Lincoln, NE Tourney - Jan 29th, 2011

Knobbe

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job on the interview, Matt. Those radio guys took some of the classic low blows, but what can you expect from radio personalities?

Good luck to everyone at the tournament tomorrow! It will be great to read the recap and watch the video.

Nice job on the interview, Matt. Those radio guys took some of the classic low blows, but what can you expect from radio personalities?

Good luck to everyone at the tournament tomorrow! It will be great to read the recap and watch the video.

Sometimes I forget that people aren't constantly immersed in the world of Tecmo.

I was thinking they were going to be asking me to rattle off the starting offensive line for the Houston Oilers but I should have known better.

Actually it was a pretty fun time...they put on an entertaining show and they were the guys I referenced last week about the Bart Scott parody.

Off to a great start here with a 2 hour delay on flight.

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

That sucks dude...send me a text when you get in or let me know if you don't have my digits

I haven't checked the tecmo boards in a long time and when I finally do I find that there is going to be a tourney in Lincoln! I'm pissed I can't make this. Hopefully you have more of these Matt because I am almost 99% sure that I will be moving back to Omaha this May.

I haven't checked the tecmo boards in a long time and when I finally do I find that there is going to be a tourney in Lincoln! I'm pissed I can't make this. Hopefully you have more of these Matt because I am almost 99% sure that I will be moving back to Omaha this May.

Yeah I should have tried to track you guys down a little better.

Let any of your other buddies that are still around know if you can.

I could really see doing this once a year about this time. The guy who owns the bar was interested in me having people there once a month but I'm thinking that's a bit much

Rod, are you streaming live video of the tourney? If not, at least get someone to take pics with their cells and upload them to this thread or flickr or whatever. Cell videos under 30 seconds can be sent to youtube easily too! Fans need some love.

Rod, are you streaming live video of the tourney? If not, at least get someone to take pics with their cells and upload them to this thread or flickr or whatever. Cell videos under 30 seconds can be sent to youtube easily too! Fans need some love.

If I remember and no one else does it I will upload some videos from my cell here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/jonhellinga

I'll plan on streaming if I can...perhaps all day on one computer

If I end up posting anything, it would be to twitter @FloFanClub Time to go to a party, then drive to Madison WI, to then turn around and drive to Lincoln, then dominate in some Tecmo. It's going to be a loooong day.

Google Maps: 493.4 miles -- 8 hours 12 minutes

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

Fellas!

Just wanted to say what a great time I had today! Awesome to meet some of you face to face, great vibe all day long. It was cool because Tecmo can bring out the worst in some people (because we all want to win and hate getting "Tecmo'd") but everyone was so cool and chill, there was none of that.

Rod, thanks so much for all your hard work!! Also, Id love if the tourney was a monthly thing, I could at least bring Tim and Bob every time and a couple others as well.

PS Losing 10-7 on a JJ sucks BALLZ!!

Thanks guys! Awesome saturday!

Fun tournament. Thanks for putting it on Rod. Good atmosphere that included local Tecmo enthusiasts and some solid players.

Disappointing tourmament for Josh, I, and Flo. Josh and I lose to the same local guy (eventual champ) in back-to-back games. Nice guy and a solid player, but probably not a Tecmo elite, as he (the champ) mentioned post-tournament. Way too much messing around on offense for me in 1st half (bomb offense for fun, going for it on 4th&12 at my own 6) came back to bite me in the 2nd half, as this guy was better than I had originally gauged. He played a solid and mistake-free game.

Josh loses a tough one immediately thereafter. Running in the open field (champ's 35 yard line) with the game tied and clock ticking under 30 seconds in the 4th quarter, and with two lead blockers locked onto the champ's man-controlled defender, a drone mob catches Josh near the sideline and he fumbles. One play later, champ kicks a 70 yard FG at the gun to win it. Tough loss, especially considering two Steve Walsh to Martin CC's (both on 4th down, one against Clifton and another against McMillan) kept a game-tieing drive alive on the preceding possession.

Flo loses to Rod in Sweet 16 in Browns-Packers game. Leading by 7 in the 4th quarter, Rod calls 4 straight Flo plays to seal the win. Nice tournament for Rod, as he eventually made Final 4.

Other finalist was a guy I beat in group play by 3+ TD's. In sum, fun tournament but disappointing on a personal level from a results standpoint. Had a blast anyway and hope Rod makes it an annual event. Congrats to the champ. I'm now forever erasing this tournament from my memory and turning my attention to "The Hoss Whisperer" in Madison. Ohhhhhhhhh!!!!