Tecmo Bowl Play instructions

TecmoTurd

I did a little investigating tonight, messed around with some bytes to try and see what they did, and wasn't able to come up with much concrete yet, but I was able to answer one question xplosv had mentioned in one of the prior posts...

the first byte of each player's instructions is usually x20, except for QBs which the byte is then x02. This basically looks like it determines the stance (x20 = four point, x02 = QB 2pt stance). If you set a non-QB stance to be x02, they go in that stance, their head turns back and forth as the QB's does, but it borks up their play instructions (in my instance WR1 threw an incomplete pass to himself), so it's almost like x02 sets who is QB...

Also, in his WR screen example, he sets the 4th byte of the QB string from x02 to x00. It seems that this is the index of the player to throw to in the order of:

x00 = WR1, x01 = RT, x02 = RB, etc...

So in effect, setting x02 to x00 for that byte passes it to WR1. If you set it to x01, the QB will throw it to the right tackle...

Haven't seen xplosv in a while, but I sure could use the help in determining the rest of these play instructions...