New way to gain Superstar Editor points?

Eric

I've read through a few topics and haven't seen this idea yet. I just did it accidentally.

I created a LB this season and assigned his points. I thought I would use nickel defense and try to use him as often as possible while still playing to win. About every other game he would get one more bar I could assign.

Then I had San Francisco on the schedule, so I went back to my usual style of play - strictly dime defense. For the first half I used Vincent Brown, in the 3rd quarter Chris Slade, and in the 4th quarter I used Willie McGinest. NE has great LBs!

On the end game stat sheet it said my created player led my team in sacks with nine. I had forgotten that if you swap a lot during a game that stats get moved around (and, from my experience, so does condition even though it says something else). So when I went back into Superstar Editor I had something like six new bars to assign.

What I'm suggesting is to play as you normally would, relying heavily on one stud player to rack up stats. Then, late in the 4th quarter, start swapping guys around and checking the stats screen (I assume it would show there) until your stud player's stats are given to your created player.

Does that make sense?

I love your topics man, keep it up. I need to do some heavier testing to prove this, but in some of my testing this is what I found.

I think in order to do a stats swap you need to swap more than one player going into a "change" screen. If you just do one player i.e. swap RB1 for RB3, and go back to the playbook screen, you do not swap stats. But if you switch RB1 for RB3 and than RB3 for RB4 than the stats swap.

Superstar Editor always was one of those wierd things with this game. If you create a Superstar and do Trade Mode have you ever noticed that you can pretty much trade that Superstar for anyone?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

or if you have action replay/game genie cheat devices you can use codes to gain infinite points for both the genesis and snes versions. the action replay for snes version to me is better than the game genie one. but if u want them just reply/message me and i will send them. i was going to post them on this board but i don't know if anyone is interested in the codes for them or not.