was a challenge whether vs cpu or a human opponent. I hope to have a updated rom out by this weekend,im behind because i got sick and am just starting to feel better,plus today my 1st cousin had lung surgery and i been trying to keep a tab on him also. But like i said hopefully i'll have my update out by this weekend,and you can download it and see if it's more to your liking. And don't forget to get in those tapping exercises before playing.....especially against peyton hillis of THE BROWNS! later.............drummer.

Does anyone know of a website that has rookie stat projection? I have one for qb's but i've been in google all moring ,and have come up empty. Thx for any links in advance guys. trying to get these sim stats done so i can release this updated rom.

I'd say just project on the super low end for all rookies now. Then, in your final release, you'll have their stats from the year to use. I hate when rookies get too much love when no one really knows what's going to happen. I'd say that rookie sim data should be somewhere in the bottom ten of their position.

$cam Newton and AJ Green both had good opening weekends but that's one game. I say love the vets that we know and make the rookies earn it.

Well even so i have quite alot more work to do on player sim ratings. This is the part i like the least as it's a llllloooooongggg process to say the least.I'll release the update as soon as i can,it will be worth the wait i assure you. There is even more graphic work than the preseason rom i released. back to work. i dont have a timetable to release this other than when this sim data is finished,everything else is done.

http://www.fftoday.com/rankings/playerproj.php?PosID=20&LeagueID=1

I found a site that has fantasy stat projections for each position. They're not all rookies, so you'll just have to find them. It's not a lot, but I hope it helps..

I appreciate it moose. But here is what i am thinking..... I am thinking i am goin to release the rom as it is,because EA has released a roster update to madden 12 and so i don't know how long it's goin to take to do all this. I will have all the season stats at the end of the year,so i could do them then. It's goin to be hard to do anything as far as the rom goes with gears of war 3 releasing monday night at midnight,and i am goin with my cousin to pick his up,and then come back to my house and play it. Just chime in and let me know what you guys think about me releasing the rom now and doin the rest of player sim stats at the end of the season. Or wait for awhile till i am finished with them. The rom i am goin to release if you guys want has the start of season rosters i haven't taken out the huge injury players that i can remember. I may do another rom with up to date rosters,with the injured players out(out for season).

"Thx for the input. My rom has a hp hack in it so it's more of a challenge to bring the runner down. I made my rom the way i did for it to be challenging......every game,and every down."- Drummer

It is interesting b/c I as well enjoy a challenge in the TSB realm, and it sure beats going 16-0 nearly every season against the computer. The second season I am in the middle of is with the Raiders. I went 11-5, and have so far, defeated Indy 20-14 in OT in the Wildcard round.

Let me see if I can articulate the "challenge" issue. What I have noticed with the game is that computer controlled WRs hardly ever miss a catch, even when covered. Meanwhile, with the team I am controlling a pass into coverage is most often a sure INT, and it doesn't seem to matter who is covering. Also, the rate at which computer defenders jump up (often from poor angles) and INT the ball is over the top. The ability to run the ball becomes nearly nil once you are 5-6 games into the season, and so I find myself running the same 2-3 plays over and over, hoping that someone will be open as I dare not throw into coverage. Also, it seems as though the rate at which human controlled players fumble is high, and the amount of dropped passes when not covered is also high. Yes, I noticed Peyton Hillis immediately, as my first game was against the Browns with the Bengals. He was quite the force, and perhaps my mashing thumb isn't seasoned enough.

Anyway....get well, and I don't mean this to be a scathing review. It is just some things that "jump out" at me (like a computer controlled defender....

Cheap Catch

To hopefully cut the cpu int rate i am putting the quickness for int hack into the rom. I think and hope it evens things out a lil. And about the same 2-3 plays....don't forget you can change your entire playbook at any time during a game. Barring some kind of craziness i will be releasing the updated rom,in the next hour or so. It has updated background,and letter color updated. new cinema screens(see if you can find them!) I have tweaked every teams sim rating,and playbook. So check back around 9:30-10 pm tonight est for the update download!

Ok guys i'm a lil late but i'm here to post the update! New in the update.....new background letter color, couple of jersey changes, team sim ratings tweaked,player sim ratings tweaked,team colors tweaked, playbooks tweaked, quickness for interceptions hack added (thx bruddog,and jstout!) also kr/pr position moved back a lil. and some graphic changes...see if you can find them..(post what you find) The sim ratings i think worked out ok,i worked on them quite a bit,simmed,and tweaked till it was what i thought was reasonable. I don't know yet wheather i will release a roster/rating update each month or every 3 months. Chime in with what you think. These rosters are starting season rosters noone has been removed that has been injured,and out for the year. i will at some point release a rom update with current rosters with injured players taken out. I just didn't think it was right to already remove some of the best players in the league. i have been sick,and still aren't 100% but i'll get there so forgive the long delay between updates. In this update is also included 1. updated rom 2.please read document. 3. a cover i plan on using to put on a cartridge for my rom (thanks tecmopsycho!). 4. a list of hacks. hope you guys enjoy the update please post any problems you encounter...drummer out!