Madison 7 Elite 8 (Mort vs Skunkerofbestinworld) Replay

VanDamon

Hi guys,

I uploaded the video of Mort's thrilling last second JJ TD win over Skunkerofbestinworld in the Elite 8 round of Madison 7

The Matchup is Detroit Lions (Mort) vs Philadelphia Eagles (Skunkerofbestinworld)

Here are the links:

Part 1

JK5fHTT__as

Part 2

wUFbsk3P3SQ

I see if I can post the Madison 7 Trophy Presentation video later.

The videos are of the "shakey cam" variety. Sorry, but I had to manually hold my digital Sony Cybershot while looking up at the screen during recording.

1. Awesome video VanDamon.

2. Huge break for Mort as the receiver gets a CC (although on Reggie) on 4th down, fumbles it, but the ball bounces its way out of bounds.

3. Great match-up call. That's certainly a match-up I'm not used to seeing.

4. James, some questionable playcalling down the stretch on a key 4th and 4.

I was hoping you'd post this! Shaky Cam! That's great!

I fixed the links so that they show up in the forum

3. Great match-up call. That's certainly a match-up I'm not used to seeing.

What about this makes it a great matchup call? To me the pick of Philly seems obvious. What does Detroit bring to the table that matches up so well?

Playing devils advocate here...

Philly has the edge but depending on the run stopping abilities of the other player you can make philly's offense pretty one dimensional.

Det's offense is more balanced with Barry and the scrambling abilities of peete. Obviously running wise you are set. On passing downs you can dump off to speedy barry, scramble with peete or if you must buy time and launch one to fairly high rec WRs 75 and 69.

Defensively the teams are a wash IMHO

Playing devils advocate here...

Philly has the edge but depending on the run stopping abilities of the other player you can make philly's offense pretty one dimensional.

Det's offense is more balanced with Barry and the scrambling abilities of peete. Obviously running wise you are set. On passing downs you can dump off to speedy barry, scramble with peete or if you must buy time and launch one to fairly high rec WRs 75 and 69.

Defensively the teams are a wash IMHO

Run stopping abilities of the run game or QB Eagles? The awesomeness of QB Eagles is that you don't need a running game.

Since you're playing devil's advocate I assume that you would also take Eagles

I mean if you can stop the run game so that there is basically no threat of running. And then if you can outtap the other person running and and grappling eagles is effective. You can make PHI one dimensional with there play calling.

Ya I'd probably take the Eagles most times but I wouldn't really feel disadvantaged as the Lions.

As dominant as QB Eagles is, you can pretty much call 4 plays and be okay since Philly doesn't really have a solid RB. I won my game in the tourney with Philly (over KC), but I was nervous about having them. I know my opponent is going to pick my pass plays and I probably won't be running the ball too much. It all depends on your strengths. That being said, I did fairly well with them.

QB Eagles is infinitely better when considered in online drafts since you can then draft a decent RB to balance out your game.

As dominant as QB Eagles is, you can pretty much call 4 plays and be okay since Philly doesn't really have a solid RB.

Typically when someone calls QB Eagles play you simply roll out away from the blitzers while giggling...i guess that's what I do!