fatcheerleader

Random Thoughts

If you're gonna use religion as a scape goat, what should be done to that person if they're caught breaking the very rules that they say they must follow? Fines? Prison? Reparations to those they refused?  A blind eye?  Free pass?  Does one's religious beliefs trump Civil Rights laws?  American laws? Can he stone his wife?  Sacrifice his kids if he says God told him to?  

Slippery slopes man.... gays today, minorities tomorrow.....

The times, they are a changing...

Edited by drunken_honkey

38 minutes ago, drunken_honkey said:

If you're gonna use religion as a scape goat, what should be done to that person if they're caught breaking the very rules that they say they must follow? Fines? Prison? Reparations to those they refused?  A blind eye?  Free pass?  Does one's religious beliefs trump Civil Rights laws?  American laws? Can he stone his wife?  Sacrifice his kids if he says God told him to?  

Slippery slopes man.... gays today, minorities tomorrow.....

The times, they are a changing...

You are blurring the lines of rules/laws and beliefs to make a point. This is total nonsense. 

2 hours ago, Knobbe said:

Please post the relevant news articles

I know you at least have an interest in these cases and am surprised you aren't aware of this. This was BIG NEWS over summer when it was decided to go to Supreme Court. Colorado Civil Rights Commissioner Diann Rice called the baker a Nazi.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/26/us-supreme-court-colorado-gay-wedding-cake-case/

I get that all of you are being all serious and stuff, but I just want to say that I really enjoy this community and the poster on here. I just wish I had more time to play TSB (or that i had the dedication to play more than 8 games into a season before quitting and changing teams).

actually, regarding Spacey, it should be "pedophilia yesterday, gay today"

and read the sign below, nuckle. your beloved identity politics at work, Komrade.

identfa.thumb.jpg.3b4c6aac4f65aec42856e9e75bdd7914.jpg

Edited by buck

1 hour ago, buck said:

Let's see where the Supreme Court goes. If it sides with forced expression, then yes, shit will get real bad and real Kevin spacey.

I actually agree with the first half of this.  But It has nothing to do with religion.  Or gays.  Even if I don't think of chefs as artists, It's recognized as an art form.  So there in that fact would I say one should not be forced to make art.  I was just pointing out that this guy is using religion as a scape goat.   IMO.  Hiding behind one's religion can be just as dangerous as suppressing one's freedom of speech.  Just like comparing being gay with pedophilia...

Edited by drunken_honkey

9 minutes ago, drunken_honkey said:

I actually agree with the first half of this.  But It has nothing to do with religion.  Or gays.  Even if I don't think of chefs as artists, It's recognized as an art form.  So there in that fact would I say one should not be forced to make art.  I was just pointing out that this guy is using religion as a scape goat.   IMO.  Hiding behind one's religion can be just as dangerous as suppressing one freedom of speech.  Just like comparing being gay with pedophilia...

that is what I am saying.  (and I agree that "hiding" behind a religion is dangerous, but who are you to judge another's religion and that person's sincerity?)

and I am adding to that, who cares if it's "religion" or "insanity" or "knobbe logic" that is the reason for denying creating art?  who can decide what is a valid reason, a totalitarian government made of an elite few? 

therefore I conclude that the best solution is to LEAVE THE ARTIST THE FUCK ALONE if he doesn't want to make art for you.  ie, don't sue him or call him a NAZI.  walk the fuck away and go get a cake from someone who actually wants to make it for you or actually wants to come to your religious gay wedding ceremony.

regarding gay v pedo, they are both deviant sexual lifestyle choices.  so they are comparable.

Edited by buck

Then why call out Hill for speaking her mind on her twitter account on her time?  You went straight to insulting her...  Kind of hard to tell where you really stand on issues when you do that sort of thing.  

Or am I just missing the difference?

Look, this whole bit over the last couple of pages was based on me trying to show why I am sick of all the ignorant, devicive identity politics that are swamping the nation. They are dangerous, and they will only result in loss of freedom and shit getting fucked up. (In my opinion).

jamelle hill, by calling our president a white supremacist (and therefore any supporter of him a white supremacist), while surely supported by me in her "right" to speak her mind, showed herself to be a dangerous exploiter of identity politics. On top of that, due to the fact that ESPN didn't fire her sorry ass, (I admit I am resentful, ) because I believe her excuse is due to her black/woman privilege, that she seems to have exploited. And then she did it again.

Edited by buck

I asked a direct question and the answer you chose to give me was that.  Shame, thought this was going good.

Glad we had this chat.  I have a better picture of where you are coming from.  I bid you g'nite.

Adult mode is now turned off.

P.S.  What a happy-shitty day for Houston Sports fans huh... You've won the World Series.... oh, and by the way The Texan's season is over.... Congrats!!!

Wtf, dude? You got a problem with my reasoning? I was resentful because any white person who pulled some shit like that on Obama or some tranny would have been fired. Or do you not know what the fuck has went down? My insults towards her are also directed at ESPN, who approved her devicive identity politics message. Fuck both of them.

i have a better picture of where you are coming from, honk. I won't go into it. 

I will come out and say right now, that the label "white supremacist" is equivalent to me as "ni66er", for white people. If you think it's cool to label white people as white supremacists (people who claim that they are not, and denounce white supremacists) then you are fucked, in my opinion.  That is crossing the line and to call someone a white supremacist is a fucking horseshit accusation, and an insult.

Oh well, Might as well throw another insult at me like the other cool guys do around here. Pop in, insult, avoid issue at hand, leave, repeat.

yes, that was an awesome World Series, I was pulling for htown. Glad to see them win it.

Edited by buck

6 hours ago, buck said:

Wtf, dude? You got a problem with my reasoning? I was resentful because any white person who pulled some shit like that on Obama or some tranny would have been fired. Or do you not know what the fuck has went down? My insults towards her are also directed at ESPN, who approved her devicive identity politics message. Fuck both of them.

i have a better picture of where you are coming from, honk. I won't go into it. 

I will come out and say right now, that the label "white supremacist" is equivalent to me as "ni66er", for white people. If you think it's cool to label white people as white supremacists (people who claim that they are not, and denounce white supremacists) then you are fucked, in my opinion.  That is crossing the line and to call someone a white supremacist is a fucking horseshit accusation, and an insult.

Oh well, Might as well throw another insult at me like the other cool guys do around here. Pop in, insult, avoid issue at hand, leave, repeat.

I asked direct question on what is the difference in hills freedom of speech and the bakers, and why is it okay to insult one and the other I should walk away?  What I got from you is it depends on what you believe.  I was hoping that you'd agree, walk the fuck away... get your news from some one who doesn't offend your ideas.  They both should be left to the consumers $$$.  But your reply states that if she or anyone says something you don't like, (which is the most important thing the 1st Amendment gives us) you are okay with insults, and not just okay, you will do it yourself.  Forced compliance or firings.  But only if I agree with it.  There's no other way to read your response.   I'm not assuming anything.   I'm not avoiding the issue.  Or again am I missing the difference between the two?  

7 hours ago, buck said:

I will come out and say right now, that the label "white supremacist" is equivalent to me as "ni66er", for white people.

You know how I know white supremacist isn't as bad a the "N" word?  You didn't have to spell it "wh1t3 supr3mac1st"....  But from your earlier responses I'm not shocked you feel that way.  I whole heartedly disagree.  But i'm not going to begin to argue this.  You're free to say and feel whatever.  But freedom of speech is not freedom from consequence.  Ask Kap...  

And please do tell me where you think I'm coming from?  I don't speak in tongues... Just read this whole thread and I've stated exactly how I feel.    

So again, (No underlining meaning) I have a better understanding of where you are coming from.  (PLEASE DON'T READ MORE INTO THAT STATEMENT THAN IS THERE)  g'day.

I think everyone forgets that Kap was benched cause his team was 1-10, he was throwing for less than 200yds game and the team was sliding fast. All this other nonsense aside, the bro wasn't the greatest QB. Soooooo, distraction + not great stats = no contract for you. Where is the social outrage for Tebow? 

I want a shirt that says, "Sorry, bros. Kap sucks at football".

I didn't forget, but I also know that QBs are a premium in the league.  Brock is getting his 4th chance.... without the protest Kap would be on a team today.  Prolly benched again, but would be on a team.

And Tebow had 3 opportunities... So I could be an ass and say white + distraction + not great stats = 3 chances... But I won't say that.  😒

7 minutes ago, drunken_honkey said:

And Tebow had 3 opportunities... So I could be an ass and say white + distraction + not great stats = 3 chances... But I won't say that.  😒

Belichick is the ultimate litmus test for QBs. Josh McDaniels convinced Belichick to give Tebow a shot. He didn't last beyond two weeks in the preseason. If you're looking for a reason why Tebow isn't in the league, it's because Belichick essentially told the league he's not worth it, by cutting him in the preseason. Belichick has made a career off of trading backup QBs on the upsell. That he wasn't able to find any credible value in Tebow was the death-knell for that dude's football career.

Edited by Maynard_G_Krebs

I think Dave's post was more about Kaepernick sucking and less about Tebow (with Tebow being mentioned for social outrage purposes).  Kaep had a game in which he threw for 4 yards.  4 passing yards!  While Bill cut Tebow, he didn't even give Kaep a chance... and it's not like Bill doesn't give guys who could potentially be a distraction a chance (Dillon, Moss, Ocho, etc.).

Now I'm not saying Kaepernick totally sucks, he's gifted athletically, but he has to FIT a team's system in order for him to succeed.  What a concept!  The social outrage I have seen is simply uneducated.  If people want to make a case for the Texans to sign Kaep, I would totally understand.  Seems like it might work.  If Cam goes down in CAR, sure... there might be a handful of teams here.  But anyone who has recently bashed the Pats for not considering him (and there's been plenty of it via sports talk shows, twitter, etc.) is out of their fucking mind and downright ignorant.

26 minutes ago, Bodom said:

I think Dave's post was more about Kaepernick sucking and less about Tebow (with Tebow being mentioned for social outrage purposes).  Kaep had a game in which he threw for 4 yards.  4 passing yards!  While Bill cut Tebow, he didn't even give Kaep a chance... and it's not like Bill doesn't give guys who could potentially be a distraction a chance (Dillon, Moss, Ocho, etc.).

Now I'm not saying Kaepernick totally sucks, he's gifted athletically, but he has to FIT a team's system in order for him to succeed.  What a concept!  The social outrage I have seen is simply uneducated.  If people want to make a case for the Texans to sign Kaep, I would totally understand.  Seems like it might work.  If Cam goes down in CAR, sure... there might be a handful of teams here.  But anyone who has recently bashed the Pats for not considering him (and there's been plenty of it via sports talk shows, twitter, etc.) is out of their fucking mind and downright ignorant.

Yeah, BTW, just as a base reference: I think Kaep sucks as a QB. Dude never would have gotten to the Super Bowl if:

1.) The 49ers defense (created by Mike Singletary) wasn't lights out.
2.) Teams weren't fully accounting for his scramble speed because he was new.

Edited by Maynard_G_Krebs

9 minutes ago, Maynard_G_Krebs said:

Yeah, BTW, just as a base reference: I think Kaep sucks as a QB. Dude never would have gotten to the Super Bowl if:

1.) The 49ers defense (created by Mike Singletary) wasn't lights out.

Other QBs who would have never gotten to/won a Super Bowl if their defense/other players didn't carry them:  Flacco, Wilson, Eli (twice), Peyton (last one), Bradshaw, Dilfer, McMahon, Grossman :-P