SNES Graphics editor

LWN

Yep. Were aware of it. A few of us prefer to do it manually to get more accurate colors. The black stripe won't work unless you draw it by hand because the stripe shares the jersey color by default.

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

Thanks for the tip, and I agree, I used it and it changes the facemasks to the same color as the helmet. Not so cool.

Not sure what you mean. That's a small php script I wrot to help me with colors on SNES tecmo.

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

Do you have to open up the rom file with a program to edit it?

Sorry to sound dumb, I'm so new to this, it's a bit confusing for me.

Oh, no, that page is just a reference guide that gives you the locations for a few things for each team. I was sick of having to calculate it manually, so I wrote that script as a helper...I also kept forgetting what each color in the uniform represented, so I put that on there too...the only tools I use for this are available in the "download palette tools" link on that page. It includes:

SPUE

SNES Palette Editor

and SPU (great for end-zones because it helps you pick anti-aliasing colors)

I also use iconico's color picker (which isn't included in the download, but is free)

Basically you can just load up the wikipedia page for a team and use color picker's eye dropper to grab the RGB and input that into SNESPal. For end-zone editing, that's a whole other tricky monster, but for simple uniform edits, it's pretty simple.