MrNFL's 2010 Season SNES NFL Rom! (FINAL EDITION IS HERE!)

MrNFL

Decided I'd give a progress report. I've been busy and/or lazy lately so I haven't even gotten started on any midseason update. But I should have some free time soon and might look into it.

The problem is how wacky the season has been. I would want to swap in Tampa/Rams for sure and maybe Cleveland, but I'd have to figure out who to swap out. Plus, any graphic thing is time consuming as hell. Plus, I've been slow because if possible, the changes I make I don't want to make again. (Trying to guess at midseason who will finish the worst is tough) And tweaking the schedule is a pain, not to mention roster stuff.

So that's where I am at. I'll look at the standings after this week. If Cleveland is in, probably Denver goes out. In the NFC, like I said, TB/STL in for sure. But to figure out between Carolina, San Fran, and Dallas. (I'd like to keep the Lions in)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should think about maybe removing the large helmets and just doing logos, or blanking them out...might save you some time. I know it's more aesthetically pleasing to include those edits, but I bet most of us really only care about playing the game, and as long as in-game stuff is good to go, I think that's probably fine, especially since it seems you've been getting busier.

Furthermore, you should include the 4 missing teams TSBTool Text anyways, and then if we had a generic ROM, we could just swap them in ourselves. You could even blank out the end-zone graphics...while cool, they aren't necessary...I started this for a few ROMs i was was working on back in the day and it worked well for those purposes. I contemplate now and again finishing that generic ROM so I can use it for league play...

You should think about maybe removing the large helmets and just doing logos, or blanking them out...might save you some time. I know it's more aesthetically pleasing to include those edits, but I bet most of us really only care about playing the game, and as long as in-game stuff is good to go, I think that's probably fine, especially since it seems you've been getting busier.

Furthermore, you should include the 4 missing teams TSBTool Text anyways, and then if we had a generic ROM, we could just swap them in ourselves. You could even blank out the end-zone graphics...while cool, they aren't necessary...I started this for a few ROMs i was was working on back in the day and it worked well for those purposes. I contemplate now and again finishing that generic ROM so I can use it for league play...

Jersey changes and schedule changes still take quite a bit of time. Not a bad idea, though. One reason I prefer the SNES though is the graphic look, however.

I agree with you on the graphics, it's my favorite version of the game for that reason as well. The uniform changes are easy in my opinion, it's drawing logos/end-zones, recoloring helmets that make it a bitch. But alas, it's just a suggestion. You know I appreciate the SNES love you bring...

That's what i did on my old school roms. i removed the large helmets and placed the shield in. I also have a mapped out endzone rom that says just "TECMO" in it. i haven't finished it though. I would finish it if there;s enough interest. It's very time consuming. ;)

I actually think the end-zone ROM would be cool...if you don't finish it, I'd be interested in it...you could easily just change the colors of the word Tecmo to and it could still retain some of the team's identity...were you able to make them all look pretty uniform?

I'd help with this for sure. You could even add a little drop-shadow to the text so you could have the background, the text, and the drop-shadow color...might be kind of cool.

If you have even the half-finished version of this, can you PM it to me? I'd like to see it...

• 1 month later...
New to the forums... I've downloaded the Juiced 2010 and znes... i've gotten the game to load but only get the opening credits (very nice by the way) how do i get the actual game to play?

When you load up go under the Config menu and input

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Your rom is the best, as always, you make the greatest SNES stuff on this forum, but I have a glitch. For GB the Kick off returner is Aaron Rodgers. I believe the original KO returner was injured early in my season and replaced with Rodgers while it says Jordy Nelson is the return man.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anyone thinking of continuing his rom?

I pondered this one.

I made a rom, with simplistic endzones and removed the large helmets, to make the game easier to edit. It's just hard for me to leave out 4 teams and an inaccurate schedule. It's just not fun for me. :wink: