TSB High School Rom Tryouts

I've always wanted to make a TSB rom for the "Greatest High School Football Teams of All-Time" and even though I'm swamped in life and other TSB/TB projects I thought it would be fun to get the brainstorming started. I'm taking any and all suggestions for teams, let's call it tryouts, then I will begin the process of cutting down the list to 32 teams. I'd love to hear your votes for which team you'd want and why if you are so inspired.

I'd also consider just doing teams that people want and going away from the "Greatest All-Time" theme if there is enough interest. Let's say 8 people post 4 teams from their neck of the woods that you'd like to play with in TSB then that would be great and I'd go that way. If you do post your 4 then do me the favor of posting their city, state, team colors and mascots to save me a ton of internet searching time. Knowing how unsuccessful some of my ideas/posts are I am not very hopeful this will happen but maybe you'll surprise me!

Greatest High School Football Teams of All-Time (In no particular order)

Maryville High, Tennessee

Odessa Permian, Texas

Southlake Carroll, Texas

Miami Northwestern, Florida

Valdosta, Georgia

Katy, Katy, Texas

Mater Dei Monarchs, Santa Ana, California

Orange Lutheran Lancers, Orange, California

St.Ignatius, Ohio

St. Xavier Bombers, Cincinnati, Ohio

Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin, Ohio

Waco, Waco Texas

Hampton, Hampton, Virginia

Oaks Christian Lions, Westlake Village, California

John Curtis Christian, River Ridge, Louisiana

Evangel Christian Academy Eagles, Shreveport, Louisiana

Byrnes, South Carolina

Don Bosco Prep Ironmen, Ramsey, New Jersey

Bergen Catholic Crusaders, Oradell, New Jersey

Mt.Carmel, Illinois

Central Catholic Fighting Irish, Toledo, Ohio

Massillon Washington Tigers, Massillon, Ohio

Archbishop Moeller, Cincinnati, Ohio

St.Thomas Aquinas, Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Recent USA Today Top25:

Trinity, Euless, Texas

South Panola Tigers, Batesville, Mississippi

Bingham, South Jordan, Utah

Phoebus, Hampton, Virginia

Manatee, Bradenton, Florida

Camden County, Kingsland, Georgia

Hoover Bucs, Birmingham, Alabama

Hamilton Huskies, Chandler, Arizona

De La Salle, Concord, California

Har-Ber, Springdale, Arkansas

Glenville, Cleveland, Ohio

Cocoa Tigers, Cocoa, Florida

North Gwinnett, Suwanee, Georgia

West Monroe, West Monroe, Louisiana

Dorman Cavaliers, Roebuck, South Carolina

Grant, Sacramento, California

Miami Central, Miami, Florida

Glades Central, Belle Glade, Florida

Warren Central, Indianapolis, Indiana

Mullen Mustangs, Denver, Colorad

Wheaton Warrenville South, Wheaton, Illinois

Jenks, Jenks, Oklahoma

Lincoln Trojans, Tallahassee, Florida

Servite Friars, Anaheim, California

Ely Blanche Mighty Tigers, Pompano Beach, Florida

Cretin-Derham Hall Raiders, St.Paul, Minnesota

McKinley Bulldogs, Canton, Ohio

Carter Cowboys, Dallas, Texas

Long Beach Polytechnic Jackrabbits, Long Beach, California

Archbishop Moeller Crusaders, Cincinnati, Ohio

Other Possibilities:

Licking Valley Panthers, Licking Valley, Ohio

Lakeland, Lakeland, Florida

Escambia, Escambia, Florida

DeMatha, Maryland

Good Counsel, Maryland

Four Teams from My Area:

Robinson Rams, Fairfax, Virginia

Lake Braddock Bruins, Burke, VA

Centreville Wildcats, Centreville, VA

Westfield Bulldogs, Chantilly, VA

Not effing with you. Kimberly is in the heart of Wisconsin's paper-making region...the mascot is actually a paper wasp. Very odd, I know, but unique, nonetheless! There are a million eagles, warriers, various species of cats, but as far as I know, only one paper-wasp...

This is a good idea, btw. I had always planned to do something like this for TB...

John Curtis Christian, River Ridge, Louisiana

This is a great idea for a rom. I must admit though that I know this team all too well, they were great in every phase for alot of years. Lost to them 2 years in a row in the championship 4A game in 1997 21-6 & in 1998 21-7. My old high school Eunice High Bobcats, Eunice, Louisiana has never been back since! :)

You did a good Job on capturing most of the traditional high school powers. I'm from NY there aren't many traditional powers here. And when there are elite prospects here, they usually put up ridiculous numbers. Mike Hart, Colts RB and Former Wolverine star, rushed for 3341-Sophmore, 2866-Junior, and 3489-Senior. The All-Time leading WR in New York State history only has 3405 yds for his career. My senior year a kid rushed for over 3000 yds leading his team to a state title but he played vs schools who had a graduating class of 50-70 people.He went to Ohio State and then transfered to Maryland but never was a star. New York's most famous current player is Ray Rice. He was on some very good teams and he played in one of the best State Finals ever when they played Christian Brothers Academy while (former Duke Point Guard/Syracuse QB) Greg Paulus was a Sr. About 7 kids from that game went D1 in Football or Basketball.

Its a pretty tough to judge high school teams because each state has a different way of classifying teams and some allow private schools to compete in the state playoffs vs public schools and others don't. Also, you have schools in TX, CA and FL who have spring football that provides them with a huge (and unfair, IMO) advantage. Since Espn started airing HS Football games in 2004, I've notice that one elite Div I prospect can dominate a game even when the other team has 6 or 7 kids going to D1 programs. Thus, it can skew how some people HS football in one state versus another.

De La Salle (CA)-Had a ridiculous 151 game win streak, Southlake Carrol (TX), Hampton High (Va.), Hoover (AL), Evangeline Christian (LA), Don Boscoe Prep (NJ) are schoosl that I know, have been good for a very long time. And there are about 15 other schools from that list who have great tradition or have been dominant lately.

I think the fastest RB should be 44ms on a high school rom. Just an idea.

Why? Are you thinking they should be two MS levels below the original RBs since they are two levels of football below already. I'm thinking I want it to be as close to the original as possible.

Keep the teams coming :)

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

I think it's a great idea! I'm pulling for Jenks, Oklahoma.....great school tradition.....Which Odessa-Permian team are you thinking about?

You ever see the NFL Network High School football docu-drama on Jenks and their hated rival? It's awesome. I don't know which Odessa-Permian, I didn't know there was two, please enlighten me here as to which I should use?! That's a weird name to be used twice. :)

The 12 high school programs covered in this book include the following:

Carroll High School. (Southlake, Texas),

Katy High School (Katy, Texas),

Miami Northwestern High School (Miami, Florida),

Lakeland High School (Lakeland, Florida),

De La Salle High School (Concord, California),

Colerain High School (Cincinnati, Ohio),

Central Catholic High School (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania),

Jenks High School (Jenks, Oklahoma),

Lowndes High School (Valdosta, Georgia),

South Panola High School (Batesville, Mississippi),

Independence High School (Charlotte, North Carolina),

Evangel Christian Academy (Shreveport, Louisiana)

post-7015-13413728619429_thumb.jpg

Oh Yes!!! Jenks Vs Union!!! That is always a heated rivalry!!!!! Well if I had to chose which Permian team to do it would be the 89 Panthers.....Stoney Case led them to an undefeated state championchip....also had Roy Williams step brother Lloyd Hill at wideout......most fans would want you to include the 88 Panthers from 'Friday Night Lights" book & movie fame tho.......

Oh Yes!!! Jenks Vs Union!!! That is always a heated rivalry!!!!! Well if I had to chose which Permian team to do it would be the 89 Panthers.....Stoney Case led them to an undefeated state championchip....also had Roy Williams step brother Lloyd Hill at wideout......most fans would want you to include the 88 Panthers from 'Friday Night Lights" book & movie fame tho.......

I was thinking I'd do random names for the rosters instead of historically accurate rosters but that's good to know. Maybe I could use the big time players/graduates from each of the schools?! I thought about doing a football movie rom too!! Maybe I'll do that down the road. God knows there are plenty of teams to choose from with all the football movies out there. I want real, powerhouse, tons of wins, quality high school programs for this high school rom. By the way, to my knowledge there is only one other high school rom that I think was Illinois High Schools only and it's in the mass download file at tecmosbcom.

The 12 high school programs covered in this book include the following:

Carroll High School. (Southlake, Texas),

Katy High School (Katy, Texas),

Miami Northwestern High School (Miami, Florida),

Lakeland High School (Lakeland, Florida),

De La Salle High School (Concord, California),

Colerain High School (Cincinnati, Ohio),

Central Catholic High School (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania),

Jenks High School (Jenks, Oklahoma),

Lowndes High School (Valdosta, Georgia),

South Panola High School (Batesville, Mississippi),

Independence High School (Charlotte, North Carolina),

Evangel Christian Academy (Shreveport, Louisiana)

Can't believe I forgot Independence HS they won something like 47 in a row

Can't believe I forgot Independence HS they won something like 47 in a row

My brother-in-law lived in their school district during the streak. I dragged him to a game during their run and he was shocked at the crowds, fans, players and the whole event. Chris Leak was the QB! (Go Gators!) I believe they have had two long streaks too. Now that I think about it, we might have been there during a shorter but still serious run of wins.

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

last night, abe eldridge of the peabody warriors blocked a punt for a TD, ran for a touchdown, had 8 tackles, and made a couple of TD-springing blocks in a blowout 8-man game that was called at the half.

• 2 weeks later...