Quesiton About Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball Editor

Le Munson

Hello, I've heard a lot about this Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball editor, and most of the posts seem to be from here. I've searched all over here but it seems most of the links are non existant now, so does anyone have a link to the editor (also known as the KGB Editor).

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Knobbe, I've been messing around with the editor for a couple of weeks now, but I can't seem to change players' bat colors or even some of their stances. Is there something I'm missing? I've tried giving identical features to two different players and it doesn't seem to change anything...

Hey Knobbe, I've been messing around with the editor for a couple of weeks now, but I can't seem to change players' bat colors or even some of their stances. Is there something I'm missing? I've tried giving identical features to two different players and it doesn't seem to change anything...

I was just hosting this program/site from the original author so this isn't my stuff.

I've never actually played KGJ baseball so you'll need to find that out from someone else

• 1 month later...
I am having trouble with the program itself. When I run it, I get a "runtime error 339: component COMDLG32.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file missing or invalid" Anyone have a working file of the the editor? Thanks.

google how to register dll's.

I am having trouble with the program itself. When I run it, I get a "runtime error 339: component COMDLG32.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file missing or invalid" Anyone have a working file of the the editor? Thanks.

What OS are you running...XP..Vista...windows 7?

I got it functioning on my desktop that runs XP. I appreciate everyone's help. Thanks guys!

I wonder if you ran it in compatibility mode on Vista if it would work.

Haven't had a chance to test it just yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume this doesn't work for the mac? Because I just keep getting a bunch of gibberish in texteditor whenever I try to open the executable. If anyone has any info on this it'd be appreciated. If not, anyone willing to post an updated rom or something of the sort would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume this doesn't work for the mac? Because I just keep getting a bunch of gibberish in texteditor whenever I try to open the executable. If anyone has any info on this it'd be appreciated. If not, anyone willing to post an updated rom or something of the sort would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

It doesn't work on a MAC...in fact it barely works on Windows anymore because it's so old

• 4 weeks later...

I've also read a lot about it but couldn't find it anywhere - including the link posted earlier in this thread. When I read about it, it seemed like a dream come true of sorts because I'd always wished I could customize the game in a way that it sounds the editor allows - including getting Chipper Jones on the field with my beloved Braves. It sounds like the perfect tool for me, exactly what I'd been wanting for this game, so if anyone can help me with finding it, I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks and have a great day. :D

Figured it out!

An S means the pitcher throws submarine style.

A < means that the pitcher is tall.

A > means that "Pitcher's got a biiiig butt!"

For instance, the beloved Atlanta Braves reliever Peter Moylan, the portly right-handed submariner that he is, would be RS>.

This is cool. Can't wait to start screwing around with it and editing teams and stuff. Wish there was a way to edit the pitchers' batting side since I think some bat opposite of their throwing arm and some are even switch hitters like Carlos Zambrano.

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno if someone had done and posted an update with the real names, but I made one and figured I'd share it. I only did names, didn't correct skin-color issues or statistics. There are three players I'm not sure about, couldn't find a replacement for R. Crombie or H.Lo for the Florida Marlins and P. Pearce for the Pittsburgh Pirates. Greg Briley and Gus Polidor take the place of the Marlins while Lonnie Smith (the only Pirate, apparently, to wear 27 in 1993) takes Pearce's spot. Unfortunately that means there are two Lonnie Smiths, since the actual one is with the Baltimore Orioles. If anyone knows for certain who these three players were, I'll fix it.

Here are my plans for updates, if anyone's interested:

1995 - this'll be the big one. Going to give everyone their 1995 roster - including the World Champion Atlanta Braves (!) and American League Champion Cleveland Indians - and add new players like Hideo Nomo. Going to be a good while before it's done but hopefully, if anyone's interested in it to begin with, it'll be worth the wait

1997 - If the '95 update goes well, I'll do 1997. Of course this is the last possible year to do an update and it be authentic, cause of the 1998 expansion/realignment. '97 also has a little special personal meaning since it was the first time I got to go to a game. Saw the Braves crush the Reds 10-3 on Aug. 23. Obviously this one will be a while, since I have to do the '95 one first.

2011 - Going to do the complete 2011 Atlanta Braves (through the Michael Bourn trade/Jose Constanza call up). I dunno about doing all the clubs, in fact I'm pretty sure I can't/won't, but I'll probably put a handful of current stars - Pujols, Jeter, Tulowitzki, Halladay, etc - with their applicable team. This would be an update of the origanal '93 rosters with the false names. Will do the Braves for sure first, then do the second update with the other stars.

1993 Psuedo Braves - This one is a personal deal, I kind of hate that other teams were named after cool things while my Braves were named after Dance DJs. Good grief. So I'm going to do a "team heritage" roster similar to the New York Yankees team.

Legends - Dunno if I'll do this one or not, thinking of updating the '93 game with some of the icons of the past joining the rosters. For instance, an actual Hank Aaron, Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, Jimmie Foxx, Duke Snider, Sandy Koufax, Bob Gibson, etc.

KGB-RealNames93.zip