fatcheerleader

Random Thoughts

Another stab at killing Net Neutrality. If I absorb what the current Republican administration and branch majority intimates with their various proposals, including drafted tax reform:

Democrats get hounded by right-wingers for wanting government to control our lives.

Republicans "less government is more government" credo exists to supplant regulation power from elected officials (who can be voted out), and put it squarely into the pocket of big business/the rich (who answer to their shareholders' insatiable requirement for continued added profits).

Am I missing something? So, we either get f*cked by Democrats who get bought out by the political leanings of their corporate sponsors, or we get f*cked by Republicans who give all of that regulation power to their corporation constituents, where we get f*cked by big business itself, as allowed by the Republican gate keepers.

Democrats look good when they regulate the big bad corporations from f*cking the majority of us as a PR masqurade.

Republicans look good by scaling down government reach, lightening regulations, and then acting as a kind of theatrical sheriff when they hold the corporations "accountable" as a PR masquerade.

Basically, what I'm getting at, is the majority of Americans--one way or the other--are f*cked no matter what. No matter who leads our government.

Edited by Maynard_G_Krebs

democrats bailed out the banks, majority of obamas cabinet was picked by Citibank before he was even elected. Hillary is in with the banks, too. Yeah we're fucked either way.  it's all the same. I think that's why there is such an uproar over trump, he is kind of an outsider.

Sounds about right. Comes down to which shit sandwich we prefer and whether you believe in individual responsibilities or entitlements. MGK I think you hit the nail right on the head and Buck, you're right. Trump threatens the status quo which is exactly why voters are turning on the "never Trump" republicans. They're basically Democrats. Or maybe we should have a different name for the establishment cocksuckers ruining our country economically and socially. 

I picture them something like this....

wile._timeclock.jpg

5 hours ago, OL' Dirty Tecmo said:

Sounds about right. Comes down to which shit sandwich we prefer and whether you believe in individual responsibilities or entitlements. MGK I think you hit the nail right on the head and Buck, you're right. Trump threatens the status quo which is exactly why voters are turning on the "never Trump" republicans. They're basically Democrats. Or maybe we should have a different name for the establishment cocksuckers ruining our country economically and socially. 

I picture them something like this....

wile._timeclock.jpg

There is a name for them. The ruling class.

I think a really great name for a tragically hip band these days would be,

Kibbe Dende

... This, after having just-viewed this trash for the first time, EVA:

Read all the top comments, too:  they funny as funk.

I just want take a moment from our days to not forget, and reflect on the "We Are Wall Street" email copy that was being passed around in 2010 as a response to proposals that would cap Wall Street bonuses following/during the recession. It reads like a holiday card, if the point of a holiday card was to tell someone, "F*ck You" and "We could end your livelihood anytime we choose." 

###

"We are Wall Street. It's our job to make money. Whether it's a commodity, stock, bond, or some hypothetical piece of fake paper, it doesn't matter. We would trade baseball cards if it were profitable. I didn't hear America complaining when the market was roaring to 14,000 and everyone's 401k doubled every 3 years. Just like gambling, its not a problem until you lose. I've never heard of anyone going to Gamblers Anonymous because they won too much in Vegas.

Well now the market crapped out, & even though it has come back somewhat, the government and the average Joes are still looking for a scapegoat. God knows there has to be one for everything. Well, here we are.

Go ahead and continue to take us down, but you're only going to hurt yourselves. What's going to happen when we can't find jobs on the Street anymore? Guess what: We're going to take yours. We get up at 5am & work till 10pm or later. We're used to not getting up to pee when we have a position. We don't take an hour or more for a lunch break. We don't demand a union. We don't retire at 50 with a pension. We eat what we kill, and when the only thing left to eat is on your dinner plates, we'll eat that.

For years teachers and other unionized labor have had us fooled. We were too busy working to notice. Do you really think that we are incapable of teaching 3rd graders and doing landscaping? We're going to take your cushy jobs with tenure and 4 months off a year and whine just like you that we are so-o-o-o underpaid for building the youth of America. Say goodbye to your overtime and double time and a half. I'll be hitting grounders to the high school baseball team for $5k extra a summer, thank you very much.

So now that we're going to be making $85k a year without upside, Joe Mainstreet is going to have his revenge, right? Wrong! Guess what: we're going to stop buying the new 80k car, we aren't going to leave the 35 percent tip at our business dinners anymore. No more free rides on our backs. We're going to landscape our own back yards, wash our cars with a garden hose in our driveways. Our money was your money. You spent it. When our money dries up, so does yours.

The difference is, you lived off of it, we rejoiced in it. The Obama administration and the Democratic National Committee might get their way and knock us off the top of the pyramid, but it's really going to hurt like hell for them when our fat a**es land directly on the middle class of America and knock them to the bottom.

We aren't dinosaurs. We are smarter and more vicious than that, and we are going to survive. The question is, now that Obama & his administration are making Joe Mainstreet our food supply…will he? and will they?"

Game over, man. Republicans are going to wait until this farce of a tax bill is passed, then they're all coming for Trump.
"Flynn to testify Trump 'directed him to make contact with the Russians': report"

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/362773-flynn-to-testify-trump-directed-him-to-make-contact-with-the

Even if Trump goes down (which right or wrong he likely won't) we'll have President Pence. Which will put to bed 99% of the divisive rhetoric directed towards Trump bc of his perceived unhinged behavior. Everyone should be happy about that, right? Wrong. The far-left won't be happy until the racist Constitution is in shreds. I'd rather be embarrassed by Trump than my children starving under communism. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/29/137-economists-support-gop-tax-reform-bill-in-open-letter-commentary.html

ABC News reports that Flynn “is prepared to testify that Donald Trump directed him to make contact with the Russians, initially as a way to work together to fight ISIS in Syria.”

Oh, another non-story. OK.

14 minutes ago, stalltalk said:

ABC News reports that Flynn “is prepared to testify that Donald Trump directed him to make contact with the Russians, initially as a way to work together to fight ISIS in Syria.”

Wishful thinking. Flynn didn't out-and-out lie to the FBI unless that dude knew some bad shit. In this case, how free he becomes from his plea will be indicative of the level of shit he knew. This is only going to get worst, TB-org Republicans, not better. And if you think I'm happy about this; I'm not. America is dragging ass right now.

4 minutes ago, stalltalk said:

It's probably a talking point otherwise it wouldn't have "leaked." The left needs something. It's been a tough year for them, maybe the worst. MGK, people lie for various reasons. But I'm sure Flynn (a once Obama appointee) can be trusted now lol. I'm surprised you're buying this at face value, but I understand. Also, If Roy Moore wins despite the allegations they are fucked through 2018, 2020, and beyond. And deservedly so.

With all these sexual misconduct allegations in (marginally) leftist Hollywood and left-leaning media outlets (nbc, vice, vox) no wonder they were all lobbying for the wife of Bill Clinton. She looks the other way. 

I find it wonderful that the biggest vocal advocates for equality are the biggest misogynists of them all. Guilty conscience maybe? Same with the half-bucket of white-privilege soaked liberals who try to hide their guilt and prejudice through pretending to be liberal. It's been a good year. Hopefully we can get some legislation done someday.

In other news, I read a report that gay marriage is not being taken advantage of like expected.

^ Nonsense in regard to my interaction with this story.

My only investment in this is for corruption and abuse of power to be spotlighted, and the perpetrators dealt with in (wishfully thinking) the harshest possible way. Republicans, Democrats, all of them. I have no party. I think party loyalists are fools. Trump is corrupt. Anyone who has spent any time actually reading about this guy (or simply opened your eyes), his business deals, his "friends," etc.. Dude is a scumbag. That anyone could think this sociopathic piece of sh*t is America's last great hope is disturbing.

The right is LOVING the sexual misconduct stories coming out of the Hollywood, as if it proves liberals in power don't abide by their own projected belief system. Yeah, no shit. Because people are terrible, and people in power are more terrible, and that's a non-partisan fact. I do enjoy how frequently the right puts themselves on a fictitious high moral ground, when male prostitution sky-rocketed during the RNC convention in Cleveland while the family man, hetero Repubs watch dogs were there. It's all laughable.

I have little reason to believe anyone in power--political, monetary, whatevs--gives a f*ck about anyone but themselves. When Student Loan companies like Navient can unabashedly go on public record saying, 'It's not our responsibility to look out for the well-being of the people we provide loans to. It's not our responsibility to vet them to see if they're able to pay these loans back. Predatory lending is our right,' to me that equates to what this country is about now: ethics-less capitalism. I'll make money over your dead body, and I'm the hero of this story.

I agree with you. But you're turning a blind eye to the point you just said yourself. Anyone in power has a higher likelihood to be or become corrupted. It's how they get and stay ahead. But one party in particular panders to those who are disenfranchised by lying to them, and fucking them over some more. 

Republicans used to be the party of big-business. Those lines have blurred under recent years even though Democrats raise corporate tax. Why? Easy. Illegal immigration which essentially lowers the minimum wage. Precisely against what they claim to want. No wonder Trump won. Eat Crow? Nope. Let's double down and call half the country racist instead.

As far as the Republicans and their shit side of the same coin... At least you kind of have an idea where they're coming from. If prostitution and not honoring their values (which you're assuming all Republicans are Religious - which is stupid) is the best you got. Well, that's THEIR business. It's bad form considering their position but again... I'll take consensual prostitution over someone starting a children's charity so they can get closer to their victims any day. 

And sorry if I assumed you're a Democrat. I don't recall reading a true conservative point from you, but my memory isn't the best. When's the last time you voted for a Republican for major office?

"Anyone in power has a higher likelihood to be or become corrupted."

I agree with the sentiment, but disagree with the overarching premise, in that I think people in power who become more corrupt were always somewhat corrupt to begin with. You have to want the danger before you get in trouble. And the want, I would argue, had already been there. The corrupt in power just have a larger platform to experience and evoke their corruption on a grander, more self-serving scale.

I disagree with your economic points about immigration. It's way more multi-faceted than that statement gives it credit for. That being said, all sides of the argument are widely debatable, so I'll leave that there. I will say, though, that Democrats would have been wise to eat sh*t publicly after the lost election. Would have been super humbling from the public's perspective. They blew it because they're arrogant f*ckers just like their Republican counterparts. And then you have Hillary running around making derogatory excuses "What Happened" about all of it. Idiots.

I disagree with your 'at least you know where the Repubs are coming from.' They say they're for less government for the ultimate sakes of middle-class. It's bullsh*t. Just like the Democrats, they exist to increase the take home of their wealthy and powerful constituents. Just a sometimes different assortment of constituents. It's all bullshit.

If the most ardent personal (religious) Republican values are lies and tossed to the wayside by those who believe them, then how the f*ck is anyone supposed to believe the intention of who they're trying to represent within government? Or their ideas? Or... anything? Democrats may largely be a pile of humanistic heathens, but at least they're not laying down false ground about being holier than thou, when everyone should know by now that they're (politicians) mostly all giant pieces of sh*t.

I voted for G.W. in his first term. I can even vividly remember thinking it was a good thing a Republican was in office after 9/11, because I believed (and still do) that Democrats are more often than not bigger wimps. I began to regret that decision sometime in 2003 when it became clear his administration had entered Iraq for political reasons, and that all of the WMD "intelligence" was bullsh*t, and always had been. Sometime prior to the second term, it became clear to me Cheney was essentially running the show, and I haven't looked back since, in terms of an appreciation of anything Republican. Thousands of Americans died (and continue to, let alone the over 100,000+ middle eastern civilians as collateral damage--and yet, Benghazi is somehow a thing) as prompted because of the Bush/Cheney American international racketeering.

What I'm trying to say is that if someone said "Republicans are in the pocket of big pharma" there would be little to no surprise. But if someone said "Democrats are just as racist" there would be uproar. 

Sure, Republicans support pro-life then want to abandon entitlements to the child because they believe in each individual making their own way. Democrats tell you society has oppressed you so much you are owed something. They might as well come right out and say "you can't do it yourself." That's pretty much where we are imo. 

Who's to say what "x" you're born with our self-inflict is better or worse than the other? You're right though, it is all bullshit. Thanks for this chat btw.

20 minutes ago, OL' Dirty Tecmo said:

Democrats tell you society has oppressed you so much you are owed something. They might as well come right out and say "you can't do it yourself." That's pretty much where we are imo.

Democrats definitely do play the victim card. Mostly, they play it for the poor vote. And frankly, with the wealth gap being the worst it's been in well over a century, so I don't blame them for it. You can say I'm playing the victim card by calling out the class war that is going on now, but my perspective (which I've said in the above messages) is that people with wealth and power are fine with f*cking all of us. ALL of us. Squash us right under their feet. To me, it's not playing the victim card; it further establishes the premise that the rich and powerful will destroy the have-nots anyway they can if it means them keeping their positions of power.

Mostly everyone reflects on when the guillotines came out in France as a 'pro-the-people move.' Yet, when in 21st century America you bring up the class war that is happening, critics (mostly Repubs) say you're 'over-reacting' or playing the 'victim card.' It's depressing in it's obvious political party Stockholm syndrome. It's like middle America knowingly pulling their pants down to get ass-raped by the rich and powerful, and then defending their rapists while they're at it. "It's not them, it's me! If I had just been richer, I could have joined them in the raping instead of being the one getting raped!"

All I want from my government is to be left the fuck alone.

Leave my rights alone, leave my money alone, leave my conscience alone.  Leave the constitution alone.  

I don't care which party provides this feature.

Right now, it is the republicans.  

Democrats want to take my money, take my rights, and fuck with my conscience.  They also want to obviously tweak and or dismantle the constitution.

MGK, I agree to a point, but would add that the United States is historically and arguably still the best place to be born and/or migrate to raise your family and flourish. People risk their lives to come here and that's also gotten out of control, despite the claims of class war, racism, and whatever. So while technically you're correct, the starving rest of the world disagrees. Kind of funny when you think about how much time Dems spend taking about even more immigration and also how oppressed minorities are at the same time. Sometimes, they should acknowledge that you can change your life here if you want to. The victim mentality crushes that.

Edited by OL' Dirty Tecmo

What about this so-called net-neutrality?

Isn't ending this "net neutrality" essentially a reduction of government control?

Yet some people describe ending so-called net-neutrality as a loss of freedom or some step to authoritarianism???

How is a reduction of government intervention a "loss of freedom"?

there was no net-neutrality until 2015? Dude, when I look at the timeline, net-neutrality actually fucked the internet.

2 minutes ago, buck said:

What about this so-called net-neutrality?

Isn't ending this "net neutrality" essentially a reduction of government control?

Yet some people describe ending so-called net-neutrality as a loss of freedom or some step to authoritarianism???

How is a reduction of government intervention a "loss of freedom"?

there was no net-neutrality until 2015? Dude, when I look at the timeline, net-neutrality actually fucked the internet.

From what I've gathered, the government would still control the internet. But it would be through the corporations that fund the politics of this nation that would be doing the controlling. And those corporations would charge more for services that didn't fit their agenda or worldview. I guess it would be like if some super right-wing big-wig of Comcast decided that TSB.org was a left-wing propoganda site, so he tells his company to charge people $5 a month extra if they want to go onto that site (and any other site they deem "left-wing"). 

And it's time for a good old-fashioned Pocky Rant:

As you know, I live in the South, where I interact with some people who have rather.......unsavory views of minorities. Yet a lot of those same people say that racism no longer exists, and that the only reason that minorities struggle is because they don't work hard enough. But at the same time, those rednecks/uber-conservatives are deathly afraid of the country being overrun by hispanics and foreigners. I'd love to ask them "Why are you so afraid of being a minority in this country? Racism doesn't exist, remember?"

Pocky Rant #2:

Dear Democrats: Trump is a terrible president who has done a great job of dividing this country. He acts like a toddler and seems to do everything in his power to help out the rich elite of the country while ignoring the regular folks. His administration is run by incompetent men, some of who have ties with the KKK or other such organizations. 

That doesn't make Hillary Clinton a saint. She's also a terrible person and is possibly one of the most corrupt people in the history of the United States. Stop talking about her like she would have solved all the world's problems. And to Trump supporters, stop blaming her for all of your President's faults. 

Pocky Rant #3: 

Maybe colleges would be better if the money I pay went towards the teachers, supplies, and maintaining the crumbling buildings around campus, rather than the salaries of the school's administrators and president. Just a thought. And to the people running this country, giving tax money to education doesn't make you a weak communist. Just throwing that out there.