Running the option

disposablehero

I know xplozv made a rom with the option. Here is the link: viewtopic.php?f=100&t=12516&p=99274&hilit=option#p99274

Actually xplozv's play is a pass play coded to run like an option. It counts as rec yards. Jstout has create a new code that allows one to run the real option. Thankfully he ported the code over to my bro and me for our TSB3 NCAA game were doing. Its not in our beta yet, but I have used some coding I've learned to have scramble QBs run it more often then pocket QBs. We will have our game done here shortly, and it will contain real option plays. A Wildcat were you can choose to hand it off (not holding the B button) or fake and run it. (Holding B down cancels the handoff, but still does the play fake). Its freaking awesome!! Again our game doesn't have it here, but I do have a working copy of our game containing the jstout option. MT Remix thread. Hook 'Em!!!

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

Well I just finished a season of TSB on Genesis, running the option with San Francisco. STeve Young and Ricky Watters had 2000 yards in 14 games. The wildest thing, in all my previous seasons of running a real offense (all pass, split pass/run), I had less injuries to those two than any others and they were regularly taking 15 to 20 hits a game. Watters missed 2 games early on and Young was injured in the NFC Championship game, which was stupid because I should have taken him out by then. I couldn't believe under all that abuse that it would end up being my least injury season.

I know xplozv made a rom with the option. Here is the link: viewtopic.php?f=100&t=12516&p=99274&hilit=option#p99274

I gave this a couple of tries with Tennessee and Vince Young. I think I need a little more practice at it but I'd really want to see it in a NCAA rom.

While we're waiting for our men of Science to catch-up with all of our various Tecmo desires, I've got a pretty decent (in my opinion) workaround to running the Option.

I use the "T Fake Sweep" as run play 1, then the "Pro T Dive" as run play 4, and the "T Play-Action Dive" as pass play 1.

Of course, since the hand-offs are hardwired into both running plays, it's not a true option but, to the defense, it looks and even kinda feels like one. Then, with the pass play, you can keep it with the QB or pass it downfield.

I was mildly obsessed with the Option in high school (back in the 90s) and I used to run an attack like this with the Eagles and 49ers. Used to piss off my cousin something fierce 'cause he never knew where the ball was going. Good times. :lol: