buck's "HighSpeed" 2010 NFL TSB ROM - SUPER BOWL update 2/05

buck

post-3789-1341372891974_thumb.png

TEAM SAMURAI PRESENTS:

TSB 2010 NFL "HIGHSPEED"

...a severely hacked TSB ROM.

new formations, new plays, WR screen passes, QB sneaks, Wildcat with HB pass!!!

RECENT CHANGES since post yesterday:

HUGE ROSTER UPDATE thanks to UNSMART.

also tweaked some plays, playbooks, ratings and sim ratings, team colors, etc.

-------------------------------------

DOWNLOAD MAIN ROM

DOWNLOAD VERSION WITH DEFENSIVE PASS DIVING (LIKE OG)

---------intro---------

This ROM is still about "play-picking" and 3-4 Defense - OG Tecmo style.

The major difference with this ROM is that I've "sped up" the game. This means that RS, RP, MS, PS, Kick Speed, Snap Speed, and Grapple Time (maybe other things) aren't what they used to be...

- so instead of commenting about "TSB ratings" for players, you're gonna have to comment on how they actually play relative to this particular ROM.

Another key difference here is that a Defender will no longer "auto-dive" at a pass. However, they will jump for a pass when possible (thanks xplozv)...however I've included a version with the OG defender diving.

---------hacks---------

32-team rom with in-game playbook adjustability (cxrom version 1.05)

Many new plays (WR screens, new passes) and formations (wildcat, goal-line, etc) adjusted standard TSB COM AI QB code

2010 NFL season players/uniforms (with 2010-11 Pro Bowl Rosters)

Realistic/Reasonable season simulation

Enhanced TSB Physics (All things sped up)

Enhanced Blocking for Extra Points and Field Goals

Pass Accuracy Hack (it is the completion/interception variable now)

No Auto-Dive for Passes (alternate version is available)

Quickness Hack (quickness is used as Max Speed for defensive int/fumble returns)

HP Hack (Hitting Power is factored into grapples)

COM AI "mojo" Hack (COM plays pretty good defense - however I fixed it so that COM doesn't get HP boosts)

Increased COM AI "juice" levels (for season play)

Punt Returners use their own Max Speed

Kick Returners use Max Speed of Right Tackle

Shorter Punts (around 65 yard max)

All Kickoffs range from 20 yd to middle of endzone

Preseason Injuries (causes bug when playing Pro Bowl vs COM - but it's worth it for MAN v MAN)

Different QB/PR fumble probability (QBs fumble more)

Player 2 Condition indicator fix

Graphics/colors enhancements to further customize the game

---------credits and thanks---------

cxrom - for the 32-team version (v 1.05)

Jstout - King of TSB Hacking, and for fundamental play design understanding, etc

xplozv - for "no auto-dive" hack, "grapple time" hack, play design info etc

BAD_AL - for TSB TOOL and TSB playmaker and all that good stuff

proads26 - for the awesome NFL logo (elway - for the previous version NFL Logo)

bruddog - for his "Playbook Hackers Guidebook" and overall TSB attribute science

BO_FB - for deep rating discussion/understanding

bodom - for his defensive RS/RP experiments

Maynard G Krebs - for various things

unsmart - roster adjustments, critical playbook/custom play feedback

my main man "rewhawl" - concepts/playbooks, mad beta testing

knobbe.org - for making this TSB community possible

love,

buck

post-3789-1341372891974_thumb.png

Edited by Knobbe

Good stuff, buck!

The major difference with this ROM is that I've "sped up" the game. This means that RS, RP, MS, PS, Kick Speed, Snap Speed, and Grapple Time (maybe other things) aren't what they used to be...

I have been experimenting with this myself. Can't wait to check it out.

Gonna have to plan some time this weekend to test this thing out - I'll post my thoughts on the new updates.

Most impressive.

I wouldn't have even thought about killing off the autodive.

The no-auto-dive defensive reactions are xplozv's work.

I've been using the hack vs MAN and vs COM for a couple months now and I can't go back. It opens up the passing game (helps COM, too) - creates a new strategy to throw into coverage (you'll see), but yet it also helps the defense because instead of leaving a receiver in open space - the defender is ready to make the quick tackle.

Alright, I'm 4 games in (2-2).

L Pats 14 Jets 35

W Pats 31 Jets 28 ot

W Titans 49 Lions 10

L Lions 7 Saints 24

Simply put, this rom kicks ass. Too many good things to list.

If I had to list some negatives (for constructive criticism purposes).

- I love the fact that defenders don't dive for passes, but it seems like they jump too much. Sometimes they break up the play perfectly, but other times they have great position to break up the play and jump unnecessarily, whiff, and the WR gets a big gain.

- The defense plays pass coverage so well that it leaves the QB open for huge scrambles.

- If you play is picked on one of the screen passes to the WR it results in a fumble most of the time.

- I won the toss in OT, kicked a FG on the first drive, but the computer didn't have a chance to tie it. Oh, that's right...that's only for playoff games. 8)

post-6125-13413728370769_thumb.png

I'm a fan of yours dating back to last year but i haven't registered until now. First of all, great stuff, I don't know anywhere else on the web where there are actually new plays to go with updated rosters, that kind of thing really is unheard of as far as distributing to others. I've seen posts(back in my lurking days) where people say if anyone masters your rom, they've made it big and as far as your rom i picked it up pretty quickly and i win about 80% of the time. Running, passing, i got pretty good at it. So thanks bro, for everything. My question is for the WR screens out of the run slots, do they count as rushes or receptions as far as stats because that seems like a pretty good way to run up the numbers on receptions.

If I had to list some negatives (for constructive criticism purposes).

- I love the fact that defenders don't dive for passes, but it seems like they jump too much. Sometimes they break up the play perfectly, but other times they have great position to break up the play and jump unnecessarily, whiff, and the WR gets a big gain.

- The defense plays pass coverage so well that it leaves the QB open for huge scrambles.

- If you play is picked on one of the screen passes to the WR it results in a fumble most of the time.

Thanks Bodom, glad you enjoy it. I know what you mean about the jumping, for now that's just gonna have to be a "feature" - I'll look into reducing the jumps.

Regarding QB scrambling - that's because of the COM "Mojo" hack. But be aware that in season mode, you're taking your life into your own hands scrabling too much - QBs fumble pretty easily and they seem to get broke.

That slot 1 "trips screen" isn't perfect, but I've never seen anyone actually recover the fumble (it always goes out of bounds for about a 3-4 yard loss) - so for now it just counts as a "non-play". I might refine it.

Thanks for the comments SSJ3Tech , the WR screens are counted as a run. I just went 12-4 with the Bengals (default playbook) Benson ran for around 1200 yds. I won the super bowl. This ROM isn't that hard - I pulled back the dogs a little, because I don't want to make two different versions this time. It's this or nothing.

The WR screens count as runs.

Just played a 5th game. Won, Packers 17 Giants 13.

Something I forgot to add in my first post, I think I have fumbled an average of 5 times per game. My yards are always in the 300-400 range, but fumbles are killing me. Also, I love that the stat screen only appears at half time as opposed to every Q. Like you read my mind.

The WR screens count as runs.

Just played a 5th game. Won, Packers 17 Giants 13.

Something I forgot to add in my first post, I think I have fumbled an average of 5 times per game. My yards are always in the 300-400 range, but fumbles are killing me. Also, I love that the stat screen only appears at half time as opposed to every Q. Like you read my mind.

that's kinda high - who's fumbling - is it the QB? Some games I will fumble maybe three times. But then some games I don't fumble at all.

Actually no, I usually run out of bounds with the QB. Most of the time it's the RB, few WR fumbles. 2 specific games, Pats vs Jets when I lost big. Moss and Welker both fumbled and Maroney fumbled 3-4 times. As the Lions, best fumbled 3 times in the first half alone. Not sure if it has anything to do with the COM juice. As the Titans, CJ only fumbled once.

Don't change anything though.. not complaining, I like the challenge. I also play on a laptop keyboard so my movements aren't as fluid as they would be using a controller.

I'm 5-1 so far going down the list (i.e. bills, dolphins, all the way to giants) and i like the new flow of the game. Fumbles do appear to be pretty commonplace, though. Also, what are the chances of you incorporating a HB screen into the playbook down the line.

Nice-looking start, Buck!

I just played a great game that I'll share about, quick:

Wk. 11, MAN/COM, Jets vs. Texans

Had 3 pick-sixes (all on Schaub), including 2 in-a-row by SS Jim Leonard!!!

W 42-24.

(Overall, 5 pick-sixes through 10 games played so far, plus 2 KR for TDs by Brad Smith, and 1 PR TD by J. Cotchery.)

-- the black on white's great, and that other color (what is it, 'aquamarine'?) looks really refreshing on the Teams screens.

-- I didn't like the jumping pass coverage at first, but the more I play the more I do.

-- one thing I was wondering, for your next update is, wouldn't it be cool to see at least the "TOUCHDOWN!" text colored non-white (gold?), if that's possible: I think it would just off-set the white of the player name text (and score) below, really well.

-- also, this is going to seem even more nit-picky but if you could put that "x" next to an injured player's name back to a non-white color, right now it just seems to blend in too much with the white text of the names.

Overall, the best 2010-11 Rom so far.

Thanks! (And, I might have more feedback too if you wanted it, but I didn't want to over-crowd this thread.)

Now, I look forward to kicking some more N.E. ass, in just a couple weeks (Wk. 13)!!! 8)

You know how you have the #2 DT on some teams at the second ILB spot, i was thinking maybe you could just put one of the ends at an OLB spot and then fill the #2 DT in at that end's spot making more like a 4-3, it would look like 4-3 over actually. And then slide the OLB who was at the spot that the end now occupies over to the ILB spot where DT #2 was, if that all makes sense. I was thinking that might make the D feel a little more lifelike, just a suggestion.

nice Nfl Network logo ,you got there buck..i had the same one in mine last year....... 8)

you didn't make it, did you? elway did it for me (I didn't even ask for it) when he upgraded the NFL shield logo.

You know how you have the #2 DT on some teams at the second ILB spot, i was thinking maybe you could just put one of the ends at an OLB spot and then fill the #2 DT in at that end's spot making more like a 4-3, it would look like 4-3 over actually. And then slide the OLB who was at the spot that the end now occupies over to the ILB spot where DT #2 was, if that all makes sense. I was thinking that might make the D feel a little more lifelike, just a suggestion.

ok, not quite following you - but I would like to understand what you're talking about.

to attach image, just below the "save, preview, and submit" buttons is a tab called "upload attachment", click on the tab and them browse for the file. you can probably figure it out after that. just "preview" your post before you submit it.

nice Nfl Network logo ,you got there buck..i had the same one in mine last year....... 8)

you didn't make it, did you? elway did it for me (I didn't even ask for it) when he upgraded the NFL shield logo.

What the hell kind of response is that buck,hell dude i was just saying. Chill the hell out.

For instance the eagles have mike patterson at LILB and the same pattern follows true with the bears(tommie harris), saints(sendrick ellis), panthers(ed johnson), seahawks(colin cole), and lamarr houston(raiders). There's also a couple with DT#2 at the ROLB position(texans, colts, giants) but i don't want to preach too much about perfection lol, just want to offer my suggestion.

For instance the eagles have mike patterson at LILB and the same pattern follows true with the bears(tommie harris), saints(sendrick ellis), panthers(ed johnson), seahawks(colin cole), and lamarr houston(raiders). There's also a couple with DT#2 at the ROLB position(texans, colts, giants) but i don't want to preach too much about perfection lol, just want to offer my suggestion.

hey, do it while I still have time to tweak it. I like the idea of DE at OLB - because in TSB ROLB usually rushes QB all the time.