That damn cheating computer!!!

49er4life

The computer really wanted me to lose this game. I was the Chargers and was playing a regular season game vs the L.A. Lambs, Miller and Tollliver fumbled once each and Butts fumbled twice. I was down 14-0 midway through the third quarter 8O . However I came back from behind to score 7 points in the 3rd and 14 in the 4th to win 21-14. :lol:

I know all too well about the game you had. The thing is, when I get in a hole to the computer in the 4th quarter, when you're mounting that comeback, you know that the computer has all the cards. One fumble that bounces the wrong way, a few picked plays in a row, or a bad pass will end it all for you're team. The point is that the comp doesn't nessesarily want you to lose all the time, it just wants you to respect it every once in a while. Occasionally, it will want you to lose. Then you will lose, because you'll get that interception, fumble or just turn it over on downs because your 38 rec back just dropped a wide open pass. When I win a close game like that, I don't think, "the computer wanted me to lose." Rather, I think, "the computer really wanted to teach me a lesson." Most of the time I learn that lesson. :lol:

i had a game the computer wanted me to lose. super bowl vs. the oilers. i spanked them during the regular season with philly and then in the superbowl they beat me. i was pretty pissed. moon hit all the open guys and i couldnt stop white on the sweeps. then you factor in my fumbles and int's and it was a sad time in my house...

If the computer wanted you to lose. You will lose. However, usually the computer doesn't have enough motivation to see you lose until late in the season or in the playoffs.

I don't believe this. I think that every game I've lost it was winnable, except for one -- I was the Tampa Bay Bucaneers against the Chicago Bears. I was using their backups, and it was just not winnable.

thats the thing about the oilers is that in the playoffs they can burn you with moon and the fab 4. the only way to beat them is to get in a shootout and put up more points than them. thats why I cringe more when I have to play against the oilers in the super bowl than the bills. even if you call pass defenses and play zone the whole time they still make triple coverage catches. I'm sure moonwalk will attest :lol:

scott

• 2 weeks later...

On a completely unrelated topic except that I felt bad to hear about mrubino723 losing to the Oilers, I will share an experience of mine and offer a bit of advice. I was playing the Oilers in the postseason and I too got shredded by Lo White on that sweep to the top of the screen. I lost and it was embarrassing as I was the one with the most Tecmo Experience in our house at the time and didn't even get the chance to go to the Super Bowl while my less talented roommates got to go on and compete for the glory.

Well, from that point on, my strategy against the Oilers has been to call that play and that play only. Just as B.O.C. said "Don't fear the reaper". I say, "Don't fear the Oilers run and shoot passing game". Dare Moon to beat you throwing. Pressure him with everything but the kitchen sink. The NT lurch works like a charm. Don't take any crap from the Oilers.