Team ranking HEX locations?

COA Elway

Does anybody have the hex locations, for the Team Rankings screen, on the NES?

I added a 16th and final team, to the 15 team CIFL rom, but the team don't show up on the rankings screen. It's the only thing I need, then we can have a 2011 Arena football rom.

Any info would be helpful, but I'll keep searching.

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

so you've got the team in there - it just doesn't show up "graphically" on the Season-Mode "Team Rankings" screen? I will take a look-see.

Thanks Buck!

I've attached the rom. Utah Blaze does not show up in the team rankings.

Yes, I got it in after about a week and a half looking every night through code for two to three hours. My eyes were like this. :lol: I tried to understand the debugger. I just can't grasp it.

I noticed string of hex at X325BF that looked like the team numbers. Then,I seen a gap that had three 00 in a row, where as all the others had two. I put 0F in the first set of 00's and voila! it worked. I was fucking ecstatic!!! Then I noticed the new issue. I looked and looked and will continue to do so. Thanks for any help Buck and or anyone else! :lol:

ArenaBowl2011.rar

around x23bc6, I can see the mini-helmet data for that 16th team (x23c11)....but it's not being called up for that screen. so I believe there's some sort of "code" (assembly hex) needed to be modified so that it grabs all the teams. I'm sure you already knew that. probably a simple fix - who made this ROM anyways?

sorry, can't help.

• 1 year later...

For anyone interested the hex locations and explanation for changing team rankings screens:

The first group is for the offense and the second group for defense I believe:

X2397d change from 00 0E to 00 xx (where xx = 1 plus the number of teams in both leagues)

X23980 change from 00 0E to 00 xx (where xx = 1 plus the last team in the afc)

X23985 change from 0E 1C to XX YY (where xx = the first team in the nfc and yy = 1 plus the last team in the nfc)

X23989 change from 00 0E to 00 xx (where xx = 1 plus the number of teams in both leagues)

X2398B change from 00 0E to 00 xx (where xx = 1 plus the last team in the afc)

X23990 change from 0E 1C to XX YY (where xx = the first team in the nfc and yy = 1 plus the last team in the nfc)

Hope this is helpful.

• 1 month later...

ok - well I just discovered a little bug on the "tsb street" rom.

players on the 16th team I added in (the giants spot) do not show up for any of the INDIVIDUAL LEADER stats pages in season mode!

yikes. any ideas to fix this?

from mr. jstout:

For the CIFL rom, the leaders page:

x30041 = ALL LEADERS

x3003A = ATC LEADERS

x31F81 = GLC LEADERS

Value = # of Teams

ok - well I just discovered a little bug on the "tsb street" rom.

players on the 16th team I added in (the giants spot) do not show up for any of the INDIVIDUAL LEADER stats pages in season mode!

yikes. any ideas to fix this?

There's one more bug for that 16th team. The 16th team will not make the playoffs unless they win the division. If you used the one I made as the base, I believe I corrected it. If not, then it needs to be fixed as well.

It's in the playoff bracket portion of the code. There were like 6 bytes or so that were off. You might wanna check this out. I don't have the exact locations, because I never write stuff down. :(

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

There's one more bug for that 16th team. The 16th team will not make the playoffs unless they win the division. If you used the one I made as the base, I believe I corrected it. If not, then it needs to be fixed as well.

It's in the playoff bracket portion of the code. There were like 6 bytes or so that were off. You might wanna check this out. I don't have the exact locations, because I never write stuff down. :(

yeah I found that a while ago. unfortunately I didn't write it down either as I was just going in a trying lots of things.

yeah I found that a while ago. unfortunately I didn't write it down either as I was just going in a trying lots of things.

cool deal:) thanks for posting this info, I wasn't aware of the issue in the topic.