fatcheerleader

Random Thoughts

36 minutes ago, Knobbe said:

What part(s) were the joke?

the joke, to me, is the "affirmative action" "sports job" part.  

when a (qualified?) professional behaves in such a slanderous, ignorant way I question (joke) about those qualifications and wonder how she holds up in such a profession, without the help of a systemic racist/sexist ideology called "affirmative action".  on top of that, she talks about sports for a living.

shit is funny to me.  sorry.  

but the real joke is on me, I guess.  

Edited by buck

1 minute ago, buck said:

the joke, to me, is the "affirmative action" "sports job" part.  

when a (qualified?) professional behaves in such a slanderous, ignorant way I question (joke) about those qualifications and wonder how she holds up in such a profession, without the help of a systemic racist ideology called "affirmative action".  on top of that, she talks about sports for a living.

shit is funny to me.  sorry.  

So the joke is that since she said something so 'unprofessional' it makes sense because they probably just gave her the job because she is an African American woman? 

18 minutes ago, Knobbe said:

So the joke is that since she said something so 'unprofessional' it makes sense because they probably just gave her the job because she is an African American woman? 

I would lean towards "insane" "illogical" "hate-filled" "slanderous" maybe "libel", instead of simply "unprofessional".  if you can get that point, then you have made some real mental progress.

7 minutes ago, Bodom said:

Why are people so upset that Kaepernick is not in the NFL, but they don't care about Tim Tebow? 

Tebow was .500 while Kaep was <.500. 

People did care about Tim Tebow a lot 3-5 years ago.

Just now, buck said:

I would lean towards "insane" "illogical" "hate-filled" "slanderous" maybe "libel", instead of simply "unprofessional".  if you can get that point, then you have made some real mental progress.

Sure if you get the point that your jokes aren't actually jokes.

7 minutes ago, Knobbe said:

Sure if you get the point that your jokes aren't actually jokes.

a giraffe walks into a bar and says, "the highballs are on me".

(no, the giraffe is not a rich white man, and yes, the giraffe not only identifies as male, but science even says he is.)

Edited by buck

it's political.  and it fits the left-wing media's narrative.

take a survey of people you know to have sound minds and ask them about Kaep...they are probably gonna say what everybody I know says - "he sucks, who cares".  same they said about Tebow. 

I do not know of anybody who thinks Kaep should have a starting job, and it has nothing to do with his stupid antics.  just skillz.  I think he'd be a good backup qb, .....but.....on the subject of antics -  he did it to himself.  #1 he sucks, #2 he is too much of an unnecessary distraction to have holding a clipboard on the sideline. 

Edited by buck

27 minutes ago, Bodom said:

Excluding fatcheerleader and Dave, I don't remember anyone else being outraged that he couldn't find a job in the NFL...

This. No one gave a crap and protested and whined on national TV about it (Except my boy Skip Bayless! (minus the protest part)). I think this is paramount to Buck's overarching point. There is certainly a sensitive divide culturally when it comes to race and benefit.

Holy crap, I do not care if you are an alien from Mars as long as you respect each other and do good work. This won't get you clicks and get you to tweet jokes or snarky replies to our president. It is all sensationalism.

Calling our president a "white supremacist" is just ignorant. The definition of white supremacist has now changed as well. It is now an insult instead of a subculture. It is just a racist as all the other crap the white supremacists say. (Not defending WS at all. Pointing out inequality. Slow your roll before you lose it over that sentence.)

There is perpetual racism on all sides of this country. Calling each other racists will get us nowhere. If you are white and speak your mind, you are now a white supremacist. (See: Ben Shapiro being called a white supremacist.) 

Our society is a joke. A joke made up from a lack of sensory awareness and having actual thin skin. They should make an addendum to the pledge and add in the Sticks And Stones idiom.

All the left has left is temper tantrums and name calling. Don't agree with them? Then you are a (insert whichever "phobe" suits them) who's opinion should be ignored. How is that any better than the same thing they are railing against? Hill should have at the very minimum been suspended for her comments. How is she not suspended but someone like Linda Cohn who has been there for decades gets suspended for simply giving an honest opinion:

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/espn-suspended-linda-cohn-let-jemele-hill-slide/

Unrelated-but-related: the days following her posting those tweets, and after the backlash she received, I watched a couple of the shows she airs on. She seemed unlike her usual self. She didn't physically look great (loss of sleep / stress?), and she was clearly more than a little out of it. I think she forgot for a second when she tweeted how she represents an international organization, that the show she's been given with Michael what's-his-face was an incredible, life-changing opportunity and platform for her, and that she thought her tweets would go largely unpublicized because of her relatively nominal public stature. She was wrong, bigly.

I imagine the multiple death threats that have been sent her way since this all blew up will give her pause for consideration next time when using an unfiltered public platform to disseminate her personal opinions.

Edited by Maynard_G_Krebs

22 hours ago, SBlueman said:

All the left has left is temper tantrums and name calling. Don't agree with them? Then you are a (insert whichever "phobe" suits them) who's opinion should be ignored. How is that any better than the same thing they are railing against? Hill should have at the very minimum been suspended for her comments. How is she not suspended but someone like Linda Cohn who has been there for decades gets suspended for simply giving an honest opinion:

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/espn-suspended-linda-cohn-let-jemele-hill-slide/

Clay Travis is a hammer where every problem is a liberal agenda nail except he's actually a tape measure duct taped to a wrench.

32 minutes ago, Knobbe said:

Clay Travis is a hammer where every problem is a liberal agenda nail except he's actually a tape measure duct taped to a wrench.

do you have anything relevant to say about the relevant article clay travis wrote - or are you just gonna call him names?  seemed to me like he actually did some reporting and wrote a decent article.  or did you not read it?

Edited by buck

1 minute ago, buck said:

you seem to avoid talking about actual the issues and instead categorize and attack people, like me and clay.  do you have anything to say about the article clay travis wrote or are you just gonna call him names?  seemed to me like he actually did some reporting and wrote a decent article.  or did you not read it?

ESPN is a corporation that does corporation things.

They probably shouldn't have suspended Cohn for....wait for it.....criticizing ESPN.

If Hill had thrown out shade on ESPN during her tweets she probably would have been suspended for....wait for it.....criticizing ESPN.

They just fired a bunch of people not because they should be fired but because people are cord cutting and stock shareholders don't like it when you lose money and don't do anything.

But yeah...liberal conspiracy. 

Wtih Clay you are basically watching the "Buy Chewlie's Gum" scene from Clerks....he's railing against the evils of cancer from smoking but it's just to sell gum.

22 minutes ago, buck said:

like me and clay.

There are a lot of things you could have said about Hill that would have gotten zero reaction from me.....

'Hill is a no talent ass clown who just doubled-down'

'Hill should be fired for saying what she did'

Etc

You would have gotten zero reaction because those are statements that don't attack a person for who they are as opposed to what they said.  Your post was vicious and I wanted clarification on it. Is that what you'd call an attack?

well I don't care if she is fired or not, and ESPN has already shown their hand, so they can fukk off...

but what I do care about, and I would think any "white" person (even jewish people, ironically enough) would, is how some assholes can just sit and throw around the evidence-free damning accusations of someone being a "white supremacist" without said asshole being called out for at least acting like a fucking lunatic.

if that sort of slander becomes "normalized" and fools just say "oh well, it's just her "beliefs" or her "opinion"", what will be next?  not good things, I think.

when Hill tweeted that bullshit, the devil cracked a smile.

Edited by buck

2 hours ago, Maynard_G_Krebs said:

Clay Travis keepin' it real, yo. Let's just grab'em all by the p*ssy. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/sluggahjells/status/908775683257708546

I guess you would know a thing or two about talking/writing about your own personal sexual exploits.

Edited by buck