TSB Player Data Screen Stat Locations

Excuse me,

How are the stats from the player ability page (i.e., the visualization of the stats via the HEX-linked number image palette) linked to the actual on-field dynamic of the player (i.e., 'fast' verses 'slow')? I ask because I'm a proponent of modified stats to support various ROM play-styles to compliment CCs, different player 'types' and the like, but I think altering the stats (the numerical visualization on the player stats pages) has a negative affect on the player of the ROM, because a new stat breakdown is confusing to past and present fans of TSB.

If I could change the visualization of the player stats pages, and change an 81 to a 56 in appearance on data screen's only (perhaps only making subtle changes to denote philosophical differences in how stats have popularly been used), it would go a long line in helping continue the flavor of TSB for the everyfan, in a known nostalgic sense, while at the same time still being able to change the 'guts' of TSB for the purpose of, say, Custom Defenses. :D

Anybody have any information about how to alter the visualization on the data screens regarding player attributes?

Okay, so...

88 is a high number for RECs, right? When we see '88' on the team data page, we think, "Woah, that motherf*cker can catch!" So, we boot up a game, throw a pass to that guy and he makes a CC where an otherwise, lessor WR would have not.

What in the HEX associates the Team Data screen's visual representation, in this case, the number "88" with the actual on-field feat, itself? My thinking is, if we can change JUST the way the Team Data screen displays numbers for players, we could then make significant changes to the actual on-field capabilities of the players without at all changing the known TSB Player Ability Point Scale on the Team Data screen.

Okay, so...

88 is a high number for RECs, right? When we see '88' on the team data page, we think, "Woah, that motherf*cker can catch!" So, we boot up a game, throw a pass to that guy and he makes a CC where an otherwise, lessor WR would have not.

What in the HEX associates the Team Data screen's visual representation, in this case, the number "88" with the actual on-field feat, itself? My thinking is, if we can change JUST the way the Team Data screen displays numbers for players, we could then make significant changes to the actual on-field capabilities of the players without at all changing the known TSB Player Ability Point Scale on the Team Data screen.

Are you saying, for example, that you want 88rec to not be worth as much? So instead of just making a range of REC 6-50 because you don't want it to be so high, you just make 88 the same as about 50, and keep the same range? Or whatever you want the actual ability to max out at. If that's what you're saying, I'm pretty sure Bruddog has done something like this for QBs, where 81pc ended up being worth about 63. I don't know hex that well, but I imagine it would be possible for the other positions, as well.

Are you saying, for example, that you want 88rec to not be worth as much? So instead of just making a range of REC 6-50 because you don't want it to be so high, you just make 88 the same as about 50, and keep the same range? Or whatever you want the actual ability to max out at. If that's what you're saying, I'm pretty sure Bruddog has done something like this for QBs, where 81pc ended up being worth about 63. I don't know hex that well, but I imagine it would be possible for the other positions, as well.

That would be cool, and was my initial thought, but I almost think (in this theoretical thought pattern), that it would be easier just to change the graphics of the values on the Team Data screen, before delving into altering the values themselves. What Bruddog did, as you noted and I linked to in the above thread, was a change made for the sake of how these numbers interact, which is a whole difference sphere than of what I'm talking about.

I would LOVE to have all of that info, as in, locations in the ROM where the values of individual player stats could be altered, but I'll happily take simply changing the 'look' of the numbers on the Team Data page.

I don't know a whole lot on hacking like the rest of you guys so don't jump all down my throat cause im a waterboy, but that is a good idea. However, I think players who have high running speed should be faster that players who dont have high running

speed.

I believe 56 ms speed is two seconds slower than 63 ms speed. 75 ms is 1st. 69 ms is 1 second slower than 75, and so forth. Now it changes when you get to 56. I believe 56 it's 2 or 3 seconds slower than 63 dont quote me on that but ill have to check again. I just think the rs should help more than it does Like Jerry Rice is 44 69 69 and Barry Sanders is 38 69 69 but they time out at the same speed. In my opinion Jerry should maybe be a second or two faster cause his running speed is higher.

For instance they say a player with

running speed 44

rushing power 69

maximum speed 56

should be a second or two faster than a player with 38 running speed that is. To my understanding a high running speed only helps the ball carrier reach his maximum speed quicker. Am i right or wrong here? Correct me if im wrong. I run the ball a lot and ive noticed from back to back, that high running speed just helps the ball carrier maintain his speed to make quicker cuts, jukes and fakes ect... Ive timed guys on the game against defenses with every defensive players attributes set on 6. every player with the same ms had the same time no matter what their running speed was. I think that is a glitch in the game that they didn't bother to fix, or maybe they forgot, or maybe it wasn't enough room to do this. But it doesn't make sense to me.

If rs does help a player reach his ms quicker, then why do the ball carriers with the same ms time out at the same time? Does anybody understand this?

RS is starting speed, RP is acceleration, and MS is max speed. RS as a whole is slower than MS. I think the scale is something like 56rs = 6ms. So to begin with, anyone with less than 56rs is starting out slower than 6ms. The reason RS has almost no effect on offensive players on the original rom is because everyone has 69rp. With 69rp it probably takes less than a second for a player to accelerate to their MS. If you make RP variable and lower for most players, then you will notice a difference between players with different RS.

I don't know a whole lot on hacking like the rest of you guys so don't jump all down my throat cause im a waterboy, but that is a good idea. However, I think players who have high running speed should be faster that players who dont have high running

speed.

I believe 56 ms speed is two seconds slower than 63 ms speed. 75 ms is 1st. 69 ms is 1 second slower than 75, and so forth. Now it changes when you get to 56. I believe 56 it's 2 or 3 seconds slower than 63 dont quote me on that but ill have to check again. I just think the rs should help more than it does Like Jerry Rice is 44 69 69 and Barry Sanders is 38 69 69 but they time out at the same speed. In my opinion Jerry should maybe be a second or two faster cause his running speed is higher.

For instance they say a player with

running speed 44

rushing power 69

maximum speed 56

should be a second or two faster than a player with 38 running speed that is. To my understanding a high running speed only helps the ball carrier reach his maximum speed quicker. Am i right or wrong here? Correct me if im wrong. I run the ball a lot and ive noticed from back to back, that high running speed just helps the ball carrier maintain his speed to make quicker cuts, jukes and fakes ect... Ive timed guys on the game against defenses with every defensive players attributes set on 6. every player with the same ms had the same time no matter what their running speed was. I think that is a glitch in the game that they didn't bother to fix, or maybe they forgot, or maybe it wasn't enough room to do this. But it doesn't make sense to me.

If rs does help a player reach his ms quicker, then why do the ball carriers with the same ms time out at the same time? Does anybody understand this?