Tecmoers who favor the SNES version...

TecmoTurd

Every now and then this topic arises, but we've had a lot of new people join in the past few years, so I thought I'd post again. Everyone here knows my affinity for the SNES version, but I'm wondering who here prefers the SNES over the NES, or at minimum, likes it equally or has a good time playing it...

SNES leagues have a hard time staying afloat, but I feel like a pickup league might work better for the SNES version. No game obligations, no drafts, just casual pickup games for fun. I'm contemplating adding SNES support to the Tecmo Bowl TPC type project I'm working on for the red-headed stepchildren of Tecmo. Support could be added for NCAA ROMS, the original ROM, MRNFL's ROM, etc...

I think the SNES players are part of a small enough group that it could still be considered a "league" as opposed to just a rankings site like the TPC is...much like what I think "Meatspin The League" was (or still is?). Anyways, whether I do this project or not has no bearing on my original reason for asking the question, and that is really to rehash the old "who here plays the SNES version" question. Discuss.

I also ask this because I have a boatload of hacks that xplosv sent me that he converted from the NES ROM. These are things we've wanted for a while, and he's been hard at work converting a lot of these, as well as some other things to make the SNES version better...thinks like:

Fumble occurrence, INT occurrence, QB Fumble probability, clock speed, PA/PC hack...

I love playing them all. I'm partial to TSB3, but I also play TSB as well. I will play the nes versions sometimes, but usually snes all the way!!!

BTW, I wish someone would edit TSB2, I hate the music but the cut out screens or should I say the screen shots like when you get a sack or score. Those I like better than TSB3, sorry for rambling on

I would take the SNES version over the NES any day of the week.

I like them both, but i played the SNES first, and I thought it was a whole lot better. More realistic uniforms, the endzones with the teams logos too were really cool.

I am praying one day we will get a 32 team rom of the SNES version.

Where the hell were all you guys when I tried to get the league revived? So, now that you've all professed your love for SNES, would you play pickup games?

You know, I thought the PC/PA hack wasn't necessary too, but xplosv sent me the hack, I just haven't tested it yet. It'd be easy to apply and then test to see if QBs were really awful with 6PC...that would technically not increase CCs, but would make a lot of throws off-target. Once my TB editor was out in beta, I planned on testing all these hacks and getting my SNES on (by applying some hacks to MRNFL's release and playing a 1P season). I'll also probably copy my player models over to MRNFL's ROM, as I touched up the socks a bit so they look a bit cleaner with the sock color applied...

Of course. I wish you played online though.

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

One day I may give it a shot lol. But I hardly find free time for any video game between classwork and other things. Plus, at least in the last year or two, I really haven't actually played Tecmo hardly at all. I don't see myself even attempting a season on my new rom in the near future.

Hey Chief,

I championed TSB 3 a while back, and I have been playing on console with some friends starting at week 10 with all the worst teams and trying to win out with each of them to see who makes it to the playoffs. It is a blast! Kind of peaking my interest again in SNES. I thought about throwing my name in the hat for your league, but I am in one league that I love, and am a busy guy.

Hit me up on AIM whenever you see me I would play pick up games with any of you.

• 2 weeks later...

I love all the Tecmo's and would enjoy playing some Super Tecmo games online. I have mostly been playing Tecmo on the NES online at this time but games have not been so easy to come by even through TPC at times. But if you are up for some casual pick up games on the SNES give me a hollar

AIM = RudyNDGOLD

I am normally online around 7p-11p or later some nights during the week Mon-Thur.

It's good to see SNES peoples playin' the game. I'm actually working on a SNES and Tecmo Bowl TPC site (the red-headed step-children of Tecmo)...but for now, I"d be happy to play a few games on MRNFL's ROM with ya...you know my IM, hit me up whenever you see me online...

• 4 weeks later...

I think we need a good SNES league. I've had some success with it, but people's interest always wains at the end of a season or 2. Lots of new faces around here, perhaps something could get off the ground. I can't personally do it right now. Best I could do is provide a website.