fatcheerleader

Random Thoughts

15 hours ago, Maynard_G_Krebs said:

I was with you until here.

Wrong:  Pepsi trumps coke, like Mr. T trumps "super" man  {... super-NUTHIN'.}

On 10/29/2017 at 12:01 PM, kberger said:

WalMart is better than Amazon

walmart IS miserable, though ..............................

(I only respect the Amazon jungle)

15 minutes ago, Bodom said:

I am concerned about my declining interest in the NFL as a whole.

Yeah, dude. As soon as Brady & BB are done, I'm moving on. My participation in all things NFL, even going so far as Tecmo Super Bowl, has been lessening each year since 2010. I don't enjoy how the media covers the sport now (like it's TMZ); I don't enjoy how the NFL is trying to get international traction, which I consider to be a distraction; I don't like how the games are spread out to three days a week now; I don't like how the salaries earned have sky-rocketed to the point where teams are changing their game strategies based on protecting their 'investments;' I don't like how fantasy football has essentially taken over the sport; and lastly, but possibly most important, I don't like how moderate fans have taken ownership of the sport through TV ratings/advertisement dollars. I mean, basically there has been very little change in the past 10 years that I have liked.

Edited by Maynard_G_Krebs

Would you be more interested in the NFL if you tuned out all of the media coverage of it? At this point, I read almost no actual NFL articles, and I haven't watched ESPN Sportcenter in a year. I keep up with the league using Reddit (where it's a lot of hardcore fans) and twitter (I only follow beat writers and credible journalists). It's made me enjoy the league a lot more. 

Or you could just migrate over to the cesspool known as college football, where moderate fans aren't a problem and games are only played on Saturday, aside from the weird random game of Thursday. 

29 minutes ago, PockyCandy said:

Would you be more interested in the NFL if you tuned out all of the media coverage of it? At this point, I read almost no actual NFL articles, and I haven't watched ESPN Sportcenter in a year. I keep up with the league using Reddit (where it's a lot of hardcore fans) and twitter (I only follow beat writers and credible journalists). It's made me enjoy the league a lot more. 

Or you could just migrate over to the cesspool known as college football, where moderate fans aren't a problem and games are only played on Saturday, aside from the weird random game of Thursday. 

It's not just media coverage, which is hard for me to tune out entirely, because I like to keep up with deeper issues in the teams that I follow, but it's the way the NFL presents its own product as well, which is partly modeled after being its own media outlet, and by proxy, using media programming trends to showcase its own league. All of it is a bummer to me.

As for college, I imagine that there is a hell scenario for me when I die where Satan forces me to watch college sports for eternity.

20 minutes ago, PockyCandy said:

I hate the media part of it with a passion, but I am just less interested in the games overall.  I can tune out/ignore the media. 

Part of it might just be where I'm at in life.  Married, 3 kids, crazy job... I have a ton of other shit going on, which doesn't allow me to follow it consistently.  But the games in general are just less exciting to me (and I hate that I feel that way).  Certain rules push me away.  Hate, hate, hate pass interference.  I get the egregious stuff, but ticky tack calls need to go.  The field is 53x120.  If you can't get separation from the defense, they should be allowed to make contact.  That's just 1 of 50 examples I could give.  Part of it could also be that for about 10 years my life revolved around football and I'm somewhat burnt out.  I've gotten a little more into college football over the past 5 years and do enjoy following it now.

The other night I chose to watch Game 5 of the World Series instead of the Steelers - Lions game (and glad I did).  If it happens to go 7 games, I will do it again this Thursday (no idea what the NFL game even is).  And I have NEVER chosen MLB over NFL.  My NHL to NFL games viewed this year is probably 10:1, and that includes Patriots games.  I dunno.  Maybe my brain only has capacity to focus on a certain amount of things at once and those "things" are shifting.

Yeah, the Pass Interference rules are f*cked. It's why RBs got downgraded to non-essential personnel (at least in salary terms). I get it: passing the ball is more exciting to moderate fans than busting heads for 4 yard gains with the running game. But the kind of calls that Bodom mentions makes 'big tough football players' look like soccer sissies. WRs make audible calls to the officials for PI on just about every play now. It's brutal.

I did not watch one second of the steelers lions game due to the World Series. Never even flipped te channel.

and who needs NFL media when I just get all my in depth NFL analysis here from magic mike gordan.

college football sucks. In all my life I could never get into anything more than my states teams and that is straight stupid where I live.

Edited by buck

3 hours ago, buck said:

I did not watch one second of the steelers lions game due to the World Series. Never even flipped te channel.

and who needs NFL media when I just get all my in depth NFL analysis here from magic mike gordan.

college football sucks. In all my life I could never get into anything more than my states teams and that is straight stupid where I live.

You're a Kansas fan, right? That would explain why you don't enjoy college football. 

And I watched a few minutes of the game, but I ended up watching a random Nets VS Knicks game. D'angelo Russell and Kristaps Porzingis were more entertaining than anything the Lions could do. 

Nah I just don't like college football, I mean I'll watch a a game from time to time but I just can't "get into it" or even attempt to follow it. So much hype and spread offense, it's just boring.

one running joke a friend and I have had for at least 20 years is how we always get the goddam Tennessee football game on tv here! Always! And of course notre dame. Pisses me off. Lol

1 hour ago, buck said:

Nah I just don't like college football, I mean I'll watch a a game from time to time but I just can't "get into it" or even attempt to follow it. So much hype and spread offense, it's just boring.

one running joke a friend and I have had for at least 20 years is how we always get the goddam Tennessee football game on tv here! Always! And of course notre dame. Pisses me off. Lol

The hype is one of the more interesting parts though. No professional team crowd in America can get as amped up as a bunch of drunk co-eds at a SEC football game. I'll give you the part about the spread being boring, but whenever I work through games from the mid-90's, it seems like every team runs the same I-formation offense. So there's always going to be the boring trend. 

And you may get TN games on TV, but I live among the fans. You'll never meet a group of self-loathing but ridiculously optimistic people like Vols vans. 

On 10/28/2017 at 12:54 PM, buck said:

I am asking questions so that I can possibly understand where these people are coming from (seriously, maybe I am wrong and the 1st amendment needs to be abolished - convince me) and I am sticking my neck out (not in ignorance) to try to persuade them to support true personal liberty.

You are asking hyperbolic rhetorical questions where the only two answer seem to be conformity or hellscape.  Choose: 1st amendment or forced to make Nazi shirts?  None of this stuff is so binary. 

On 10/28/2017 at 12:54 PM, buck said:

all I have got in return so far, is insult.  no big deal, though.  it's just a internet thread.  I am not mad, I am happily living life, coaching a 6th grade basketball team, working my job, loving my family, working on my house, writing music on guitar, eating food, watching the world series.  I like everybody here and have no hard feelings.  I am here for football and tecmo talk, but sometimes other stuff comes up.  I am not ashamed to discuss adult issues and I am open to listen. 

SafeSeating_Snowflakes.thumb.png.6b71f9aa7d320b045f135aa69c12da53.png

You're commenting about being insulted while making a joke that others are offended because they offend easily.  It's ok because you're just joking or not joking about it.  Everything is ok if you just say it's a joke. Ha. Ha. Ha. This is ok and everyone else is the problem. This is also a joke so it's ok. Ha. ha. ha.

whatever, dude. if you don't want to talk with me about this shit, why are you still talking to me at all?  you have yet to answer one single question I have asked.  you jump in the thread, make an insult (or just try to make me look bad), and then leave.

I've got another hellscape:

Kevin Spacey walks into your t-shirt shop and asks you to make him a shirt that says: "I love 14 year old boys, and I choose to live as a gay man". 

(assume doing this expression would violate your conscience, in this scenario). 

do you: 

1. tell him to fuck off, because it would violate your conscience to provide this message, accepting the hate and persecution from the media, hollywood, and big brother.

2. you recognize that the word "gay" is involved (catch 22), so you tell him that you have to go take a shit, and then you never come back, hoping that he'll just go to some other t-shirt store so that you won't get persecuted by gay mafia and sued for not providing the service to create the message for him. 

3. anticipate that the next "civil rights" movement is the right to molest children and so you make the shirt, to be ahead of the game, and be championed a "civil rights" pioneer.

?

Edited by buck

22 hours ago, buck said:

whatever, dude. if you don't want to talk with me about this shit, why are you still talking to me at all?  you have yet to answer one single question I have asked.  you jump in the thread, make an insult (or just try to make me look bad), and then leave.

I've got another hellscape:

Kevin Spacey walks into your t-shirt shop and asks you to make him a shirt that says: "I love 14 year old boys, and I choose to live as a gay man". 

(assume doing this expression would violate your conscience, in this scenario). 

do you: 

1. tell him to fuck off, because it would violate your conscience to provide this message, accepting the hate and persecution from the media, hollywood, and big brother.

2. you recognize that the word "gay" is involved (catch 22), so you tell him that you have to go take a shit, and then you never come back, hoping that he'll just go to some other t-shirt store so that you won't get persecuted by gay mafia and sued for not providing the service to create the message for him. 

3. anticipate that the next "civil rights" movement is the right to molest children and so you make the shirt, to be ahead of the game, and be championed a "civil rights" pioneer.

?

Oh man, what a great question. We sure get a lot of characters into the ol' store so let's see.

Mr Spacey, boy I loved you in K-Pax.  Were you really an alien in that movie? Don't answer, I don't want to get you deported.

So what can I do for you.  Shirt, huh. Here's the message. That's certainly on the nose.  Let me check in the back.

I have good news and bad news.  The bad news is that this isn't a t-shirt store. The good news is that we're the number one seller of unicorn blood in the entire tri-state area.

We have a special going on.

If you're Kevin Spacey do you

1. Purchase the unicorn blood because you know that it has rejuvenate powers that are twice the power of Silver Bullet Colloidal Silver

2. Do you ask the purveyor of the store if the conjoined twin next to him could google the nearest pointless scenario to illustrate how hyperbolic i'm will to go in order to feed my own fears t-shirt store

3. Do you sprout wings and fly into the night sky

?

Man, thanks for your time and insight. Next level deep thoughts, man.

you're right, the 1st amendment should be abolished and people should be able to force other people to create things for them; and be forced to attend their religious ceremonies despite their contradicting beliefs.

once again, great talking points. Thanks for educating me.

Edited by buck

I'll go a bit slower this time...

1. so, should the government force a (person who identifies as a) Muslim tshirt maker to create a shirt for a client that reads "fuck muhammad in the goat ass"?

If "no", why? And why is this different from forcing a cake maker (who identifies as a Christian) to attend a religious LGBTQ ceremony and/or create a cake with an overtly pro homo erotic message?

if "yes", then you are an anti-freedom, card-carrying totalitarian. And I will be on my way, literally and figuratively.

Or, If you say something, like you said in a post earlier, "well it's just because the cake maker is Christian" i.e. you can't force a Muslim or any other thing..then fuck me. 

Because it seems to me like you want to either:

1: exclusively punish christians for their beliefs.  

Or 2: force any business to do anything another person wants them to do. 

Or 3: all of the above.

Please Correct me if I'm wrong. Or insult me, whatever is easier.

Edited by buck

21 minutes ago, buck said:

If "no", why? And why is this different from forcing a cake maker (who identifies as a Christian) to attend a religious LGBTQ ceremony and/or create a cake with an overtly pro homo erotic message?

Where did this happen?

Colorado and I believe Washington state. And Colorado is the one where public official called the baker a nazi. And that's the one going to Supreme Court 

Edited by buck

Or google something like Colorado gay cake Supreme Court in the meantime

i would still like your answer to the question

Edited by buck