28-Man Vegas Tourney Ideas Thread

No I don't. I'm sure it's not quick and easy but I'm sure it's not brain surgery either. Basically you'd have a table that has all the player info (id, player name, attributes, number etc), a table for team info (id, team name), and a table with a composite key for auctioning (playerid, teamid, bid amount, time of bid) and if you decide to have minimum bids have that included somewhere as well, possibly in the player table. I'd reuse some existing code, but I'd like to have a connection to a sqlserver database, I'm not sure you'd enjoy rewriting your code for that. Also WPF is a lot more presentable than HTML.

In obviously just for the experience. I think finding 28 people we'd have to cast our net pretty wide, but it's possible. Fewer people and a live auction draft would be awesome too.

This place is probably the perfect place to host it, maybe we could rent a private area for a day or two?

I like that this idea is getting some traction.

Why not see who is in the vegas area that's on this board. I'm sure we can find some cheap tv's on craigslist/garage sales in Vegas before the tourney and add that into the cost of the entry fee so the people in vegas get reimbursed for picking up the tv's ahead of time. People basically give away TV's if they're not flat screens. I have 2 consoles plus a modded xbox I can donate to the tourney, my buddy who lives there also has a modded xbox and a NES so there is 5 consoles right there. I'll be driving down for it(not a big fan of flying) so I can load up the car with some TV's and consoles.

I think it should be old school original NES season for sure but you guys know more on how this works with all of the midwest tourneys that you guys have done.

never thought I would say this but I'm interested in this tourney. I gotta see if I can sell those Myrtle Beach ticks to fund my flights. Or win my next two tourneys. But i mean it is a lot but the way I figure it I've already made a thousand bucks of tecmo this year. So if I don't win this I'm still up three hundred dollars.

Though like Chet I would rather do it closer to the midwest (if not in Buffalo)I still be down for Vegas if that is to be the host spot. Maybe if we sell this idea to a hotel resort we might be able to get a discount.

Some ideals on tv's I'll throw out here are to check the local flea markets or use craigslist, rent them. or have someone drive in with them. As for Nintendoes I might have five systems in my collection by next week which I would bring.

As for prizes the top four of course. then maybe small prizes for various things like making the playoffs, winning diviision, confrence, playoff game. Stat prizes and whatnot. It might be only 20-50 for a small prize but it could add up. I mean if we all paid 100 to prizes we can still give out some pretty big prizes for the top four and have a lot of cash for small prizes for various stuff.

say 1000, 500, 300, 200 for the top 4 and then over 800 left in various other prizes. Naturally if you got any of the top four positions odds would be good you would get at least 2 small prizes.

turns out my uncle lives in vegas now. not Hawaii. So if we don't have anyone local I can ask him to buy/borrow some of the tv's and we can reimburse him.

Another thing is that will players on defense be lined up where they are on the original. Or will it be possible to exchange say cb1 and cb2 and the like. Same with LB's and DL's.

As for any changes the only ones i support are making qb eagles 44 ms, and bringing down the top qb pc to 69. that would make five changes.

• 3 weeks later...
damn this fell to the wayside. so i guess 1st things 1st is to get a confirmation from 28 guys.

There tends to be a lot of excitement after a big tourney. If you stick with this thing, you'll probably get a strong core of guys.