Post here if you play TB...

TecmoTurd

Basically, the computer is too easy. I'm hoping to get hold of jstout to find the juice code, but in the meantime I want to play some human players. I was IMing TPCers last night, but rather than hunt people down, I thought we could have an official thread representing a directory of anyone who wants to play TB online.

If the list gets big enough, I'd be willing to write a TPC for TB players...but I want to see who even has interest in the game. If it's just me, buck and mad-brad, I won't waste my time, and instead I'll just continue to look for players who want to play one-off games...

I'm not looking for a league (yet) or anything more than just some casual online play, but if you have any interest, let it be known so that we may play some games.

Post your AIM SN along with your response...

I'm down.

I will need some assistance setting up whatever emulator you use (Nestopia? Can't get it to work online for some reason - maybe my friends are being dumbasses on their end) - because I've always used VirtuaNES playing online with friends.

when will you be around? I don't leave AIM on much at all (I use AIM express).

AIM: buck4tsb

I'm not being a killjoy but why play TB when we have TSB? Please explain.

EDIT: I just read the other thread, aka TB Tool, and now get the love of TB. I too remember those days well and may tinker with this myself. :D

My reasons are pretty simple......I like the arcade feel of TB, the bigger player models, and I'm starting to love the 4 play thing. The biggest reason though is change of pace...it's just something different I haven't gotten into until recent (since my childhood, anyways). So, I decided to starting getting some love for the game and see what comes of it.

If you want to play a game, let me know...

Alas, 'tis a game i would rather play on console. But i do play it as often as the others (see PM, TT). I just don't know when or how sticky i would be to an online game. That and i'm already hooked into another schedule that is ongoing which typically takes all my online time.

Just played some more TB tonight...I'm sad I didn't get into this game earlier. I love the simplicity and the 4 plays thing...changes strategy and makes for a different game...

I really hope jstout finds time to finish the 32 team ROM...playing this online vs. a human opponent has opened up my desire to play it more, and a 32 team ROM would be awesome. If I knew more people would play it, I'd write a "TPC" type thing for TB, but I can't see wasting the time if only 3 people play it.

I wouldn't mind getting a casual league or something going sometime otherwise...

Yeah...it's still Tecmo, it's just 4 plays instead of 8, and almost every covered pass is an INT. Other than that, it's same tecmo goodness...just a different approach to some things...

I'll find ya sometime avg and we'll hook up for a casual game...

Played TecmoBrowns (drummer4god) tonight. Wow, I'm still not used to the INT on every covered play...no more tap tap desperation throw, cause it's picked off, to the tune of like, 7 times in that game.

That being said? Loads of effin' fun...

You really gotta watch out for some of that stuff. But the game is so fun, and so fast paced even though they typically are low scoring affairs (in the hands of a knowing player). NEVER any FGs (so what you guys did was outrageous). Say what you will, i still believe Chicago to be the best team. And not to be steppin on anyones' team here Turd, but Miami is probably the worst.

but Miami is probably the worst.

Miami isn't an elite team, but not in the basement either.

DAL, MIN, and WSH are all easily worse than Miami when you stack up the 12 teams. Miami also owns the defenses of DAL and WSH. Despite the speed WSH has on defense, pass 1 puts it on em pretty good. Manley can't get to the bottom WR in time on pass 1. Mann can't get to the top WR either.

The best defense for Miami comes from guys like Fredd Young, Mecklenburg, Singletary, and Michael Carter. Speed coming from the middle is key to combat the quick throws to the top or bottom.

Miami is a pretty tough match-up for Indy's defense because of poor team speed.