fatcheerleader

Random Thoughts

I in no way think Tebow should be on a roster and my post said nothing of the sort. Another point misconstrued for social use on T-Borg? NO WAY!

I said social outrage. Tebow isn't good enough for the NFL. Kap isn't either. The difference is everyone is crying out for all the wrong reasons. Tebow has his rabid faith-based fans too. The player and point are nearly identical. The difference is the paper thin skin of one side having another tantrum about something that shouldn't matter. It is forced equality.

I keep my kids and my wife the hell away from black neighborhoods in Tampa when visiting parks and restaurants downtown. Am I a racist? Is there inequality because a white family won't walk through black neighborhoods?  Am I profiling people because I know these areas are completely unsafe and chose to not put my family in harm's way?

7 minutes ago, Maynard_G_Krebs said:

Try not to take it personally; I think pretty much everyone is full of shit most of the time. <3

And I use "bullshit" here in a context of, like, when you call a friend an 'asshole' as a goof.

It's always bullshit on the Borg. That assumption is always made, asshole.

28 minutes ago, davefmurray said:

I in no way think Tebow should be on a roster and my post said nothing of the sort. Another point misconstrued for social use on T-Borg? NO WAY!

I don't see where anyone thought you said that.   

30 minutes ago, drunken_honkey said:

Fyi, I don't really feel like Tebow got more opportunities because he was white.  I was just trolling a lil bit.  

I admitted I was trolling.  I was also being sarcastic with the white + distractions + bad stats comment..  Thought that's what the emoji 😒 was conveying.   

30 minutes ago, davefmurray said:

I said social outrage.

But I meant the 3 opportunities statement.  The reason there was not as much outrage (and there was outrage) is that 3 teams gave Tim a chance.  Think most people saw why he wasn't gonna be signed again.  Only hardcore Tebowlers are still outraged.  Kap was not given another chance.  Thats their big complaint. (I don't lose sleep over Kap, he made his bed.  You have to take responsibility for your own actions and accept what ever comes your way.  Good or bad.)  I also will not be outraged if a team signs him.   

41 minutes ago, davefmurray said:

I keep my kids and my wife the hell away from black neighborhoods in Tampa when visiting parks and restaurants downtown. Am I a racist? Is there inequality because a white family won't walk through black neighborhoods?  Am I profiling people because I know these areas are completely unsafe and chose to not put my family in harm's way?

No, no and no.  But again we were talking free speech.  Inequality talk is a separate conversation.   I still don't want to go any further down that rabid hole.  And that's not a typo. 

I knew I should of said Kathy Griffin.  But this is a sports site.  Tried to tie that in.  Didn't mean to bring in his actions, just the consequence of his action.

4 minutes ago, drunken_honkey said:

Didn't mean to bring in his actions, just the consequence of his action.

That is the whole point. It has nothing to do with the action itself. He could have videotaped an upper decker at the north pole.  He created a freaking media circus. I wouldn't hire his ass to do data entry let only be the face of a multi-billion dollar company.

giphy.gif

Here's a Random Thought.  If we created a show called TBorg Random Thoughts, which consisted of everyone who has posted in this thread sitting at a roundtable (live) saying exactly the things we have posted here (all at the same time, like one big random out of focus argument) and it aired on ESPN, we would put those MFers like Skip Bayless, Shannon Sharpe, Max Kellerman and Stephen A out of business.  First Take, my ass.  How about 26 takes all at the same time.

1 hour ago, drunken_honkey said:

My buddies and me will just randomly do our Tracy Morgan voice.... Skip Bayless is always my go to.

Skip Bayless.jpg

58 minutes ago, OL' Dirty Tecmo said:

I finally have something to say here:

I'm Brian Fellows!

7 hours ago, Bodom said:

Here's a Random Thought.  If we created a show called TBorg Random Thoughts, which consisted of everyone who has posted in this thread sitting at a roundtable (live) saying exactly the things we have posted here (all at the same time, like one big random out of focus argument) and it aired on ESPN, we would put those MFers like Skip Bayless, Shannon Sharpe, Max Kellerman and Stephen A out of business.  First Take, my ass.  How about 26 takes all at the same time.

I would honestly love to see Buck do this live. He is constantly trying to re-explain himself because nearly all of us misconstrue his tone all the time.  "No, dumb ass. That is not what I said." would be his tagline. I would definitely watch this. 💯

8 minutes ago, davefmurray said:

I would honestly love to see Buck do this live. He is constantly trying to re-explain himself because nearly all of us misconstrue his tone all the time.  "No, dumb ass. That is not what I said." would be his tagline. I would definitely watch this. 💯

I have a face for radio and a mongrel dialect. If you could get past that, we can go places, baby.

Edited by buck

I come back from work, and I see that I've missed a ton. 

Anyways, Buck, I bet that your dialect is way easier to understand than some of the people I'm around. 

On 11/2/2017 at 5:59 PM, davefmurray said:

I know you at least have an interest in these cases and am surprised you aren't aware of this. This was BIG NEWS over summer when it was decided to go to Supreme Court. Colorado Civil Rights Commissioner Diann Rice called the baker a Nazi.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/26/us-supreme-court-colorado-gay-wedding-cake-case/

Ah. I recognized the cake part but didn't know any of the particulars.

So:

Two guys walk into a bakery. They ask for a cake to be made to celebrate their marriage.  The baker refuses.  This case has made it's way to the supreme court.

There is a very compelling argument here that the baker's first amendment rights are being violated. Would he be sued if someone came in wearing no shoes and he refused to give them service? Should he be required also to make a cake to celebrate a divorce? An execution? etc? At what point is in unreasonable to turn down business?

There is a very compelling argument here that this baker is discriminating against these people. If he can refuse to sell to them, can every business in the area do the same so that "those people" will just go away? TBH I don't know. Either decision involves all us gaining and losing something.

Here's been my issue for the last couple of pages: at no point did it seem like Buck was arguing about the legality of denying service to a person based on their identity...his argument has been that people are being forced to make things they consider obscene which are two very different things.  The first amendment is under fire, I"m told, because of stuff like the following scenarios that I assume aren't actual issues.

And why is this different from forcing acake maker (wTho identifies as a Christian) to attend a religious LGBTQ ceremony and/or create acake with an overtly pro homo erotic message?

two people that live in Massachusetts come to your bakery store in Nebraska. they ask you to create a specialcake for them, with a certain message written on it and a certain arrangement of plastic statues (perhaps two men in top hats in a 69 arrangement, but I digress.)

Thus my asking for a link....maybe there is some dumb court case that is debating the above (or the even more implausible things) . I doubt it.

I don't necessarily think that Buck is trying to make inauthentic arguments as much as he's simply reading too much news that presents him with commentary on news masquerading as news...especially if it's about an issue he's particularly passionate about (This is true to some level for all of us). The Mike Cernovich pedo nambla antifa poster that was a plant at some Mike Ceronvich protest? Does that make sense or does that serve to confirm a believe that an identity is under attack? A pro-pedophile group has come to attack a guy speaking on a campus? A guy known for planting false flags and conspiracies?  Do you even know who Mike Cernovich is? (I didn't until I saw people pointing out what had happened well before this was posted here)

Circling back to the big problem of identity politics...the issue I see is how easy it is currently to manipulate us into thinking that the purpose of other groups is to destroy the group one might associate with.

I did not and do not know (still) who Mike Ceronvich is... I can gather that he is WHITEY, though.  I just came across the protest image.

did you see the article I posted above?  the one about the person who "was gay" and got a job, and then in the meantime between taking the job (and losing it), became "not gay anymore" - and then had the job rescinded due to the fact that the person became ungay.  whew.  

talk about discrimination.

and Matt, the way I (still) see it -> the baker is not discriminating against the IDENTITY of the client (as you say), he is discriminating against the HOMO-EROTIC MESSAGE HE HAS BEEN ASKED TO CREATE.   

if the baker were to "discriminate" against the client, then they would totally deny service and sales and kick the person out of his store (or something like that).  and that is not the case - the baker does not want to create the message he is being asked to create.  at least that is how I read it, based on what the baker has said. 

so, I think maybe you have understood my message, but you seem to disagree on how/why the baker is discriminating?

again, I say let freedom ring and let them not eat cake.

Edited by buck

15 minutes ago, buck said:

I just came across the protest image.

It wasn't a protest image, it was a plant at a protest. Identity politics = someone trying to make people think that somewhere out there pro-pedophila groups are proudly marching. Does that make sense at all? Here it is on this site being used to prove a point based on it being real. Neat.

20 minutes ago, buck said:

if the baker were to "discriminate" against the client, then they would totally deny service and sales and kick the person out of his store (or something like that).  and that is not the case - the baker does not want to create the message he is being asked to create.  at least that is how I read it, based on what the baker has said. 

so, I think maybe you have understood my message, but you seem to disagree on how/why the baker is discriminating?

The guy won't sell them a wedding cake because he believes a marriage should only be between a man and woman.  He will sell anyone else getting married a wedding cake. Thus, he won't sell to certain people based on their beliefs. At no point was the actual cake design or message discussed.

Buck, I think the recent "It's okay to be white" campaign or movement or statement or joke or whatever it is, portrays what you've been trying to say. And maybe a little bit what you're missing. Meaning, I get the whole "slippery slope" angle, but at the same time don't sweat the small stuff.

Only the dumbest and most hypocritical of motherfuckers would find this sign offensive. So naturally, there's investigations and trigger-warnings going off. Hook, line and sinker. Idiots.

https://squawker.org/culture-wars/4chaniotbw/

Screenshot_20171104-085146.png