buck's "HighSpeed" 2010 NFL TSB ROM - SUPER BOWL update 2/05

buck

Hey Buck!

Gotta say this is the best ROM out there and i've played knobbe's, Drummer's and QBEagles!!

The high speed gameplay is perfect and does not take away from the nostalgic feeling of the original...

Creative plays are cool...hope you can add more in the future.

I find myself spending my entire off-days staring into my laptop with this. LOL Curently I am in the middle of my first full season with PATS and after 11 games (8-3). The only rule i have for myself is that i can only reset a loss once throughout(must play through Championships or SuperBowl) And that has already happened!! Proves how tough this ROM is!....

My brother who is a SF fan loves this also and i recently shown this to some relatives who played the original way back when....

The look on their faces is timeless!!!! LOL

Looking forward to the next season.....Keep it going!!

p.s. how far into the creative animations can you recreate? for instance...can you design it so that tipped or batted passes can be caught?

post-11421-13413729328542_thumb.jpg

post-11421-13413729329652_thumb.jpg

post-11421-13413729330817_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Don Amero. Looks like you have a pretty balanced attack with the Patriots.

I am planning on making a 2011 ROM based on this one - but with some play updates and stuff. (I just hope we actually have an NFL season! Oh, if we don't have an NFL season, I have a Semi-Pro and Minor League NES TSB ROMS :P )

Regarding your question about players catching tipped-passes, I'm afraid that is beyond my scope of hacking! it would be very cool, though.

Hey Buck!

Gotta say this is the best ROM out there and i've played knobbe's, Drummer's and QBEagles!!

The high speed gameplay is perfect and does not take away from the nostalgic feeling of the original...

Creative plays are cool...hope you can add more in the future.

I find myself spending my entire off-days staring into my laptop with this. LOL Curently I am in the middle of my first full season with PATS and after 11 games (8-3). The only rule i have for myself is that i can only reset a loss once throughout(must play through Championships or SuperBowl) And that has already happened!! Proves how tough this ROM is!....

My brother who is a SF fan loves this also and i recently shown this to some relatives who played the original way back when....

The look on their faces is timeless!!!! LOL

Looking forward to the next season.....Keep it going!!

p.s. how far into the creative animations can you recreate? for instance...can you design it so that tipped or batted passes can be caught?

Hey!!..Thanks for replying!

To answer your response on my attack, i would say a balanced OFFENSE is all i rely on LOL....i only started sharing plays with RB Green Ellis after about game 5. for the first few games i kept trailing into to the forth so i became pass-oreiented and plus RB Ellis suffered two injury stints in week 3 and week 5. CRAZY!! talk about having to be one-dimensional!! And that thing about balanced? As you can see my team defence stinks! HAHAAHA! no problem stopping the pass but the run stop is like trying to catch a fly in mid-air!! I''ve read others in forum complain about fustration caused by the run hack, but i believe its more fun that way and plus it adds to the challenge!...on the bright side just about any RB can contribute to a teams' offense. You done good things here Buck if not for at least the fact that you've created nostalgia in about 300 Kbits of info!! Because of my busy life i stopped playing current video games all together and as most have time-consuming learning curves, NES' TSB is a game that requires very little time and practice.

Thanks again for you hard work!!

p.s. Looking forward to the 2011 v. and don't worry about the lockout, NFL will always prove to be one sport planet earth needs!!

Hey Buck!

I have a few concerns i thought i should share with you on making this ROM light years ahead of anyone elses....

First:

i realized that the seconds tick off when kickoffs are made. If there is like 20 seconds to go there is no chance of time being left to implement a final play. The seconds should only tick when the KR catches ball. Since the actual play clock can be altered and adjusted i wonder if allowing a pause for the ball transition is possible. Simular to when theres a dropped pass can time be paused?

Second:

Are kickoff touchbacks possible?...nothing worse than recieving deep into endzone only to get tagged at the 5 or 10!!....Since interceptions in endzone are considered touchbacks i wonder if the code for this is simple....Maybe by pressing the B button to allow.

Third:

2-point conversion?....this might asking for much...i thought if placing the ball at the 10 to give Defenses a chance would work?

might be difficult being that there has to be an on screen prompt showing the player a choice between kicking and 2 points.

Forth:

Changing the overtime rule to reflect the NFL's current playoff rule.

Fifth:

Can there be a way to view defensive ability screen in real-time?....would be nice to see if a certain player has considerable physical condition for that extra advantage?

That's all i can think of for now....I think having these ideas brought up in this forum can inspire a perfect video game.....

in any way...Keep up the good work Buck!! Peace!

• 5 years later...

Making my rounds on all the sites ROMS. 13-3 with the Vikings, should have been 14-2 but I sat out all my offensive starters in the season finale since I had clinched. Lost that game on the last play by a COM kickoff return for td after I hit the go ahead field goal with seconds left. Number 1 in total offense by almost 2000 more than the 2nd team, and dead last in total defense. AP ran for 4095 yards and that is with missing 2-3 games. Playoffs beat the Lions 44-28, 49ers 49-24. Super Bowl up 42-38 at the end of 3 and the game froze, had to reset. Played it again, got down 14 early and clawed back for the title. This ROM is awesome, I love the up and down arcade type play. Awesome job Buck, would love to see a current version of this one specifically.

IMG_1405.JPG

anything new or different anybody want to see on this version if I make an update?

any bugs?

let me know.  

other wise, I think I am gonna decrease internal game physics speed by 2 notches, so that I can use higher visible speed attribute ratings (I will try not to effect gameplay).

also, I'm thinking about the touchback on kickoffs.

I had no problems except the ROM froze in the Super Bowl playing the Patriots. Music kept playing and clock kept running but players frozen. Touch backs are great, maybe a 2 point conversion would applicable for back and forth arcade style of this ROM. 

Edited by Kennya

1 hour ago, Kennya said:

I had no problems except the ROM froze in the Super Bowl playing the Patriots. Music kept playing and clock kept running but players frozen. Touch backs are great, maybe a 2 point conversion would applicable for back and forth arcade style of this ROM. 

what was the situation in the game when it froze?  was it during or after a play?  do you remember what play it was?  I bet there was a bug with a play.

• 3 weeks later...

Played my second high speed season with the Jets, trying to go back to back. Started out 13-0, went 14-2. Beat the Dolphins and Chiefs, lost to the Saints in the super bowl. Didn't force one turnover. Had a guy get tackled on the goal line on a breakaway as time ran out in the first half. Also fumbled near the goal line and they ran it back 90 yards, lost by 10. May play it again and try for the asterisk championship, but yeah it's just not the same as winning unscathed.