fatcheerleader

Random Thoughts

I have been running a 5k at 6-7MPH every Sunday for the past three months. This past week, I upped that to a 5k every Sunday AND 3 miles on Tuesday night after work. My goal is to get in the best shape I've been in since I was 18.

I hate running.

Edited by Maynard_G_Krebs

@buck this is your creed right here: "In this country, we have no other people. We are American people".

I wish I could show this video from the 1940s to every redneck who loathes and distrusts me simply for not being born in America. 

16 hours ago, PockyCandy said:

@buck this is your creed right here: "In this country, we have no other people. We are American people".

I wish I could show this video from the 1940s to every redneck who loathes and distrusts me simply for not being born in America. 

#1 There is no creed that can adequately summarize my outlook on life.  Life is not always black and white. (not speaking racially, just referring to the actual colors black and white.  this is a figure of speech.)

#2 I don't need a creed.

#3 Furthermore, a creed has "words" in it.  The meanings of words are now "fluid" constantly changing (marriage, civil rights, pro-life, life, science, scientific method, racist, bigot, hate, wicked, etc) depending on who is using them and their motivation.  

The meanings of meanings are also now "fluid" depending on who is using them and what their political motivation is twisted to be.  

Words and creeds are for propaganda and persuasion.  I don't want to be held to a creed that can have it's meaning turned upside down by somebody else.  

I don't have a creed.

I am sorry that some rednecks mistreat you.  I think if you were to look closely, you'll see that a redneck mistreats just about everybody, unless you're their cousin.  You just may be a bit more sensitive because you are aware that you don't have the stereotypical physical appearance of a potential redneck.

Edited by buck

19 hours ago, Maynard_G_Krebs said:

I have been running a 5k at 6-7MPH every Sunday for the past three months. This past week, I upped that to a 5k every Sunday AND 3 miles on Tuesday night after work. My goal is to get in the best shape I've been in since I was 18.

I hate running.

I run three days a week and have been doing so for 6 years, started as a way to handle the stress of my business. Started as a half hour run and turned into 45 minutes and also lifting on the other 3 days plus one day of nothing.

If you stick with it, it's totally worth it, but I still dread it most of the mornings I go.

On 8/7/2017 at 11:55 PM, Maynard_G_Krebs said:

Also, part of the reason why I imagine that youTube is cracking down on this shit, is because foreigners are starting to use American political media to energize bases to infight for profit.

Like this channel: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCWXPkK02j6MHW-4xCJzgMuw

It's called Golden State News. Know why it's called that? To reap the benefit of in-platform SEO by being attributed with the Golden State Warriors popularity. Know how I found this channel? By letting YouTube auto play videos after a specific Golden State Warriors clip that I watched. Five videos after the original, a video from this channel auto played. This channel is made by Russians, who used to link back to other similarly vile one-sided liberal channels in a network of bullshit channels. This channel used link back to its network of channels where the same photo was used in about sections of a young girl listed on their other bullshit channels. I did a reverse image search on the girl's photo, and sure enough, it was ripped from a Russian magazine. In the about section of this channel, if you try to go to the author's website, Google tells you you're about to get fucked with malware. The channel was created in April 2015, at the true start of the voting cycle.

There's no belief in the content presented, and much of it is C-SPAN or news clips with foreigners doing English voice overs on propaganda videos. Notice in the about section there are links to donate to them? This is the kind of shit going on now. Foreigners using American made media platforms to milk $$$ from stupid American party loyalists. Republicans, Democrats; whoever is angry enough and stupid enough to be swayed by shit like this. 73,000+ people subscribe to this channel, made by Russians. Awesome, right?

Here's the kicker. Subscribe to the channel, and I can almost garuntee you that you will receive a robocall within 10 minutes if they're able to track your YouTube user information to any account on a major social media platform that contains your phone number.

Welcome to the new world.

PS - All of the above is related to this:  http://www.businessinsider.com/cybersecurity-expert-reflexive-control-2016-election-2017-4

Edited by Maynard_G_Krebs

47 minutes ago, Maynard_G_Krebs said:

That's scary shit. Almost as terrifying as knowing that your main stream media and president both lie on a daily basis. No one has credibility anymore. Perhaps, maybe if the msm had credibility people wouldn't turn to obscure YouTube channels to confirm their bias. Maybe, just maybe there's facts and two sides to every story to report on. Maybe.

Edited by OL' Dirty Tecmo

"It's what Russia has long called 'reflexive control,' or the ability to use information on someone else so they make their own decision that’s favorable to you,"

"You need to get people in democracies to start questioning the system, to make it occur to them that their institutions are failing them, that the country they knew is in freefall," she said. 

18 minutes ago, OL' Dirty Tecmo said:

That's scary shit. Almost as terrifying as knowing that your main stream media and president both lie on a daily basis. No one has credibility anymore. Perhaps, maybe if the msm had credibility people wouldn't turn to obscure YouTube channels to confirm their bias. Maybe, just maybe there's facts and two sides to every story to report on. Maybe.

Nailed it

Do any of you read Martin Armstrong? He's a controversial economist that made some super program he calls Socrates to predict how global markets will affect our world. It's fascinating shit!

He thinks we'll be in some sort of North Korea conflict on 9/11 or 9/12. Not "by", but "on." Also predicts the Dow bubble will burst when it's around 23,000.

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/war/kim-jung-un-watches-markets-during-his-launches/

Watching all those preseason games, seeing so many artificial fields ...

Hell- I'll take Oakland's BASEBALL field over that shat.

It's all gotten so corporate.

dafuq

Hey jamele hill, how about you stick to your affirmative action sports job and stay out of politics, you ignorant sclunt.

20 hours ago, buck said:

Hey jamele hill, how about you stick to your affirmative action sports job and stay out of politics, you ignorant sclunt.

Did you double check to make sure she has the right sexual orientation?

On 9/13/2017 at 1:20 PM, buck said:

1: Are you saying that she only got her job because she's black? Because per her Wikipedia page, Hill graduated from Michigan State, then worked for the Detroit Free Press for a while, covering both the 2004 Olympics and the NBA. She then worked at the Orlando Sentinel before getting a job at ESPN. Those are some very legitimate credentials, are they not? 

2: If you are saying that she only got a job because of "affirmative action", then I'd like to tell you that's one of the biggest insults you can give a minority. What you're saying is "You didn't get that job because you worked hard, studied, and earned what you got. No, you got it because you are a minority." You're discrediting all of the hard work that a person has put in when you say that. How do I know this? Because I've been told that in the past and it's a slap in the face. 

3: If she'd showered Trump with praise, would the people criticizing her still be telling her to "stick to sports"? No, no they wouldn't. They'd probably be talking about how she's courageous for taking a stand for what she believes in. Those people don't care that she was talking about politics, they only care that Hill said something political that they don't agree with. 

With that said, I don't care for Jemele Hill at all and I think that she's mediocre at best. The same can be said for almost everyone there aside from Mina Kimes, Kevin Pelton, Adrian Wojnarowski, Zach Lowe, and Robert Mays.  

PS: Apologies for ranting to you. This topic makes me very heated, to say the least. 

Edited by PockyCandy

look, just because a person "believes" that a businessman who became president who has a jewish son in law is a "white supremacist" doesn't mean shit. 

why don't you spend a little more time fact checking that bullshitting sports tv personality's "beliefs" (as you say) while she disses and pisses on your country.  fuck her, saying that our president is a "white supremacist" is fucking moronic.

anyways, I was trying to make a joke, but perhaps I stand corrected due to the qualifications of hers that you listed. 

Let's test if you're a hypocrite: replace white with black and trump with obama and tell me if the person who tweeted the ignorant bullshiit would be fired?

Edited by buck

3 hours ago, buck said:

Let's test if you're a hypocrite: replace white with black and trump with obama and tell me if the person who tweeted the ignorant bullshiit would be fired?

If in this case, Merril Hoge were to say that he thinks that Obama is a black supremacist or a muslim terrorist, then that's what he believes. Maybe he's fired, maybe he's not. Personally, I don't think that Hoge would deserve to be fired in this scenario, even if what he says is stupid.

Edited by PockyCandy

3 hours ago, PockyCandy said:

If in this case, Merril Hoge were to say that he thinks that Obama is a black supremacist or a muslim terrorist, then that's what he believes. Maybe he's fired, maybe he's not. Personally, I don't think that Hoge would deserve to be fired in this scenario, even if what he says is stupid.

don't play dumb, you know Hoge would be immediately fired, statues of george washington would be defaced/removed, and people would be calling him a lunatic.

my point 1)  do you not realize that a grown woman is calling our president a fucking white supremacist?  that is fucking outrageous.  

it is not a "belief" - it is a serious accusation, and where is her evidence, and what exactly is a white supremacist?  (side note: is a white supremacist merely a white person that does not spout the left-wing/globalist/communist/anti-christian banter?  that appears to be the modern definition, from what I can see. )

my point 2) and if she is such a qualified a educated journalist (as you say), why won't she actually write something to persuade instead of making blanket damning accusations?  could it be because she is not a qualified journalist, she is a sports tv host hack, that has clearly shown her ignorance and foolishness and lack of professional ethics?

a person (hill) should be prepared to defend a serious accusation that she makes.  what a waste of time.  15 minutes of left-wing fame.  no respect from me.

Edited by buck

18 hours ago, buck said:

The problem with this is that no one else here seems to have issue with you thinking Hill was in the wrong; the issue is that it seems like you're using her statement to justify not wanting to see this type of person on your TV.

So it's more like if Neil Everett had tweeted out all of this stuff would you have posted

'Hey neil everett, how about you stick to your limey sports job and stay out of politics, you ignorant man whore.' or would those insults on the top simply not occurred to you because to you Neil Everett doesn't look like a British theater major?

19 hours ago, PockyCandy said:

Hill graduated from Michigan State, then worked for the Detroit Free Press for a while, covering both the 2004 Olympics and the NBA. She then worked at the Orlando Sentinel before getting a job at ESPN. Those are some very legitimate credentials

19 hours ago, PockyCandy said:

With that said, I don't care for Jemele Hill at all and I think that she's mediocre at best.

I have no idea who Jamele Hill even is and don't have a comment about the debate going on, but this made me laugh.

54 minutes ago, Knobbe said:

The problem with this is that no one else here seems to have issue with you thinking Hill was in the wrong; the issue is that it seems like you're using her statement to justify not wanting to see this type of person on your TV.

So it's more like if Neil Everett had tweeted out all of this stuff would you have posted

'Hey neil everett, how about you stick to your limey sports job and stay out of politics, you ignorant man whore.' or would those insults on the top simply not occurred to you because to you Neil Everett doesn't look like a British theater major?

I don't know what to say.  there are tons of morons tweeting moronic crap all the time, including un-provable damning accusations (sorry...."beliefs") like Hill's.  99% of it - I never will ever see.  I just happened to see this Hill bullshit.  

anyways, I just think that a person accusing another person of being a "supremacist" is a serious accusation and one should not use those words lightly.  as a public figure, and a so-called journalist, one should not be so quick to prove oneself an ignorant hate-filled racist fool, like Hill has done.  if it had been another person, then maybe I would say the same thing, maybe I wouldn't.  don't presume the worst of me, please.

if you don't get my initial joke, that rode along with my response, I can't help you.

Edited by buck

I do not want to spend another second of my life talking about this ignorant, foolish, racist, so-called sports journalist.  sorry I even mentioned it. 

but anyways, it's like the black supremacist who calls ben shapiro "a white supremacist who masks his rhetoric by claiming to be jewish"....laugh out fucking loud.  is this shit a joke?  what an idiot.  why even argue with somebody who is this delusional?  read a few tweets down and you'll see this guy's "logic".  it's circular among other things.  about 10 tweets down this fool posts a video by shapiro and apparently didn't watch it, just calls it "racist".  fuk me.

so, do you guys like this guy too?  he is cool like Hill, right?  he has his "beliefs" right?  sure.