Tecmo "Semi-Pro" 2011, a "GONZO" ROM by buck/rewhawl

buck

This looks pretty sick, buck. Can't wait to give this a try! Might not be until the weekend, but I'll definitely give some feedback when I do.

thanks Bodom, please let me know what you think. hopefully I will get some adequate documentation up here soon. (I'm still trying to get 'rewhawl' on here to take some of the load off my back)

gameplay-wise it's an upgraded/enhanced version (upgraded plays and graphics, too) of my 2010 NFL ROM, but with more fumbling and injuries.

design-wise (basically) each division had so many "notches" of attributes to distribute to the different categories of players (each division had different ranges of notches - some had more HP to distribute (but less of something else), some had more attributes to distribute to defensive players (but offense was poor). (oh, and starters only - RB, WR, TE backups were auto-generated using the minimum attributes for each category, K and P all the same).

I made two teams and rewhawl made two teams per division. the 4th division (the international/total team pts) takes an (approximate) average of notches given to all the other 6 divisions and the team creator is able to distribute those how and wherever he wishes (instead of having certain rating categories "capped" like in the other divisions).

is able to distribute those how and wherever he wishes (instead of having certain rating categories "capped" like in the other divisions).

Uh.....what?

BTW...one easter egg...the skin color of the wiccan team

is able to distribute those how and wherever he wishes (instead of having certain rating categories "capped" like in the other divisions).

Uh.....what?

well, for each team in a "non-international" division, a set amount of "attribute notches" were available to distribute to the players in each position.

I don't have the exact "notches" here with me right now, but for example: DIV 1 has 20 notches to give to Offense RS, 25 notches to RP, and 28 notches to MS. (so, in this example, DIV 1 has 28 MS notches to divvy-up between QB1, QB2, RB1, RB2, WR1, WR2, and TE1)....likewise, DIV 2 will have different amounts of notches to distribute to these categories - sometimes there wasn't a huge difference. we tried to keep things "EVEN" - so if DIV 1 had a HIGH MS, they would have LOW HP, and on and on.

but these so-called "international" teams had a TOTAL amount of attribute notches (let's say 300 for example) to distribute to any player on the team (offense or defense or OL or whoever).

we did use some restraint with MS - I believe that 69 is the highest MS of any offensive player. and there are only a couple of these on the whole game.

This is an outstanding rom. My only issue is some of the colors, especially the playbook screen is sometimes hard on the eyes.

But, great rom. I played half a game yesterday and look to play much more later.

hey, what's up. you still dropping $100 bills?

First post. Hope you enjoy the rom. I'll take credit for the "steamers". Probably should have checked the urban dictionary before I named the team. Other than that...family fun for everybody. I might give a little more info on the inspiration behind the teams once buck rolls out the details for how the attributes were created. Did an awful lot of beta testing, and this rom is great man v. man...(good luck against Houston). I think team samurai pushed the limits of stats and graphics...at least until Semi-Pro 2.

Finally getting a chance to sit down and play this. Great job. I picked 2 teams at random. Tulsa Boom vs. Fargo Murder. I fell behind early 21-0. It wasn't until the 2nd quarter that I started to get used to the plays and get my defensive mojo. That, and I realized Oklahoma Kid was somewhat of a combination between QB Eagles and Christian Okoye. I went into half down 21-14. End of the 3rd, I was up 28-21 and ended up winning 35-28.

dammit, I'm currently writing a Thesis paper for my MS in EE. I will finalize the write up the TSP docs in two weeks - I hope.

just play it as you played Tecmo Super Bowl since 1991.

• 2 weeks later...

Master of Science in Electrical Engineering FINISHED.

Here's some results for a couple of recent MAN v COM season's I've had:

===========

Won Mega Bowl with Butte Bison

won division, going 12-3-1

Woods: 171 of 224, 22TD, 13INT, for 2547 yds, (21 for 146, 2TD rush)

DeKobbs: 196 for 3613 yds and 55 TD. 13 rec for 284, 3 TD.

Utah: 87 rec for 1239 yds and 11 TD.

Mist: 2 sack, 5 INT for 339 yds and 5 TD, forced 4+ fumbles

Butters: 4 INT, 1 TD

Team Offense: #1 overall, #27 pass, #1 rush

Team Defense: #1 overall (3634), #1 pass (1576), #30 rush

pts for: 38.5 ppg

pts against: 32.3 ppg

==========

Buenos Aires TANGO season

went 11-5 (won division. I was 8-0, but got kicked all over the place for a while and NETO got hurt)

made it to BOT championship game to get my ass kicked by....the WICCANS (they lost by 1 point to NYC in championship)

anyways, here's season highlights:

NETO: 163 of 228, 37 TD, 20 INT, 3328 yds. (86 for 1335, 16 TD rushing)

ANTUNES (backup QB): 30/59 590 yds, 5 TD 8 INT

BOBO: 53 receptions for 834, 11 TD

PACARI: 61 receptions for 1095, 12 TD

OVERLORD: 10 INT, 4 TD

DU.CHAMPS: 13 sacks

- team data -

OFFENSE: # 1 overall (5384), #4 pass, #21 rush

DEFENSE: # 1 overall (2991), #1 pass(1476), #8 rush (1515)

points for per game: 31

points against per game: 28.4

===========

Harmonics win Mega Bowl, thanks to Draydge 286 yds

Narrow 28-21 victory over the "Creed-less" Inmates in the TSP Title Game.

RECORD: 14-2

29 points for

11.8 points against

TEAM OFFENSE #30 overall (4104), #32 pass, #1 rush (3223)

TEAM DEFENSE #1 overall (2409), #1 pass, #1 rush (1157)

Two total SHUTOUTS, week 15 (MAD) and 16 (BJG).

individual stats -

NEFASTO 54/81 5 TD - 10 INT, 717 yds. (23 rush 145 0 TD)

DRAYDGE 212 for 2539, 39 TD. (11 rec for 104, 1 TD)

LOLB THOMAS - 16 sacks

LILB DEE - 7 sacks

10 team INTS

ROLB TAYLOR in 3 playoff games: blocked 2 punts and 3 FG

=========

currently doing a season with Tulsa BOOM, I'm 9-0

just lost my shit when willie dee from houston sacked me

My favorite old-school rap album is Grip It! (the original version, not the remix). For those that don't know, Willie is on the Left of the picture.

His solo - "Controversy" is a good one, too.

post-3789-13413729142276_thumb.jpg

post-3789-13413729146693_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

new version ready for download - see 1st post.

fixed the ALL STAR game. it will still mess up a little when COM gets injured (always has - when using preseason injury hack), but MAN v MAN works fine.

nothing else has changed.

peace.

oh, here's a tease for rewhawl and I's upcoming (unfinished) TML - tecmo minor league ROM.

post-3789-134137291684_thumb.png