WR1/LB1 = 5B4

WR2/LB2 = 5D4

TE/LB3 = 5F4

OL1/LB4 = 614

OL2/DB1 = 634

OL3/DB2 = 654

OL4/DB3 = 674

OL4/DB4 = 694

Was looking at a file where I lost the grapple. I slowed down the vid to lowest setting and saved 6 states for the grapple with the location shown (opponent was wr1, i was db4)

454 694

02 02

04 04

06 06

09 09

0D 0C

0D 01

If I load up state 6 it's at the point where it looks like I'm already tossed.

• 3 weeks later...

any idea where one might find the current week in the blue screen save state?

I've been using different weekly save states to try to find memory locations that hold the known week value but i haven't found any solid places.

edit: found a way around not being able to find the game week in the save state. Any info would still be appreciated - but not as urgent :)

Edited by taddeimania

any idea where one might find the current week in the blue screen save state?

I've been using different weekly save states to try to find memory locations that hold the known week value but i haven't found any solid places.

edit: found a way around not being able to find the game week in the save state. Any info would still be appreciated - but not as urgent :)

Why are you interested in this info?

for my stat extractor i'm working on (http://www.github.com/taddeimania/statparse)

My workaround was that my app (tecmo fantasy bowl) is aware of what week it is and if i try to load game X outside of the week it's supposed to be it will throw a fit. I'd like for my extractor to work independently of this information so other folks can use it for whatever they need.

Hmm it might not be in simple decimal format and might not exist at all. The games might just keep track of what game is up next...

Best bet is to save a state right before the end of the week and then right at the beginning and look for changed locations.

It's a painful time consuming process

Hmm it might not be in simple decimal format and might not exist at all. The games might just keep track of what game is up next...

Best bet is to save a state right before the end of the week and then right at the beginning and look for changed locations.

It's a painful time consuming process

heh that's how i spent most of last night. I saved a few games from week 1, week 2, week 3, week 15, and 17... copied all of their locations of the "week" as an unsigned byte and text (both unicode and ascii) to a spreadsheet and deleted any locations that weren't spread across all save states.

I don't think it's not in there because jstout's extractor gives you the week after the position id. Like I said - i'll leave it as a todo and let someone open a pull request if they want to fix it. Right now it's integrated into TFB and it's working like a dream :)

I thought jstouts extractor was pulling the week Id from the rom file name.

So leagues included the week number with weekly rom releases. I could be wrong though

hrm you may be on to something, i never took a real close look to the first slot after the posid but with a save state named okoyenuts.nst it put a 0 there. guess you're right. Oh well - guess i'll have to give up on the week bit for this extractor.

btw thanks for all the help bru, if it weren't for your java app i wouldn't be anywhere close to where I ended up.

and by help i mean reverse engineering i did :P

Edited by taddeimania

• 3 years later...
  • 5 years later...