4Play Studios presents: Tecmo Bowl 32

TecmoTurd

Warren and I just finished tweaking some stuff. New ROM posted in top thread. Update includes:

- A couple of changes to reflect cuts (Leinart, Housh, etc).

- Updated colors on a few uniforms

- Made N.O. a split-back team, updated their playbook, added Pierre Thomas in place of Meachem

- Added McFadden to OAK in place of Murphy so that they worked as a split-back team

More changes will come to this ROM as we shore things up, but this is pretty damn close to the final product. Mostly just tweaking now.

If anyone wants a ROM with any of the following hacks, let me know:

-Int hack to increase/decrease probability of interception/incompletion based on defender's special ability rating (previously unused in original ROM). Currently DB's get 15, LB 10, DL 5 with 15 = 93.something percent chance of an int

-Juiced

-QB cannot run past the line of scrimmage. Weird hack? Not really once you talk to Brad/Cam. This will be good for leagues with the no QB running rule...

- CPU drones attack the ball-carrier better

I'll release it to a few people in a few days for testing. I know someone else was planning a NCAA version, and I think it's a cool idea. Best part about this ROM is no graphics editing, so it'll be easier for noobs to try their hand at editing.

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

I'll release it to a few people in a few days for testing. I know someone else was planning a NCAA version, and I think it's a cool idea. Best part about this ROM is no graphics editing, so it'll be easier for noobs to try their hand at editing.

Agreed. I've played a couple more games and I'm liking it more. Just for kicks I then played TSB for the nes and surprisingly the original Tecmo Bowl (4plays Studio's version) seems to have a better presentation on field. The players are bigger, and I can't quite put my finger on it, but it plays smoother somehow. TB is how I want my rom to feel. It would rock then. Seriously, if your reading this thread and haven't downloaded it yet, you need to. I'm a TSB3 guy, but I have a new mistress. The 32 teams makes this version of the game worth your time. Don't play it for realism, there are plenty of those kinds of roms here for that, play it for the same reasons you did back then, for the love of video games. Laters, Hook 'Em!! We have 2 guys who are sons of Cowboys greats, now that's a win/win!!

BTW, I don't know how your doing the season, but Dallas starts with Washington, Chicago, then Houston.

This Brings up another couple questions:

1) Can you update the first post explaining the schedule, including the password? I know I can create a save slot, but does the password work and where would I input it if it does?

2) Are ya'll using the best 9 players of the O and D?

3) Can a team have 3 pass plays and only one run?

I completely agree about the presentation. I LOVE the larger player models...

1) Can you update the first post explaining the schedule, including the password? I know I can create a save slot, but does the password work and where would I input it if it does?

Sure, I'll explain it...what do you need to know? The schedule was done by jstout. I actually plan on tweaking this for the final release, although it won't be 100% accurate because week 16 is the super bowl, so you get 15 regular season games and a super bowl. That's not enough to get the whole schedule in place...

Yeah, that was the goal. Suggestions are welcome if you have them...

You can have any mix of pass or run plays...

Looking forward to seeing what you can do with an NCAA ROM...

I completely agree about the presentation. I LOVE the larger player models...

Sure, I'll explain it...what do you need to know? The schedule was done by jstout. I actually plan on tweaking this for the final release, although it won't be 100% accurate because week 16 is the super bowl, so you get 15 regular season games and a super bowl. That's not enough to get the whole schedule in place...

Yeah, that was the goal. Suggestions are welcome if you have them...

You can have any mix of pass or run plays...

Looking forward to seeing what you can do with an NCAA ROM...

I was just wondering how the season worked. That's a good enough explanation. And I'll wait on the NCAA version until I see ya'lls final project. Then I'll look under the hood and see how this baby's engine runs.

As Tecmoturd said I made the schedule on the rom using the actual 2010-2011 schedule where each team plays their actual schedule minus the first time you play in division (all division opponents are set on the second matchup). The last three games are the second then first best conference team you haven't faced (based upon Las Vegas Odds of winning the AFC or NFC) then you finish with the best out of conference opponent you haven't faced (based upon Las Vegas Odds of winning the Super Bowl).

Passwords do work and you input them on the team select screen where you move to the Password option at the bottom and hit ok then you will be allowed to type in the password.

As Tecmoturd said I made the schedule on the rom using the actual 2010-2011 schedule where each team plays their actual schedule minus the first time you play in division (all division opponents are set on the second matchup). The last three games are the second then first best conference team you haven't faced (based upon Las Vegas Odds of winning the AFC or NFC) then you finish with the best out of conference opponent you haven't faced (based upon Las Vegas Odds of winning the Super Bowl).

Passwords do work and you input them on the team select screen where you move to the Password option at the bottom and hit ok then you will be allowed to type in the password.

Yeah, I'm an idiot most the time. After I posted that question, I went to play it and I saw the password option. The schedule is good, I was just wondering.

Warren and I just finished tweaking some stuff. New ROM posted in top thread. Update includes:

- A couple of changes to reflect cuts (Leinart, Housh, etc).

- Updated colors on a few uniforms

- Made N.O. a split-back team, updated their playbook, added Pierre Thomas in place of Meachem

- Added McFadden to OAK in place of Murphy so that they worked as a split-back team

More changes will come to this ROM as we shore things up, but this is pretty damn close to the final product. Mostly just tweaking now.

If anyone wants a ROM with any of the following hacks, let me know:

-Int hack to increase/decrease probability of interception/incompletion based on defender's special ability rating (previously unused in original ROM). Currently DB's get 15, LB 10, DL 5 with 15 = 93.something percent chance of an int

-Juiced

-QB cannot run past the line of scrimmage. Weird hack? Not really once you talk to Brad/Cam. This will be good for leagues with the no QB running rule...

- CPU drones attack the ball-carrier better

I think that the CPU drones attack ball carrier better should just be an automatic. It would add just that much more difficulty when juking defenders as the routes they take to make tackles can be comical at times. As for what you guys have done... WOW, just WOW!!! :lol: Too good.

I agree with not changing to gameplay too much. Only suggestion with plays is make sure pass ing routes are different for each play due to the interceptions being high. Calling the. Wrong pass play will insure a WR will be open then. If WR1 runs a deep pattern on both plays, he's always covered if I call a pass play.

I'd rather not modify the original gameplay for the base ROM. It's so easy to apply, a patch is sufficient.

No doubt! People should always have the base rom with the option to add patches/hacks and not got a rom with a hack you can't remove. Agreed.

I'd love to get the beta version of your TB Tool that you're making. Do you have a release date? Sorry to nag, I'm just so darn eager! :)