Play as 2nd player against CPU (Player 2)

• 4 months later...

Well if you guys are up for the challenge, consider this a DONE DEAL!!! How great are you from the other side of the screen?
Here it is for Preseason, Pro Bowl, & Season modes.

post-10030-13413730266919_thumb.jpg

The functionality was already in place, so I pointed to it and voila!. I haven't tested it in the 32-team rom yet but will do soon.
You can still play from the left side in preseason and pro bowl modes if you wish.

*** Must note that you must use Controller 2 in your emulator. Don't forget to post your results!

Edit: Works on 32-team rom as well. Here are the set commands:

SET(0x1E203, 0x20434F4D205653204D414E2020)
SET(0x201B9, 0xA9208575)

SET(0x2086b, 0xA9208575)
SET(0x214BF, 0xEAEA)

Enjoy

Player 2 TSB.zip

Edited by Knobbe
Bruddog found out a couple were miskeyed

• 9 months later...

try this (I don't think the code in this thread is valid):

Change MAN vs COA to COM vs MAN w/50-50 Chance of Playing On Either Side During Season

SET(0x2019F,0x20) Preseason

SET(0x20856,0x20) Pro Bowl

SET(0x1E1B6,0x434F4D205653204D414E) Changes MAN VS COA to COM VS MAN in preseason & pro bowl menu

SET(0x214BD,0xC97F) 50/50 Chance of playing from right or left side during season on game by game basis

hmm, when i applied the set command to a 32 team rom it added the new line in the menu but if you push a on it it blacks out the game. anyone else experience this with a 32 team rom?

*for a poster with almost 2k posts, you sure seem to ask a lot of elementary "search-based" questions.

there is an entire sub-forum dedicated to tsb hacking: http://tecmobowl.org...-documentation/

*I hope you take that as encouragement.

so have you tried the code on a "virgin" rom (one that has not already been hacked to some degree)? if not, well, you know.

because the code I posted works and it what I use in my roms.

if you tried the code in this thread first, undo it. then use the latter posted code.

well, the 'pure' rom is pretty pure, but 32-team. iirc, the only hack is PA.

ok, I just went and applied the hack I posted to the 11-12 buck/rewhawl purist rom, works fine.

you must have corrupted it some other way.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

These are the correct locations

SET(0x201B9, 0xA9208575)

SET(0x2086b, 0xA9208575)

SET(0x214BF, 0xEAEA)

what?  is this just code for COM v MAN in Preseason ONLY?  

Edited by buck

• 3 weeks later...

hmm, when i applied the set command to a 32 team rom it added the new line in the menu but if you push a on it it blacks out the game. anyone else experience this with a 32 team rom?

These are the correct locations

SET(0x201B9, 0xA9208575)

SET(0x2086b, 0xA9208575)

SET(0x214BF, 0xEAEA)

what?  is this just code for COM v MAN in Preseason ONLY?  

Here is what happened.

Xplosiv applied the correct changes, he posted a couple of the address wrong.  His stuff above did black out the rom after picking teams.

I'm changing his stuff up above.

OK, I know the code I posted a year ago in "Post #7" works (does preseason and season home/away).  I was just wondering why the code bruddog just posted was different than the code I have.  Which is why I asked if maybe it was just the "preseason" version only.

OK, I know the code I posted a year ago in "Post #7" works (does preseason and season home/away).  I was just wondering why the code bruddog just posted was different than the code I have.  Which is why I asked if maybe it was just the "preseason" version only.

They might only differ in which option they replace in preseason/probowl mode.  I'm unsure of how they achieve seemingly similar season results with obviously different code.

The hack you posted was from a different Xplozv post

It replaces Man vs Coa with COM vs Man

It claims that you will randomize playing as player one or player 2 for season games

The above adds a COM vs MAN for COM vs COM

It claims to make all season games as player 2.

Probably changing Man vs COA > Com vs Com as people probably rarely use Man vs COA

I'm unsure about either change to player 2 during season mode.  Both seem to choose which player you are based on the schedule.  The first team listed is player 2.  This is based on limited testing from me.

I'd be curious as to what other people are experiencing

• 1 month later...

Here is the SNES TSB I & III version of this hack for Preseason and Pro Bowl Modes only:

SNES TSB I

x87F9 = 02 00 20 12 11 22

x1710D4 = 43 4F 4D 20 56 53 20 4D 41 4E (Changes MAN VS COA to COM VS MAN)

SNES TSB III

xA6E8 = 02 00 20 12 11 22

x1CD8D8 = 43 4F 4D 20 56 53 20 4D 41 4E (Changes MAN VS COA to COM VS MAN)

• 1 year later...

Last night I was messing around with scheduling, playoff brackets and the "home and away during season"-hack. I was trying to switch sides (P1-home vs P2-away, instead of P1-away vs P2-home, as it is now.)

I tried SET(0x214BD,0xC57F) - instead of SET(0x214BD,0xC97F). It worked, but after playing a MAN vs COM-season game stuff got scrambled (reverted back to the order of the original hack), and week SKP sort of got "forgotten". A soft reset on the Emulator fixed this, though. But not sure why, or what I did wrong. Any ideas?

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

@Martin has pointed out that this hack conflicts with jstout's 'Ultra Logic' patch: 

Can anyone confirm an issue? And if there is an issue does anyone have a suggestion for a correction? I'd love to use this along with the ultra logic patch which is a must have in my book.

Edited by SBlueman

• 4 years later...
  • 9 months later...
On 8/21/2021 at 12:26 AM, SBlueman said:

No, in fact it seems to do the opposite in the playoffs where the higher seeded team is on the player 2 side. 

You probably already know this, but to be clear, the bracket already does this on the OG rom, specifically when the winner of the 2 seed vs WC winner plays the 1 seed ( or any combination therein). No matter what, the 2 seeds part of the bracket (upper) plays at home in the Conference Championship on the OG rom.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Knobbe changed the title to Play as 2nd player against CPU (Player 2)