Seattle Tecmo Tourney - Fri May 20th 2011

Knobbe

Courtesy of Craigslist

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/vgm/2372083111.html

Another Castle

web: http://anothercastlegames.com/

facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AnotherCastleGames

Announcing Another Castle’s first old school tournament! We are going back to how football was meant to be played… on the NES! That’s right; Tecmo Super Bowl is hopefully going to be the first of many tournaments here at Another Castle!

The tournament will be held on May 20, 2011 and will be double elimination. There will be an entry fee of $10.00 per player with all proceeds going towards the prizes. The top three finishers of the tournament will be awarded cash prizes and there will also be prizes for the winners of select stat categories.

Everyone is invited to join! You can sign up at the store (Name, Phone number, and entry fee required at sign-up), for those of you under 18 we’ll need a parent present during sign, up since there are cash prizes at stake.

Reggie White, Cortez Kennedy, Thurman Thomas, Warren Moon, Bo Jackson, Jim Kelly (better known as QB Bills) and the rest of the 1991 crew are waiting. Are you up for the challenge?

I'm always surprised that these tournaments just pop up without much advertising. The Madison and Ohio tourneys are planned months in advance and tourneys like this one seem to pop up a week before they happen. You think they'd use the net to advertise more.

It's just sort of an ad-hoc tourney at a video game store on a Friday night. They probably have a lot more local advertising going on.

nice thing about this game is you don't really need to plan for months ahead if its just a local tourney. This game will draw a good sized crowd in any video game store, bar or where ever.

also on the rapture we are having a facebook rapture party. i can't wait for my own personal party at my place. just need to find some girls stupid enough to buy this nonsense and I'm set. or some rich people who wants to give away their fortune.

This tourney was a lot of fun, complete with several classic "Tecmo Moments" that had the room explode. Cochise Blue aka Joe won this double elimination tournament with terrific defense and a surgical ball control offense. I will completely recap the tourney later this weekend, and I fully agree with Cochise that there needs to be more Washington tourneys, and I think we can make this happen. Congrats Cochise!