7th Annual Madison Tecmo Tournament

holzy11

Off the wall question: can a matchup of AFC/NFC pro bowl be requested?

What I think Rod was trying to say, and correct me if I'm wrong Rod, was to go the "even" teams route. You can make both the AFC and NFC teams identical at every position so no one has a clear advantage for a team. Here is the roster pulled from Gamefaq Leif Powers FAQ part 1/2.

*Edit I didn't see that Rod made a post showing the best of each conference but this could also be some rosters to back up the pro bowl option even though I'm sure most wouldn't want

AFC

QB #1: Steve Beuerlein (Rai.)

QB #2: Gary Kubiak (Den.)

RB #1: James Brooks (Cin.)

RB #2: Blair Thomas (Jets)

RB #3: Chris Warren (Sea.)

RB #4: S.Jennings (Cin.)

WR #1: Haywood Jeffires (Hou.)

WR #2: Stephone Paige (K.C.)

WR #3: Mark Jackson (Den.)

WR #4: Irving Fryar (N.E.)

TE #1: Ozzie Newsome (Cle.)

TE #2: Paul Green (Den.)

C: Paul Fairchild (N.E.)

G #1 (top): Gregg Rakoczy (Cle.)

G #2 (bottom): Randy Dixon (Ind.)

T #1 (top): Will Woolford (Buf.)

T #2 (bottom): Jeff Criswell (Jets)

DE #1: Doug Smith (Hou.)

NT: Ron Stallworth (Jets)

DE #2: Lee Williams (S.D.)

LB #1: Kevin Walker (Cin.)

LB #2: Ed Reynolds (N.E.)

LB #3: Chris Singleton (N.E.)

LB #4: Terry Wooden (Sea.)

CB #1: Raymond Clayborn (Cle.)

CB #2: Tim McKyer (Mia.)

S #1: Brian Washington (Jets)

S #2: Jarvis Williams (Mia.)

K: Pete Stoyanovich (Mia.)

P: Brian Hansen (N.E.)

NFC

QB #1: Stan Humphries (Was.)

QB #2: Anthony Dilweg (G.B.)

RB #1: Emmitt Smith (Dal.)

RB #2: Harry Sydney (S.F.)

RB #3: Robert Drummond (Phi.)

RB #4: John Harvey (T.B.)

WR #1: Gary Clark (Was.)

WR #2: Sterling Sharpe (G.B.)

WR #3: Robert Clark (Det.)

WR #4: Hassan Jones (Min.)

TE #1: Ed West (G.B.)

TE #2: Damone Johnson (Rams)

C: Mark Stepnoski (Dal.)

G #1 (top): Ron Hallstrom (G.B.)

G #2 (bottom): Todd Kalis (Min.)

T #1 (top): Tim Irwin (Min.)

T #2 (bottom): Ron Heller (Phi.)

DE #1: Darryl Grant (Was.)

NT: Erik Howard (Gia.)

DE #2: Freddie Joe Nunn (Phx.)

LB #1: Mike Wilcher (Rams)

LB #2: Darrion Conner (Atl.)

LB #3: Eric Hill (Phx.)

LB #4: Fred Strickland (Rams)

CB #1: Mark Lee (G.B.)

CB #2: Don Griffin (S.F)

S #1: Mark Murphy (G.B.)

S #2: William White (Det.)

K: Steve Christie (T.B.)

P: Maury Buford (Chi.)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off the wall question: can a matchup of AFC/NFC pro bowl be requested?

What I think Rod was trying to say, and correct me if I'm wrong Rod, was to go the "even" teams route.

While I could see how that might be desirable, that is not really what i had in mind.

Graphic Question: I’m not sure what the street name for the graphics that pop up for say a potentially blocked kick, missed field goal, crotch catch or jump catch but I’m interested in finding a picture of the screen shot where the receiver and the defender jumping UP for a ball (the one where their hands and feet flutter/kick).

On that note- has anyone ever seen that particular jump graphic where the receiver jumps out the top of the screen and you can only see his feet when he catches it?

Thanks for the help (long time listener first time caller kinda thing here)

Yours Truly,

Uncle Ray Childress

Graphic Question: I’m not sure what the street name for the graphics that pop up for say a potentially blocked kick, missed field goal, crotch catch or jump catch but I’m interested in finding a picture of the screen shot where the receiver and the defender jumping UP for a ball (the one where their hands and feet flutter/kick).

On that note- has anyone ever seen that particular jump graphic where the receiver jumps out the top of the screen and you can only see his feet when he catches it?

Thanks for the help (long time listener first time caller kinda thing here)

Yours Truly,

Uncle Ray Childress

are you talking about the famed "super jump" where if you have a high power WR-DB combo that they both jet up in the air?

Yes. The super jump is what i'm talking about. Does anyone have an image of that? I've got a t-shirt that NEEDS to be made... and a houston oilers patch to be sewn.

If i'm forced to recreate the "super jump", what is the best WR/DB combo? Stephon Paige & Haddix?

Rice and Haddix though if you're going oilers you sure can bring Dick Johnson into the picture

Yes. The super jump is what i'm talking about. Does anyone have an image of that? I've got a t-shirt that NEEDS to be made... and a houston oilers patch to be sewn.

If i'm forced to recreate the "super jump", what is the best WR/DB combo? Stephon Paige & Haddix?

Rice and Haddix though if you're going oilers you sure can bring Dick Johnson into the picture

Yeah Dick and Jerry would be nice. Or you could switch it around to Givins/Hill and Haddix for a nice color.

I find I'm so excited [for Tecmo VII] I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it is the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion [in his Tecmo group] is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border [of Wisconsin]. I hope to see my [new Tecmo] friend, and shake [their] hand. I hope the [high def LCD Tecmo final is as sharp] as it has been in my dreams. I hope.

I find I'm so excited [for Tecmo VII] I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it is the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion [in his Tecmo group] is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border [of Wisconsin]. I hope to see my [new Tecmo] friend, and shake [their] hand. I hope the [high def LCD Tecmo final is as sharp] as it has been in my dreams. I hope.

I'll keep an eye out for you and the console ready. Remember, dotdon, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies. I will be hoping that this letter finds you, and finds you well. Your friend, Tecmo.

The tournament format, groups, and bracket are now posted on the website: tecmomadison.com. Please see the "Tecmo VII: Hoss Whisperer" and "Rules" tabs.

A reminder that Groups A-I (Jeff Bostic Region) and J-R (Sean Landeta Region) will commence group play at 10:00 a.m. Check-in is between 9:30 and 10:00 a.m. this Saturday. Groups S-AA (Joel Hilgenberg Region) and BB-JJ (Matt Millen Region) will begin group play at 12:30 p.m. Please check in between 12:00 and 12:30 p.m. The single elimination portion of the tournament will begin around 3:00 p.m.

The region names, incidentally, were chosen in honor of The Hoss. Bostic, Landeta, Hilgenberg, and Millen are some of only a few players sporting headbands in Tecmo. Looking forward to a tremendous tournament.

Two questions for the tournament organizers...

One, does the Madison Tecmo Tournament have an official position on the state budget battle that it will advise us Tecmoers to follow throughout the weekend?

And two, does our tournament entry fee cover transportation to and from the state capitol for those interested in protesting between games?

Two questions for the tournament organizers...

One, does the Madison Tecmo Tournament have an official position on the state budget battle that it will advise us Tecmoers to follow throughout the weekend?

Protesting is not only condoned, but encouraged. Governor Walker's anti-union stance would deal a crippling blow to Madison's up and coming Tecmo Union. Not surprisingly, a senior aide to Governor Walker recently hinted that the "Budget Bill" has a lot more to do with the Tecmo Union than Governor Walker would like to admit.

And two, does our tournament entry fee cover transportation to and from the state capitol for those interested in protesting between games?

No. Your entry fee covers annual Tecmo Union dues. Transportation is also unnecessary with the capitol building just 3-4 blocks away.

Thank you for not placing me in the Matt Millen region. Also, after last year's final I find it appropriate that Mort is in group JJ. See you on Saturday!

i have a strong suspicion that didn't happen by random chance.

You're giving us way too much credit. It seems the Tecmo Gods, however, are not without a sense of humor.

Surprisingly, we were sober when working on the site and seeding on Saturday.

Considering the amount of alcohol that flows into your bodies from an "average" night at the Plaza--you were all still metabolizing the ethanol Saturday and Sunday. So technically speaking, you were still drunk. And you yourself are still garbage.