Tecmoers who favor the SNES version...

TecmoTurd

Nothing has happened to us. I started writing an SNES website, got a good amount done (can upload saves and whatnot) but I just started a new job, and have been going to bed early to be prepared for it...slim and I have been in talks on how best to make this happen, but that's as far as we've gotten. I am refreshed and reenergized, I just haven't had the time to take it to the next level yet...

30 Team SNES Rom wouldn't be bad either!

I would work my ass off on a 1996, 1997 and a 1998 Rom if we ever got a 30 team one. Then the NFC West would be more fun to play with against the Panthers with the 49ers. The only team in the original rom I can ever get to challenge me is the Dome Patrol Saints, and they usually fail with Wade Wilson throwing the ball to the other team.

• 1 year later...

Tecmo Super Bowl III is hands down my favorite version. I recently revisited the NES and TSB I Super Nintendo versions, but I cannot get into either of them for a variety of reasons.

tecmo minority....

Edited by CheapCatch

I like the looks of SNES TSB 1 the best but I like the options of II (3 year mode w/ changing rosters & different D types as well as a strong playing D, the D on III is way to easy to run on) I would like to see a tweaked II with accurate rosters, a little smarter D & some juice & my TSB life would be in good shape.

Tecmobowl (NES), Tecmo Superbowl (NES), & Tecmo Superbowl (SNES) are all a toss up for me. I love to play those 3...........The 3 year one (SNES) is cool because of all the options, but the smoothness and flow of the game play went out the window, and to me, thats where it started going downhill.

• 2 weeks later...

Excuse me, I feel an Andy Rooney moment coming on. Here it comes...

Why is it that so many people seem to prefer the NES version of TSB over the SNES version? Until earlier tonight, I had only played the NES version. I was signing up for the TPC when I noticed that it supports the SNES version as well, so I gave it a shot. From first appearances, it seems just as good, if not better (thanks to graphical updates) than the NES version. Does the SNES version have problems under the hood I haven't noticed yet? Is it harder to modify and update?

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question. I'm relatively new here, and I was just curious.

• 3 months later...

The SNES version for me. Even though the NES version was the first one I played, I like the SNES version. I find it far to easy to score in the NES version, plus cheap plays (easy sacks, deep passes, blocking FG) are not as apparent in the SNES one. Better graphics help, and I am a big fan of logos in the end zones. Big fan of both but I personally like the SNES version.

I grew up with the SNES version and it's my favorite. It can be more difficult. i can go undefeated easily on the NES and rack up 600 yards a game. A lot harder on this one.

I hear that. As much as I love the NES it is a little to easy offensively. Not as much of an issue now as the ability toscale back players makes it a little more challenging. At this point in my life I need sports games with good single player, career modes. Although I can run through SNES quite easily as well.

I always found running with the QB to be one of the big downfalls of the NES gameplay. I think SNES gets it right.

Really? I can't comment on running with QB's in the NES version as I don't play it as much, and since the 49ers are my team the NES version makes me use Montana. The SNES version with Steve Young (who I believe in that version is the best QB in any version of Tecmo ever) seems to be fine with him running so you're probably right.

Yes I said it .... Steve Young..... SNES (or Genesis) on TSB is the greatest QB in the history of the game.

Pass Speed - 63 (not great, but good enough)

Pass Control - 81

Pass Accuracy - 75

While a tick behind Montana (56/81/81 in NES) and his AR edges Young 75 to 69, Young's 44 MS ends the discussion. 2nd fastest QB in the games history behind Cunningham ... I mean QB Eagles and is a better passer. Not mention he's throwing to arguably the great player to ever play in Tecmo. Yes, Rice was the best wideout in every version. West Coast Offence 'til we die!!!!

Anyway both great, but if I could just slightly update the SNES version, I'd be good. Maybe I should make a thread on it.

I hear that. As much as I love the NES it is a little to easy offensively. Not as much of an issue now as the ability toscale back players makes it a little more challenging. At this point in my life I need sports games with good single player, career modes. Although I can run through SNES quite easily as well.

Really? I can't comment on running with QB's in the NES version as I don't play it as much, and since the 49ers are my team the NES version makes me use Montana. The SNES version with Steve Young (who I believe in that version is the best QB in any version of Tecmo ever) seems to be fine with him running so you're probably right.

Yes I said it .... Steve Young..... SNES (or Genesis) on TSB is the greatest QB in the history of the game.

Pass Speed - 63 (not great, but good enough)

Pass Control - 81

Pass Accuracy - 75

While a tick behind Montana (56/81/81 in NES) and his AR edges Young 75 to 69, Young's 44 MS ends the discussion. 2nd fastest QB in the games history behind Cunningham ... I mean QB Eagles and is a better passer. Not mention he's throwing to arguably the great player to ever play in Tecmo. Yes, Rice was the best wideout in every version. West Coast Offence 'til we die!!!!

Anyway both great, but if I could just slightly update the SNES version, I'd be good. Maybe I should make a thread on it.

I agree with you, Steve Young is probably the best overall player in that game. I like Moon better, but Young has more scrambling ability. I have never escaped more sacks in these games with anyone besides Young. You can shake off 2 or 3 guys and still throw a deep ball and it be caught by Taylor or Rice.