Chicago Tourney Coming...need help

Tjw36

I'm new to the board and need a little help.

I'm part of a group that will be launching a tourney in the next 30 days. I'm looking for some resources though to help get this going.

Can anyone help me find:

1. Copy of some official rules that are used in ano of the other off line tourneys?

2. Any idea where I can buy a couple extra game systems and games?

Once locations and sponsors are secured, I'll put it out to the group. Any suggestions, feel free to email me below too.

Thanks for help

Tim Weaver

DrmProductions

e. [email protected]

9 Simple Tournament Rules:

1. Have Fun!

2. No throwing equipment or intentionally damaging equipment. Doing so will result in a forfeit from the tournament.

3. No looking at opponent’s controller or eye movement when picking plays.

4. If equipment fails during the game, games will be replayed from the start unless it is halftime. After halftime, scores are taken from the first half and another half is played. Scores from each half are added together to form final score. Kickoffs are as they should have been if malfuntioned game had played through.

5. NO lurching (dive tackling over the line of scrimmage with a DL). DL is allowed, but you must either drop back into coverage or go outside the offensive tackle to rush.

6. Onsides kicks are OK anytime (aka, “at your own risk”).

7. Fourth man down (ROLB) is allowed for use on XPs, not FGs. Also, no WR and TE at RB.

8. Playbook changes are allowed.

9. Discuss on whether the two opponents before the game starts if they would like to see in-game coin toss or not. It is random, so it doesn't matter. I, myself, prefer to see the actual toss. So discuss it amongst yourselves. I would advise if the toss is witnessed. But that's not my call. Talk to each other.

**If both parties agree to forego any of rules 5 through 9 before a game, then it’s acceptable.**

May want to first post where and when the tourny is going to be than give a 30 day notice. Would be a better turnout.

Very cool. I live in Chicago, and can't see any reason missing this one.

One thing that I think is usually standard practice at these tournaments though, is to ask, and get a good headcount as far as how many people can bring a NES, and game cart, controllers, etc. That might help alleviate alot of pain and effort trying to find many of these on your own.

- Modell

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...